Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD - McNeese in Game Thoughts

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
    Please reference where I said with certainty that the SDSU team is inferior to the Coyotes. Please don't say things that aren't true. Since you won't be able to come up with that info I won't be hearing from you again.
    I believe the problem SDSU fans have with "Coyote Fan" is a lack of humility. I for one am impressed with his/her overwhelming support of USD athletics. What I expected from Coyote fan today when I logged in was something similiar to "Hey you guys definately have bragging rights this year, but we'll be back". Instead I heard a flurry of excuses about how TO's killed em etc.
    I am a die hard Chicago Bears fan. Today we got thumped by the Lions. We had 3 turnovers within the red zone. SO WHAT, we got beat today by a better team. Coyote fan, don't come on this site and make excuses. Someone causes those turnovers by your beloved Yotes. The South Dakotans I grew up with were tougher people than you seem to be. Take it like a man, this year the Jacks are a better football team. You only look weak and stupid with your arguments.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      OK, here are just a few times you asserted that USD (or other "top D2 teams") would beat most FCS teams, including several times you referenced SDSU specifically.

9/23/07, 11:05 a.m.
      "But at home USD is an amazing football team that would take most D1 FCS teams."

9/23/07, 11:48 a.m.
      "The teams appear very similar right now. USD better home team, SDSU better road team."

9/19/07, 2:45 a.m.
      "If you put UNO and SDSU on a neutral field I am taking UNO to win that game. SDSU would likely finish between 3rd and 5th in the NCC as it is now and as SDSU is now."

9/15/07, 12:22 a.m.
      "USD still owns the all time series against SDSU so don't think that when USD gets to D1 that SDSU is just going to roll because that is not going to happen. I think the home team would win the majority of the time."

9/13/07, 9:47 a.m.
      "Sorry guys but Grand Valley is 10-14 points better than SDSU."

9/12/07, 9:37 p.m.
      "There is very little difference between D1 FCS and much of D2 football. D2 has proven time and time again in the D1 teams own backyard that they match up very evenly in many cases. "

Gosh, that's just in the last two weeks.

I can see what's happening here. This board is a road venue for you, so nothing you say counts on this board. You were built for the fast track at d2football.com.

In none of those examples did I say that USD was definately or with certainty better than SDSU. Actually one of your examples proves me correct. I said the teams appear similar right now. How do you take from that USD being definately better than SDSU.
      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        General warning to all, don't even get curious about what the yote fans are saying on D2FB.com. Unless you want a good laugh or a sore neck.
        I took the bait MD and all I can say is wow!

At times I think that there are many of us here that see things completely skewed the Jackrabbit way, but usually that is on the smack thread and is likely a response to a USD or Mavbot post in there.

These 6 people are truly insane. I believe that a large portion of it is tongue in cheek but still. I respect a love for your school but this is crazy. If the yotes struggle for the first year or two in D-I, I am truly concerned that some of these people would take their own lives, or at least not sleep for a week trying to come up with ways to justify why the yotes are the best team in the history of football.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
          I believe the problem SDSU fans have with "Coyote Fan" is a lack of humility. I for one am impressed with his/her overwhelming support of USD athletics. What I expected from Coyote fan today when I logged in was something similiar to "Hey you guys definately have bragging rights this year, but we'll be back". Instead I heard a flurry of excuses about how TO's killed em etc.
          I am a die hard Chicago Bears fan. Today we got thumped by the Lions. We had 3 turnovers within the red zone. SO WHAT, we got beat today by a better team. Coyote fan, don't come on this site and make excuses. Someone causes those turnovers by your beloved Yotes. The South Dakotans I grew up with were tougher people than you seem to be. Take it like a man, this year the Jacks are a better football team. You only look weak and stupid with your arguments.

"No excuse here. McNeese won this one big." That is one of my first comments or maybe it was my first in responding to the game after it was over. I immediately went into my explanation of what happened in the game.

By your reasoning if a coach went into his week after a game and believed that reporting on what happened in a game was just excuses than how would the coach ever be able to fix the things that went wrong. Whatever happens right or wrong needs to be mentioned and addressed. Explaining what happened in a game is not "excuses" but just reporting observations.

By the way for all of you that think I or other Coyote fans don't think road games or turnover don't count I also mentioned that those things absolutely DO count. Just go back and read in this very thread. Some of you like to mis represent what I say. Please go back and check before making assumptions. If you want to be critical that is fine but at least be accurate.
          How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Coyote Fan, it is not a matter of just reporting what happened. You have made it abundantly clear on this forum that you believe Coyote athletics, and specifically Yote football is superior to SDSU. I find it interesting the high level of discussion between opposing fans here of every institution except USD. All fans support their teams but are gracious in defeat. Fans of differing teams are being invited to tailgate with one another. Then at game time the arguments can begin only to have reasoned discussion afterwords. Yet you can not or will not admit the obvious that SDSU has a superior football team. Thus not allowing for reasoned discussion between fans of these two South Dakota institutions. There should not be any doubt "at this time" who has the better football team based on the flop job USD did this past weekend.
            I realize respect is probably something you don't care about from SDSU fans but you would get a large measure of it if you would state the obvious.

Comment

In none of those examples did I say that USD was definately or with certainty better than SDSU. Actually one of your examples proves me correct. I said the teams appear similar right now. How do you take from that USD being definately better than SDSU.
              Now you're parsing a bit here. It depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is... right? Did you say USD is "definately [sic]" or "certainty [sic]" better? No, but you suggested USD is as good as SDSU and in fact would beat SDSU in Vermillion, which is just ridiculous given the evidence from your loss at McNeese. USD is a very good D2 team. There is a significant gap between D2 and FCS. You saw it firsthand at UCA and at McNeese. We beat both of those teams, including McNeese at Lake Charles.

I was attacking your assertion that there's no difference between the two divisions. There's a significant difference. Welcome to FCS. McNeese is good, and I'm guessing that with their Southland schedule starting next week, you probably didn't get their best shot. Oh, and your future conference mates Cal Poly and UC Davis are as good as McNeese, or better than them on a year-to-year basis. You'll see that there's an enormous difference between St. Cloud and Cal Poly and between Mankato and UC Davis.

Nobody is suggesting that USD won't transition well. I think they will. Speed is key, and USD has some. You need more. And it's not a cakewalk to FCS as some USD fans seem to believe. Plus the endless string of excuses is just embarrassing. Road losses are losses. Fumble inside the five? Your drive was worthless. Do it twice? Two worthless drives. Outgain somebody? Doesn't matter unless you outscore them. Feel like you SHOULD have won? Moral victories aren't worth a darned thing.

Your coach said it right last night: McNeese made plays. USD didn't. That's FCS in a nutshell. The team with great line play and more playmakers behind them usually wins.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Jimmy Jack makes me chuckle. 78000 touchdowns. That's funny.
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

...Some of you like to mis represent what I say. Please go back and check before making assumptions. If you want to be critical that is fine but at least be accurate.
                  Interesting. In the past, I have attempted to verify statements of "fact" you have made so that I did not have to make assumptions and so that I could fairly evaluate and consider the point or points you were trying to make. The following shows what happens when you make a statement and someone responds with a question in an effort to check out what you have asserted. This exchange took place on September 21, 2007, in the Smack thread titled "The real reason USD is moving to D-1". The thread is still available for you, Coyote Fan, or anyone else to review.

What are we to think about your credibility when you make statements such as the one quoted below, and then you ignore questions about the statement? I think your refusal to respond speaks volumes: You made a false statement.

Coyote Fan: please do not consider this a personal attack. I recognize that in the heat of smack, people may make a wild statement or two. But, think twice before you start criticizing some of the responses you have invited -- YOU have a credibility problem. Here's the example from 9/21/07:

Coyote Fan: "..So no one can truley say with certainty that USD was forced to go to D1 because their intentions were to go the whole time even before SDSU decided to go...."

JackJD question: "I had not heard before that USD had intentions of going to DI before SDSU decided to go. It probably makes no difference now because the fact is, SDSU did it years before USD made the announcement. Even so, I am curious, Coyote_Fan: what is your support for the assertion that USD had intentions to go to DI "even before SDSU decided to go?" I do not recall hearing or reading about such intention. If your statement is true, I'd like to know that. For now, I think I have to assume you're taking some liberty with the facts. [Did you perhaps mean to suggest that when SDSU and NDSU were telling the NCC the Jackrabbits and Bison were considering going to DI, USD said it would too but decided not to because the NCC as a group didn't make the move? Part of your post suggests that to be your view of the situation.]"

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                    I took the bait MD and all I can say is wow!

At times I think that there are many of us here that see things completely skewed the Jackrabbit way, but usually that is on the smack thread and is likely a response to a USD or Mavbot post in there.

These 6 people are truly insane. I believe that a large portion of it is tongue in cheek but still. I respect a love for your school but this is crazy. If the yotes struggle for the first year or two in D-I, I am truly concerned that some of these people would take their own lives, or at least not sleep for a week trying to come up with ways to justify why the yotes are the best team in the history of football.
                    Some of it clearly is tongue in cheek and its funny, hence the reference about laughter. Some of its plain ludicrous, hence the sore neck from nearly continuous head shaking.

I think they're all the same guy....Dissociative Identity Disorder. One things for sure, he/they are yote fanatics.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      Interesting. In the past, I have attempted to verify statements of "fact" you have made so that I did not have to make assumptions and so that I could fairly evaluate and consider the point or points you were trying to make. The following shows what happens when you make a statement and someone responds with a question in an effort to check out what you have asserted. This exchange took place on September 21, 2007, in the Smack thread titled "The real reason USD is moving to D-1". The thread is still available for you, Coyote Fan, or anyone else to review.

What are we to think about your credibility when you make statements such as the one quoted below, and then you ignore questions about the statement? I think your refusal to respond speaks volumes: You made a false statement.

Coyote Fan: please do not consider this a personal attack. I recognize that in the heat of smack, people may make a wild statement or two. But, think twice before you start criticizing some of the responses you have invited -- YOU have a credibility problem. Here's the example from 9/21/07:

Coyote Fan: "..So no one can truley say with certainty that USD was forced to go to D1 because their intentions were to go the whole time even before SDSU decided to go...."

JackJD question: "I had not heard before that USD had intentions of going to DI before SDSU decided to go. It probably makes no difference now because the fact is, SDSU did it years before USD made the announcement. Even so, I am curious, Coyote_Fan: what is your support for the assertion that USD had intentions to go to DI "even before SDSU decided to go?" I do not recall hearing or reading about such intention. If your statement is true, I'd like to know that. For now, I think I have to assume you're taking some liberty with the facts. [Did you perhaps mean to suggest that when SDSU and NDSU were telling the NCC the Jackrabbits and Bison were considering going to DI, USD said it would too but decided not to because the NCC as a group didn't make the move? Part of your post suggests that to be your view of the situation.]"

There was a vote that took place of NCC schools and whether or not they wanted to move up as a conference to D1. USD voted to move up as a conference. I do not have a link to that vote or anything like that so I cannot prove that at this time. Wouldn't it suggest that it does have some merit considering that USD is now officially making the move. They could have just as easily went to the NSIC and stayed D2 if they never had intentions at all. Since they are moving it does point to the notion that at a point in the past they were indeed for a move up to D1 as a conference.

Who really cares who went first or who didn't. It really won't matter much in the future. SDSU would likely have never moved up had NDSU not led the way. It's not as if SDSU is some kind of trail blazer.
                      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Nice spin. That vote was brought on by SDSU and NDSU. What about USD's prior (prior to SDSU) resolution to make the move to DI? That is what you asserted. Your spin -- your clarification -- makes clear your original statement was not accurate.

Let's change your most recent admonition around a bit: If YOU want to be critical of what others are saying about your posts, then YOU should at least be accurate.

GO JACKRABBITS!!!!!

Comment

Another fact. Since 2004 USD is 20-0 or something to that effect at home. In that same span USD has lost something like 11 games on the road. Probably just at .500 or a little above. That is against primarily D2 teams. It is certainly not totally out of line to think that USD would beat SDSU at home but not be certain that USD as a team is better overall than SDSU. How is that way of thinking out of line. I would sure like to know. USD not only beat good teams they slaughtered them. The top teams in D2 have decent records against their D1 FCS counterparts in head to head games. I do believe that USD would have a good chance to beat McNeese in the Dakotadome. Recent history certainly supports that theory. USD has lost badly at UND over the past 4 years but has also whipped them pretty good at home. It's very commonplace for the Coyotes to lose on the road against a team only to turn the tables at home against them. I am not making excuses and assertions just for the heck of it. What is true is true. Under Meierkort USD is unbeatable at home. It's a fact, there is no wiggle room, it's a fact. what is it about "zero losses at home in 3 and a half years" is difficult to understand. USD would likely beat SDSU in the Dakota dome if the teams played next week. SDSU would likely have a problem stopping USD's offense in the dome. Even your very own beat writer admitted that USD has some pretty good skill players. Go read the McNeese message board and see what they had to say about USD. Some of their players think USD was the best team they faced all year. That is the mediocre version of the USD team that takes the road every week. Some of their posters were shocked as to how USD's offensive line pushed their D-Line off the ball. Most would say that the final score wasn't indicative of the game but I will not go there because the score is what ultimately matters. SDSU fans take only the things they want to take out of things. It's in their nature to be biases and not look at the entire picture. If you put two and two together it is a very fair assumption at this point to say that USD beats SDSU in Vermillion and SDSU beat USD in Brookings.
                          How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

It's time to take another leave of absense because most of the posters on here are just unreasonable and cannot be receptive to a reasonable conversation that doesn't involve putting SDSU on a pedestal way higher than what they deserve.
                            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=1247089

Click that link and scroll down to "team stats". You'll see that Tx St equaled, exceeded, or were very close to the Jacks in most of the categories. First downs, total yards, heck their time of possession was 9 minutes better. Doesn't matter, they had NO CHANCE against SDSU.

Point being, doesn't matter if you "move the ball", "run with ease", "hang with them for a quarter", "had receivers open downfield". You got your butts kicked plain and simple and its embarassing that you can't just admit that. I let it slide after UCA kicked your butt last year chalking it up to naivete and bravado.

Reality check, USD has a darn good DII football team that might be 3rd best in a league that is good but isn't what it use to be and will cease to be after this year. 2 trips to FCS schools have resulted in a combined score of 55-7. If you keep igoring the facts the consequences will be undesirable.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

It's time to take another leave of absense because most of the posters on here are just unreasonable and cannot be receptive to a reasonable conversation that doesn't involve putting SDSU on a pedestal way higher than what they deserve.
                                Don't let the door hit you in the arse. I suspect everyone at D2FB.com hopes you choose to do the same there. Man my neck gets sore when I read the crap you post.

Comment

Working...
                                X