Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD - McNeese in Game Thoughts

Guys, guys, guys,

This is a Smack section. Don’t let your blood pressure get out of control. If you want to know what a person is really thinking you have to look at his serious posts.

Go here

http://www.d2messageboard.com/showthread.php?t=3807

and read post #15:

Note the second paragraph:

"I think the dome probably makes the Coyotes look much better than they are just because of the drastic difference of how the game is played inside on astro turf vs outside on grass or field turf. It's a different game and different things need to be done to succeed in each enironment. Even as much as a 10-15 MPH wind can throw off USD's offense."
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Well, that was fun, wasn't it?
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Coyote_Fan says: "The top teams in D2 have decent records against their D1 FCS counterparts in head to head games."
        Well lets take a look at the numbers, shall we?

- This season, in 74 games between FCS and D2 teams, FCS is 60-14.

- Last season, in 90 games between FCS and D2 teams, FCS was 67-23.

- Five ranked D2 teams have played FCS teams this year, and in those games the D2 squads are 3-2. Sounds good, right? Let's take a closer look...
        * Those three wins have come against FCS teams that are a combined 1-11. Oh, and that one win was in overtime.
        * McNeese State, ranked No. 6, defeated USD 31-7.
        * Delaware, ranked No. 12, defeated Tarleton State 41-14.

Obviously, after looking at these numbers, Coyote_Fan is absoultely right, FCS teams stand no chance when playing their D2 counterparts.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
          It's time to take another leave of absense because most of the posters on here are just unreasonable and cannot be receptive to a reasonable conversation that doesn't involve putting SDSU on a pedestal way higher than what they deserve.
          You'll be back.

Comment

It's time to take another leave of absense because most of the posters on here are just unreasonable and cannot be receptive to a reasonable conversation that doesn't involve putting SDSU on a pedestal way higher than what they deserve.
            I just want to remind Coyote_Fan that this is the smack section. If you want more thoughtful and respectful discussions, I think you'll find those elsewhere on this board. We're just trying to have some fun down here in smack. It's nothing personal, and this really isn't the place for "analysis". It's all in fun.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

This is the SMACK section, you red rummy! You think we're gonna kowtow to a mangy canine?

Don't the the door hit ya on the butt on the way out!
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I think that is the first time I've seen someone with a red box for rep points hehehe.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                  I think that is the first time I've seen someone with a red box for rep points hehehe.
                  The box turns red when your reputation goes below zero?

How appropriate.
                  @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                  --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

31-7!

How 'bout dem Coyotes!!!

Back in the closet Coyote_Fan!!!

GO JACKS!!!

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                      31-7!

How 'bout dem Coyotes!!!

Back in the closet Coyote_Fan!!!

GO JACKS!!!

SUPERBUNNY
                      Coyotes belong in cages not closets.

Comment

Splitting hares here but they are probably best STUFFED!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

That's the opposite of the truth. You're trying to put USD on a pedestal they don't deserve. Perhaps the Lincoln Memorial, with a Coyote instead of Lincoln. Only bigger. Or perhaps a version of the Collossus of Rhodes - the Coyote of Rhodes. Again, only bigger. You don't want to recognize the FCS is indeed a higher level of competition than is D-II. You ignore the different results of USD and SDSU's performance against FCS teams.

You're welcome to climb onto the pedestal if you can. It's a long hard climb, you can't just wish yourselves there.

Comment

Hold on, looks like Coyote Fan came out of the closet.

(\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

OK, folks, let's stop kicking a dog when he's down . . .
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Coyote Fan is a long time acquaintence or message board poster or what ever. I first started posting to an Egroups message board for D2 football and I want to say that was back in 1999. Egroups I believe was bought out by Yahoo and kind of disappeared all together. This particular Egroup board, that was started by an attorney from Kingsville Texas and I believe Coyote Fan showed up on that board. There was not too many NCC fans on that board. JBB and Tony from NDSU were the only two I can recall beside Coyote fan.

The disappearence of Egroups lead Brandon Misener, whose adopted parents are from South Dakota, to start D2football.com. Brandon is a Northwest Missouri Grad but has had a passion for D2 in general. I still think its a great website for information and Brandon is a great person. He cant controll all the posters as it has grown leaps and bonds in its short history.

I really dont think its a good idea to dwell on this poor soul Coyote Fan as he has been unreasonable for a long time. What I recall particularily is when John Austin was coach at USD, Coach Austin could do nothing right. He was not winning so that made him a real dope. Now that Ed Meirkort has had some success, Coach Mierkort can walk on water. He only seems to understand winning games, and some how losing is an unacceptable failure. There is not middle ground in his reasoning. None. I would hope for his sake that his everyday life is not like that, as he would a very hard person to deal with in the workplace.

I must confess I been booted from a few message boards and often I have said many things that I later regretted so I am no angel either. I dont think any one is going to change Coyote Fan and like JDJack said, he will be back. So I think we just try to deal with his statements and arguements in a logical and rational manner, and if thats SDSU bias, well then I guess we are biased.
                                Last edited by Nidaros; 10-02-2007, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X