Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD - McNeese in Game Thoughts

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
    USD fans don't go to the USD board they go to the D2football.com board.
    Do both of them post there?

Comment

One comment- Road games and turnovers count in football. No shoot oneself in the foot, the opponent has the gun, so who does the damage? Certainly its not self inflicted, its called a whipping and one that is long overdue. Sure Allan got over 100 yards on the ground, but what else from the pups of the south. Welcome to D1FSC!!!!

Comment

I think even a SDSU fan has got to admit that before making a accurate assessment on USD they need a chance to get all those advantages that come with home field. USD has an offense that is tailor made for their home turf. Their vertical offense works better there because it is built for ideal conditions. That may explain some of the reason for the poor road play as well. Hey I am not here to make excuses the better team won today.
        If that's the case, USD is in for a long transition. If you want to play FCS teams while you're in limbo, you go on the road. Maybe you'll get McNeese or somebody to visit now and then, but that'll be the exception that proves the rule.

For the record, the SDSU team you are so certain is inferior to your Coyotes has played Southland Conference (McNeese's conference) foes six times. Our record (including three road games) is 5-1.

Wins: McNeese, Nicholls State, Central Arkansas, Stephen F. Austin, Texas State
        Loss: Texas State

But that Texas State loss was on the road, so in Coyote-think, that doesn't count.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
          If that's the case, USD is in for a long transition. If you want to play FCS teams while you're in limbo, you go on the road. Maybe you'll get McNeese or somebody to visit now and then, but that'll be the exception that proves the rule.

For the record, the SDSU team you are so certain is inferior to your Coyotes has played Southland Conference (McNeese's conference) foes six times. Our record (including three road games) is 5-1.

But that Texas State loss was on the road, so in Coyote-think, that doesn't count.
          So....WE'RE 5-0 YIPPEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Please reference where I said with certainty that the SDSU team is inferior to the Coyotes. Please don't say things that aren't true. Since you won't be able to come up with that info I won't be hearing from you again.
            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              One comment- Road games and turnovers count in football. No shoot oneself in the foot, the opponent has the gun, so who does the damage? Certainly its not self inflicted, its called a whipping and one that is long overdue. Sure Allan got over 100 yards on the ground, but what else from the pups of the south. Welcome to D1FSC!!!!
              Please reference one person (let alone a Coyote Fan) that said that road games and turnovers don't count in football. We won't be hearing a reasonable response to that either.
              How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

The problem with many SDSU fans on this board is that they let their strong bias towards SDSU get in the way when it comes to analysing. Thats not true with some of the stronger posters on the board but it is with the the majority. It's a good thing that they don't have a business school at SDSU because there would be alot of failed businesses from a lack of the ablility to think objectively. It's ok if you are an SDSU fan, obviously this is where they hang out. Many of you need to learn to look at things objectively.
                How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Making excuses and analysing a game properly are actually quite the same but it depends on what perspective you look at the game from. When looking at this game many people would point out that the athletes are better, deeper, faster or whatever on McNeese. Some of it may be true but not to a great extent. USD had guys running down field open and Shepard was not hitting those receivers like he usually does. When a team fumbles inside the opponents 5 twice that is not a talent differential it is a concentration problem on the Coyotes end. That is basically 10-14 points taken off the board. Say what ya want about the Coyotes but they did self distruct in the game. That is part of the game though and it counts which is the way it goes. There is a big difference between being whipped all over the field athletically and getting outcoached. I don't think that was happening for the most part.

It appeared to me that McNeese's offense did eventually wear down USD but I also think that USD's Offensive Line definately held their own against McNeese's fairly stout defense. Amos Allen did very well running the ball against their fast D front. He didn't break any long touchdown runs but he was getting big chunks of yards on the majority of his carries in the second half. If anything USD was gaining momentum on offense as the game went on not losing it. Those few plays that often decide games are one thing that USD didn't make and McNeese did. That was the difference and that is to the credit of the Cowboys. I don't want to hear that athletically USD didn't match up because I think they did match up.

I look at McNeese much the same as UNI. They are probably about even in team strength and if I remember right UNI did hand it to SDSU pretty good on their home field. I think even a SDSU fan has got to admit that before making a accurate assessment on USD they need a chance to get all those advantages that come with home field. USD has an offense that is tailor made for their home turf. Their vertical offense works better there because it is built for ideal conditions. That may explain some of the reason for the poor road play as well. Hey I am not here to make excuses the better team won today. I predicted a Coyotes loss and they lost. I am not happy about it but it's not going to make the Yotes just do into the tank.
                  You may want to check your facts. SDSU led Northern Iowa 17-3 at the half in that game and ended up losing 27-17. I guess I wouldn't consider that getting handed pretty good...

Comment

Please reference where I said with certainty that the SDSU team is inferior to the Coyotes.
                    OK, here are just a few times you asserted that USD (or other "top D2 teams") would beat most FCS teams, including several times you referenced SDSU specifically.

9/23/07, 11:05 a.m.
                    "But at home USD is an amazing football team that would take most D1 FCS teams."

9/23/07, 11:48 a.m.
                    "The teams appear very similar right now. USD better home team, SDSU better road team."

9/19/07, 2:45 a.m.
                    "If you put UNO and SDSU on a neutral field I am taking UNO to win that game. SDSU would likely finish between 3rd and 5th in the NCC as it is now and as SDSU is now."

9/15/07, 12:22 a.m.
                    "USD still owns the all time series against SDSU so don't think that when USD gets to D1 that SDSU is just going to roll because that is not going to happen. I think the home team would win the majority of the time."

9/13/07, 9:47 a.m.
                    "Sorry guys but Grand Valley is 10-14 points better than SDSU."

9/12/07, 9:37 p.m.
                    "There is very little difference between D1 FCS and much of D2 football. D2 has proven time and time again in the D1 teams own backyard that they match up very evenly in many cases. "

Gosh, that's just in the last two weeks.

I can see what's happening here. This board is a road venue for you, so nothing you say counts on this board. You were built for the fast track at d2football.com.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

The problem with many SDSU fans on this board is that they let their strong bias towards SDSU get in the way when it comes to analysing. Thats not true with some of the stronger posters on the board but it is with the the majority. It's a good thing that they don't have a business school at SDSU because there would be alot of failed businesses from a lack of the ablility to think objectively. It's ok if you are an SDSU fan, obviously this is where they hang out. Many of you need to learn to look at things objectively.

It's the smack thread...

Comment

I can see what's happening here. This board is a road venue for you, so nothing you say counts on this board. You were built for the fast track at d2football.com.
                        General warning to all, don't even get curious about what the yote fans are saying on D2FB.com. Unless you want a good laugh or a sore neck.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Just found out somthing interesting that CoyoteFan forgets to comment on...Didn't McNeese St.'s leading rusher break his ankle on one of the first plays of the game? I hear he is averaging 7.3 yards per carry? Hummm, I have to wonder what the score of the game would have been with this guy was in the game all night. Not that 31-7 wasn't bad enough.
                          Oh, that right, this was an away game, so to a Yote fan that's worth three touchdowns right there.

Go Jacks!!
                          Last edited by propar80; 09-30-2007, 03:54 PM.
                          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Coyote_Fan, is there even a single thread in the history of the USD(d-1?) board that has reached 40+ posts? Considering that the handful of 'Yotes fans will no longer be relevant on d2football.com and likely won't be noticed on AnyGivenSaturday, will that board finally become relevant? Or, will the refugees from Coyote County find this board a more tempting target (since people actually visit this site)?

BTW: Congrats to McNeese on another victory!

Comment

Please reference one person (let alone a Coyote Fan) that said that road games and turnovers don't count in football. We won't be hearing a reasonable response to that either.
                              Hey you are saying in your post in this thread that turnovers and road games dont count. Losing the ball twice inside the 5 year line. Some teams have defenses that are drilled on forcing turnovers. McNeese just might be one of those teams, one that you no longer see in the NCC. Thank God there is no NCC after this year. USD will have to start facing the real world. I guess you guys found that out last night.

Also mention all the problems your quarter back had in throwing the ball. Do you suppose Mc Neese has good coverage and forced some of those bad throws? How about objectivity here? Where is it?

SDSU has a Ag Economics and Commerical Economics majors that are equal if not supeior to the the USD School of business. Take your comments about being objective and apply them to your own psuedo superior reasoning, which for over six years now I have read your biased comments that are often very faulty and I been reading them before D2football was born. Remember Egroups? So how about practicing what you preach? Get off your high horse before another team like the McNeese Cowboys bucks you off and we have to take you to the EM hospital.

Not only that USD has used every effort to stop SDSU from ever having an accounting major, and why has USD felt the need to do that? If they let SDSU offer the full ball of wax in a field of accounting the enrollment at Vermillion would probably decline. It also would screw up their athletic recruiting.

Not only that but I recall someone mentioning recently that USD stopped Northern from offering certain courses also. USD has had a monoply on the business majors, but really have done the state of SD injustice, by being overprotective. One of these days its all going to change.

As far as failures, would you consider Dana Dykhouse a commerical econ major from SDSU a failure? E Denny Sanford at Primier bank does not feel that way.
                              Last edited by Nidaros; 09-30-2007, 07:49 PM.

Comment

I agree with Coyote_Fan.... USD is fit for a dome.... Something that is going to have to change because UNI, NDSU, and even UND would beat USD the majority of the time..... Also again SDSU drew 15,338 this weekend.... How would it look if even at USD's reported capacity of 10,000 would have to turn away 5,000+?????

Comment

Working...
                                X