• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU v NDSU

Bison men up early 3-0.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

18-5. Another hard-to-listen-to game so far . . .
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

29-24 NDSU, I think we still got a chance, and if we just keep plugging and fighting back. Joe Green seems to holding up against the student pressure.

29-26

Comment

Jacks have come back, lead by one now, under 30 sec. in the half, outrebounding NDSU 21-12.

SDSU 33-31 at the half. Survive a 15-5 early deficit.

Green has 10 points, Beran 4, Holdren 5, Hokensen 6, Giever 2, DeJong 2, Loney 4 points.

NDSU Green has 7 points, Kelchen 5, Erbes 2, Dobmeier 5, Smith 5, Hahn 3, Obadena 4.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Jacks 52-42. About halfway through the 2nd half (C'mon, Steve, tell us the time . . .)
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

55-47 with 8 min to go

Green and Beran both have 4 fouls with 7:40 to go

Comment

59 49 Jacks with 5:15 to go

Comment

61-52, under 3 minutes. Nail biting time. Too bad I just trimmed mine earlier this evening.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

We make free throws, we might with this one. 64-55, under a minute.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Jacks win their 10th game . . . 68-57.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Jacks win Jacks win Jacks win.

Go get them recruits. This painful season is over thank God.

Comment

Funny, I'm listening online and the game is just ending while you guys have posted the final.
                          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll
                            Funny, I'm listening online and the game is just ending while you guys have posted the final.
                            Well then, you can double check my Nagy Notes:

Nagy Notes:

The way we started the game was pathetic. Our guys responded well though, withstood emotion of senior night.

Holdren was feeling it tonight, he's so strong and quick, the people of NDSU got a good look at the future of SDSU basketball.

Joe Green was a bit angry early, he's a competitor.

Our kids played great, rebounded real well. Outrebounded them by 19. We played like we wanted it more. Able to leave with a good taste in our mouth for what's coming. Will really miss the seniors, they got to play a lot this year, they've given us five unbelieveable years.

Brady hit some big shots, he was playing with confidence. Jared was tremendous early when Ben and Joe were in a funk, stepped big, played great.

It's been a strange season. For me it's been frustrating at times, I think we should have won more games. Played better against D-I opponents than at home. Hard for young kids to be leaders. Pleased with how we played on the road for the most part. So pleased with how we ended the year, kids didn't lay down. Will give us a jump start on recruiting, kids feel good about themselves.

We have those two redshirts sitting there Cadwell and Gilbert, we will be a better team as soon as this season ends. All division I games next year, including twelve at home next year. I'm real excited about next year. Important to get into a league, but excited. Probably will add three more new kids in addition to the ones everybody knows about now.

We just shut NDSU down after the first part of the game.

Ten years, can you believe it? I appreciate Steve Imming putting up with me when we lose and I'm in one of my moods, not the best interview.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

With Beran, Green, and Holdren coming back, We will be decent next year. I think in two years we will be VERY good, I'm glad the guys got a big win last night on the road to close out the year, as tough as its been this year, everyone should feel good about the last two games (UCF & NDSU)

Comment

02/26/2005
                                Jacks Fall To NDSU On Buzzer Beater
                                http://www.gojacks.com/
                                FARGO, ND – Katie Lorenz scored at the buzzer to give North Dakota State a 64-63 victory over South Dakota State in women’s basketball Saturday night at the Bison Sports Arena.

SDSU had taken the lead twice in the closing minute, but the Bison countered every time. Megan Vogel hit two free throws with 33 seconds left, making it 61-60 Jacks. But Leah Klabo scored to put the Bison back ahead. Then Sarita DeBoer hit a jumper from the free throw circle, giving SDSU a 63-62 lead with 7.8 seconds to play.

Lorenz was the only player to touch the ball after NDSU inbounds following a time out. She hit an off balance jumper to win it, giving the Bison a sweep in the season series with the Jacks. SDSU is 20-7 while NDSU is 25-1. Both teams will play Grand Canyon of Arizona next weekend, with the Jackrabbits closing their season at Frost Arena on Saturday (March 5) for Senior Night.

SDSU got off to a fast start and had a 11 point lead twice, the first at 24-13 on a basket by Megan Vogel with 10:31 to play. A jumper by DeBoer made it 26-15 with 8:57 left, then NDSU went on a 20-6 roll giving the Bison a 35-32 hafltime lead.

NDSU opened a 49-39 lead early in the second half, then SDU went on a 12-0 run to regain the lead at 51-49 on a three-pointer by Brooke Dickmeyer with 9:36 left.

Lorenz led four players in double figures for the Bison, with 14 points. Reserve Brenda Slyt added 13 while Kayla Dahlen and Leah Klabo had 11 each.

Vogel led the Jacks with 21 points. Heather Sieler went 3-for-3 on three-point shots and finished with 13 while DeBoer had 10.

Shannon Schlagel had 14 rebounds as she went over the 1,000 mark in that category for her career, currently at 1,004. She scored nine points.

North Dakota State 64, South Dakota State 63
                                South Dakota State (20-7)
                                Megan Vogel 5-16 10-14 21, Shannon Schlagel 4-16 0-3 9, Sarita DeBoer 5-10 0-0 10, Stephanie Bolden 0-0 0-0 0, Heather Sieler 5-7 0-0 13, Andrea Vergegan 2-4 0-0 5, Brooke Dickmeyer 1-4 0-0 3, Sara Meckley 0-1 0-0 0, Christina Gilbert 0-5 2-6 2. Totals 22-63 12-23 63

North Dakota State (25-1)
                                Kayla Dahlen 4-5 2-4 11, Lacey Johnson 3-8 0-2 8, Leah Klabo 4-10 3-4 11, Katie Lorenz 5-14 4-4 14, Lisa Bue 0-3 0-0 0, Katie Dahlen 0-0 0-0 0, Brandee Gibbs 1-5 0-0 2, Brenda Slyt 5-8 1-3 13, Danni Heintzelman 1-2 2-2 5. Totals 23-55 12-19 64

Halftime - NDSU 35, SDSU 32

FG% - SDSU .349, NDSU .418. 3-pt FG - SDSU 7-16 (Sieler 3-3, Verdegan 1-1, Dickmeyer 1-2, Vogel 1-5, Schlagel 1-5), NDSU 6-10 (Slyt 2-3, Johnson 2-4, Kay Dahlen 1-1, Heintzelman 1-1, Lorenz 0-1). Rebounds - SDSU 41 (Schlagel 14), NDSU 40 (Klabo 8, Lorenz 8). Fouls - SDSU 17, NDSU 18. Fouled out - none. Assists - SDSU 15 (DeBoer 5, Sieler 4), NDSU 12 (Lorenz 5). Steals - SDSU 14 (Sieler 5), NDSU 6. Blocked shots - SDSU 1 (DeBoer), NDSU 6 (Klabo 4). Turnovers - SDSU 10, NDSU 16. Attendance 6,052.

Comment

Working...
                                X