Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU v NDSU

Originally posted by rabbit4life
    I need everyones help on this one,  I over heard we are loking at a young man from Kansas city today,  I hear he is around 6-5, 6-6 and as athletic as andre gilbert.  I know if someone said the name I could tell you if that is it.  Can anyone help me out.
    I was trying to help you out!

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit4life
      I need everyones help on this one,  I over heard we are loking at a young man from Kansas city today,  I hear he is around 6-5, 6-6 and as athletic as andre gilbert.  I know if someone said the name I could tell you if that is it.  Can anyone help me out.
      Why do you need help? You seem to be the one that has all the inside dope on what is going on. If I knew who you were, I would purposely spread a rumor for you to over hear and see if it showed up here on the board. Its a 95% chance I would read my false rumor here and a few other details thrown in. ;D ;D ;D. It not polite to listen to other peoples conversations. On signing day we will all know who is going to be a Jack and who is not. I for one can wait and get the facts correctly

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN

Why do you need help?  You seem to be the one that has all the inside dope on what is going on. If I knew who you were, I would purposely spread a rumor for you to over hear and see if it showed up here on the board.  Its a 95% chance I would read my false rumor here and a few other details thrown in. ;D ;D ;D. It not polite to listen to other peoples conversations.  On signing day we will all know who is going to be a Jack and who is not. I for one can wait and get the facts correctly
        FAN,
        were you having a bad day when you posted this or what.  this is a duscussion board so that is what we do is discuss things. I don't think rabbit4life was reprimanding anyone about talking about recruits, more than wondering if what he was doing was kosher.  I would say that half of all the topics on this board are rumors, its what makes it fun to discuss them.  You your self flew off a tangent on a rumor earlier that Andy Moeller wouldn't have been able to play his last year at state.  Take it easy man, we are all fans.

By the way, from what i can tell, rabbit4life seems to be a pretty good source. He was dead on with Cam Hornby and i think there will be a pretty good chance we may see a KC kid on the roster next year as well.
        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979

FAN,
          were you having a bad day when you posted this or what.  this is a duscussion board so that is what we do is discuss things. I don't think rabbit4life was reprimanding anyone about talking about recruits, more than wondering if what he was doing was kosher.  I would say that half of all the topics on this board are rumors, its what makes it fun to discuss them.  You your self flew off a tangent on a rumor earlier that Andy Moeller wouldn't have been able to play his last year at state.  Take it easy man, we are all fans.

By the way, from what i can tell, rabbit4life seems to be a pretty good source.  He was dead on with Cam Hornby and i think there will be a pretty good chance we may see a KC kid on the roster next year as well.
          DITTO ON ALL OF THE ABOVE!

Comment

Thanks guys for the support and by the way JackguyII is right on the KC kid it is Adam White. I was wrong on the height and I apologize for that. I hope we can add him too.

Comment

FAN,

By the way, from what i can tell, rabbit4life seems to be a pretty good source.  He was dead on with Cam Hornby and i think there will be a pretty good chance we may see a KC kid on the roster next year as well.
              I guess this is not the first time 1979rabbit has called me out. He loves to do that. Yes I did fly off a tangent on the eligibility of Moeller only because I was dumb enough to believe rabbit4life. I believe we have a few days yet before the offical signing announcements, so I dont think either rumor that rabbit4life about recruits are facts. Hearsay can later be false as it was with Andy Moellers eligibilty. Thank rabbit4life on that one.

BTW where is your buddy the homeschooler 91rabbit?

Comment

Take it easy big guy,
                I wasn't purposely trying to call you out as i have much respect for your dedication to SDSU.  I just think you were a little harsh on a fairly new poster here on the board. I understand that rabbit4life is a big boy and can stand up for himself, but the one thing that scares me about this board is that there is a group of fans (myself included) that like to post and may intimidate fellow fans with great information (like rabbit4life).  It would be the same way i felt when i started posting.  

Plus, there is a thought amongst many of our former NCC teams that SDSU fans are somewhat biased(we should be were "fans&quot and are not very cordial to outsiders.  Check out some of the other fanboards if you want their thoughts.  I don't think we should be that way as we move forward to D1.  I would assume it is the same reason that Mike H doesn't post anymore but lurks quite a bit. (not that he didn't deserve some of the ribbing)    

I forgot  it was rabbit4life who brought up the Moeller situation and that could be part of the reason you jumped on him about starting rumors.  I could see how you would be apprehensive now.

One more thing, i don't love to call you out, as you so eloquently put it above, we just don't agree all the time. And i have no clue who "home schooler 91 rabbit" is, was that directed towards me??
                Anyways, off my soapbox.  

"I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

If speculation was not discussed here there would not be nearly as much to talk about. That is why I read this board. Not all things posted here are true, but most are and I think we all like to have the inside information. If you want to wait until signing day SDSUFAN fine, but some of us like to speculate.

Comment

I enjoy the recruiting speculation and research as evidenced by many of my postings in this area. There are a lot of online sources that provide hints on where kids are looking and many times players, recruits and coaches are providing this information. Is it wrong for someone to post this information on this board if they get a tip about a recruit that is visiting SDSU, I don't think so. The thing I hate is when someone comes on this board with a malicious rumor that is totaly unfounded and is just trying to get a reaction from Jack fans ie. when someone came on here last year and indicated (AJ and Megan Vogel) were going to Minnesota State.

Comment

I agree with Jackrabbit1979 and Charger13. I am new to this board. Having moved out of the stone age with the purchase of my first computer this past fall, one of my old college roomates introduced me to this board. It took some time for me to first register, then to post.

I have spent most of the last month going back to the beginning and reading every post. I'm not suprised by the number of fellow SDSU diehards that share their knowledge and Love for our athletics and instituition. I don't really have any inside info to share, but would like to express my opinions and thoughts.

I have attended State BBgames since the Walker/Lingenfelter era. My first memory of listening to games on the radio is the year we lost to Wisc-Green Bay in the regionals.

I have enjoyed learning and laughing with most of the posts. I believe rumors/speculation are what makes this interesting. One has to take rumor with a grain of salt. Each person chooses to believe it or not. This has been stated before, but sometimes we have to agree to disagree.

Comment

Take it easy big guy,
                        I wasn't purposely trying to call you out as i have much respect for your dedication to SDSU.  I just think you were a little harsh on a fairly new poster here on the board. I understand that rabbit4life is a big boy and can stand up for himself, but the one thing that scares me about this board is that there is a group of fans (myself included) that like to post and may intimidate fellow fans with great information (like rabbit4life).  It would be the same way i felt when i started posting.  

Plus, there is a thought amongst many of our former NCC teams that SDSU fans are somewhat biased(we should be were "fans&quot and are not very cordial to outsiders.  Check out some of the other fanboards if you want their thoughts.  I don't think we should be that way as we move forward to D1.  I would assume it is the same reason that Mike H doesn't post anymore but lurks quite a bit. (not that he didn't deserve some of the ribbing)    

I forgot  it was rabbit4life who brought up the Moeller situation and that could be part of the reason you jumped on him about starting rumors.  I could see how you would be apprehensive now.

One more thing, i don't love to call you out, as you so eloquently put it above, we just don't agree all the time.  And i have no clue who "home schooler 91 rabbit" is, was that directed towards me??
                        Anyways, off my soapbox.  

JACK1979:
                        Not that it is important now, you got on me for telling 91rabbit a few things when he first appeared on this board asking if he(91rabbit) was the only one that thought the move to D1 was a bad idea. The way you came to his rescue I assumed he was your best friend.

I was just telling what I thought then and was also again when rabbit4life asked for us to conspire in his speculation about a recruit. ;D

None the less, I will say that I express my own views and if people can't digest them, well then so be it. I have nothing personal against anyone on this board.
                        In most cases, I have no idea who people are posting and really dont want to know.

As far as recruits, I sure there are a ton of rumors floating around campus and Brookings. Unless the press makes an anouncement of oral committement, I dont trust anything anyone says about any possible recruits. April 1 is not that far away. I suspect Coach Nagy and staff are very busy and their list changes from day to day.

The one day in early January that I watched practice, Coach Larson was gone. I did not think it was my business to hang around after practice and ask Coach Nagy where his top assistant was and what was he doing.

It was none of my business nor is it any one who is classified as a representative by NCAA definition for them to ask any coach, or assistant to make a statement or to speculate. With the NCAA rules being as they are we just need to be patient because there is a procedure of letter of intent and it has to be followed. Coaches are not allowed to comment prior to that date.

I think a good recruit from KC and a flashy guard from Canada would be excellent additions to the program, but until its offical, I will not believe anyone be it rabbit4life, JackGuyII, Charger 13 or any other person who feels the urge to speculate.

I really dont care who your inside source is. and if its a real inside source they are screwing SDSU up by making or hinting comments, giving names to a fan or alum or anyone connected the program. This kind of behavior will get us in trouble with NCAA.

April 1, is only 27 days away

Comment

Having had the pleasure to meet SDSUFAN face-to-face I must briefly give my opinion. FAN believes what he believes and stands by it. He'll defend his ideals without specific regards to the consequence. I guess I find this respectable and will cut him some slack when he offends. For others who don't know him, try not to take chatter on an internet forum too seriously. Its just that, chatter.

As aside, I wish Mike_H would come back more regularly.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

SDSUFAN:

Up to your old tricks again? Just when I think that you are starting to mellow with old age (i.e. retirement), you get mean and smear 1979 with an affiliation with me!

Don't worry about me. I won't offer any speculation about basketball players/recruits but I might declare the sky to be blue and wonder how long it will be before an argument breaks out here. ;D

Comment

91 rabbit:

Smear??   Just to mention your name and its a smear? Did any one tell you that your hide needed conditioning? Its a little on the thin side. ;D :-X

Comment

SDSUFAN:

Actually the smear was inflicted upon my good friend jackrabbit1979 so I was rallying to his aid. Even though we have never met, we must be in cahoots since he had the audacity to defend me when you pounced upon my unfortunate arrival on the board.

BTW: my skin is just fine. You should check yours.

Comment

Working...
                                X