soccer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: soccer

Since D2 is so beneath you now, I thought I would let you know that your volleyball team that just the other day you were bragging how many D1 teams you've beat, got worked at home by a lowly D2 school from the NCC 3 games to Zero. How the hell does that happen?

Mavericks#1

Comment

Probably the same way a brand new D-I Volleyball team beats established programs like UTEP, Drake, Boston College and the rest.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by JBNJBQ
        I think Fat Jake is one of those "crow magnum men" I've heard about!?

Crow= Fat Jake should be full of it by now!

Magnum=a large whine container, holding about 2/5 of a gallon of whine.

Man=that is the only part that really doesn't fit, but 2 out of three is close enough! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ
        Isn't it funny how Maverstink answers posts intended for Fat Jake! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Maverick 1, I too was surprised that they lost 0-3 to a d2 team at home. I can assure you that plenty of sdsu fans will spin that somehow into a postive. Builds character or we were looking past these lowly d2 schools or we had too much homework that night. It will be some nonsense. Maybe they can delete that from their web site so the BSC doesn't see that they got blitzed by a d2 school.

Comment

Ya, you are right, because the BSC decision is going to come down to women's volleyball. : How did your D-II cows do today. I don't really keep us with the lesser divisions.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Don't feed the vultures. Their opinions are irrelevant in every aspect of life, every aspect.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Maverick 1 - In fairness to the Jacks I have been a little surprised with their initial success.  If I had to give them a grade thus far it would be
                FB - B to B+ - You have shown to be good but you are still 1-2 in d1aa play. Had you beaten Poly I would give you an A.  Probably a B+ since you only have 38 rides.
                Soccer - F - Not competitive at all.  In fact I am absolutely positive UNO will beat you in Brookings as long as we are healthy.  A terrible team.  I have seen them play twice so I am sure on this one.
                VB - That is a hard one bc you have had some nice victories especially against Boston College.  But just can't get past the fact that you got beat by 2 lower division teams.  One can be called a fluke but not 2 -especially when one is an NAIA team.  Will give you a B but am almost inclined to go C+ with those 2 horrible losses.

Comment

Big Jake,

I agree with you on your overall grade for SDSU football team. I think the NDSU game will give us a better guage of where they are at. I now think it will be a tight game decided by a touchdown or less either way.
                  The soccer team has done a little better than I thought. Sounds like their goalie is a stud. She has seen more shots than an Iraqie bunker. I think the UNO and SDSU soccer game will be close because it is in brookings and beacuse of SDSU's goalie. I predict a one goal game either way.
                  The volleyball team has seen some good wins and some embarrsing loses. I give them a C+.
                  I now think that their mens basketball team will struggle more then we thought. They have lost some key players (moeller and jones) and had an average recruiting class. I know the SDSU spin doctors will try and convince us otherwise. These guys could spin Kerry and Bushes campaigns better than the advisors they have now. But that is the jackrabbitt fans we have come to know. I do have to give their football team some props they are doing better than I thought.

Mavericks #1

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
                    Note to JBNJBQ -  Go back and  check your thread where you said "Jacks are better then (sic) the Bison" or something close to that.   Hit edit and correct your choice of words - reflects badly on your fine institution.  
                    Big Jake:

I have obviously overstepped the boundry again for
                    decency and moderation in my last post! For that
                    I appologize! Let me try to correct your misguided and
                    obvious error in a more gentlemanly way. Try this.
                    Take a look at who posted the thread (It was not JBNJBQ)!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

(don't forget to read verticle)

Comment

jbnjbq,  For once you truly do deserve an apology for some undue smack I gave you.  Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by JBNJBQ

Big Jake:

I have obviously overstepped the boundry again for
                        decency and moderation in my last post! For that
                        I appologize! Let me try to correct your misguided and
                        obvious error in a more gentlemanly way. Try this.
                        Take a look at who posted the thread (It was not JBNJBQ)!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

(don't forget to read verticle)

LOL, very nice! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
                          Since D2 is so beneath you now, I thought I would let you know that your volleyball team that just the other day you were bragging how many D1 teams you've beat, got worked at home by a lowly D2 school from the NCC 3 games to Zero. How the hell does that happen?

Mavericks#1
                          Just wanted to let you know that the same lowly d2 team that whacked you at home 3-0 came to UNO and lost three games to one. But I know you spinmasters will now tell me how many D1 schools you have beat instead of explaining how you got swept at home by a d2 school

Mavericks #1

Comment

We don't need to spin anything.

http://www.argusleader.com/sports/Th...article3.shtml

SDSU ranks 108 out of 316 schools in the Rich Kern Percentage Index, which mimics the Ratings Percentage Index that the NCAA uses to determine postseason teams. That rating places the Jackrabbits higher than such established Division I schools as Iowa, Iowa State and Indiana.

"Most of my friends can't believe we're that high," he said. "It's important for us as we schedule Big Ten teams and Big 12 teams. They want to know our RPI so it doesn't hurt them."

Minnesota is No. 1 in the RKPI ratings. SDSU is second among schools reclassifying to Division I - Northern Colorado is 140, North Dakota State is 218 and California-Davis is 256. Only Indiana-Purdue Fort Wayne (106) is rated higher.

The only UNO in the RKPI is University of New Orleans. Go play on a D-II board.

Comment

Working...
                            X