Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re: Whose the best team in South Dakota?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 89rabbit

Ya, but the conference race is.  Mueller if 0 for 4 on NCC titles. Ouch.  

Go State!  ;D
    Staten has not won an NCC title nor had Beasley from UND, but I would still take both of them on my team.

Comment

Teams are more then the sums of their parts. Coach Nagy seems to be very good at putting together teams.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
        Teams are more then the sums of their parts.  Coach Nagy seems to be very good at putting together teams.  

Go State!  ;D
        As is Boots.
        But both men still need good players. Nagy would be able to put together a better team than what he has if he had Mueller and Boots would be able to put together a better team with a player like Matt Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by sports_buff

As is Boots.
          But both men still need good players. Nagy would be able to put together a better team than what he has if he had Mueller and Boots would be able to put together a better team with a player like Matt Jones.
          Nagy does not recruit arrogant people with arrogant parents. The Mueller family fits that mold and besides they are USD alums. You got them you keep them. Its that Simple,.

Comment

Originally posted by sports_buff

As is Boots.
            comparing josh mueller and matt jones is ridiculous. One led his team in the conference his freshman year the other is somewhat doing it his senior year. One is the classiest player SDSU has had in the last five years, the other is the unclassiest player the NCC has seen in the last twenty.
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

All is know is that I am more happy to see Mueller graduate than I would if Matt Jones were still playing. Mueller could beat you by himself sometimes where as Matt Jones needed other players around him playing well to get his game going. If that is indeed Mueller on those posts, dude I can't wait till you graduate.

Mavs#1

Comment

[quote author=jackrabbit1979 link=board=Smack;num=1109754905;start=30#36 date=03/03/05 at 07:31:18]

comparing josh mueller and matt jones is ridiculous.  quote]

Your right 1979, that is ridiculous. You put their career statistics against each other and it's not even close. I'll try to think of a better example next time.

Comment

Buff,

Nagy is better at putting teams together. You can't even argue this one. Results speak louder then words. I like many on the board don't feel that Mueller is a Nagy or State kind of guy. Just my opinion. If you think he could play for Coach Nagy, well then that is your opinion.

Scott Nagy at SDSU
                  10 years

4 NCC Championships
                  8 NCAA Tournament Appearances
                  220-77 Winning % of .740%

Dave Boots at USD
                  16 years

5 NCC Championships
                  5 NCAA Tournament Appearances
                  331-133 Winning % of .713%

Go State! ;D

P.S. One of them has moved on to Coach at the D-I level. 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
                    All is know is that I am more happy to see Mueller graduate than I would if Matt Jones were still playing. Mueller could beat you by himself sometimes where as Matt Jones needed other players around him playing well to get his game going. If that is indeed Mueller on those posts, dude I can't wait till you graduate.

Mavs#1
                    I'm not getting into the Mueller argument because his antics tend to skew people's views about his ability. But, saying Matt Jones could not beat you by himself is probably one of the dumbest statements you've made on this site. Maybe ask the UNO coach whether he thinks Jones could take over a game? I know sports_buff will agree. Jones was an unbelievable talent and an even better person. Just because his career was marred by a freak malady does not change that.

I would challenge anyone to call up any coach in the NCC and see if they'd rather have Matt Jones on their team or Josh Mueller. It would be a landslide in favor of Jones. A big kid who could shoot, jump, block shots and rebound is the type of player that coaches build around.
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Thats a pretty good picture 89, I believe that was taken during a pretty hard fought game at the Bradley Center against Marquette on Dec. 7th. when the Jacks were travelling to that game on the 6th of December- the usd coyotes were busy playing Dana.

Comment

MJA- are the Warriors making the tourney this year? Looks like their season was pretty solid even with the loss of Diener. Haven't looked at State's schedule for next year but are you guys playing UW-M next year, that would be a great back to back, Quette and UW-M. As for the USD comment, Dana at least kept Morningside within 3 points this year. Sorry just couldn't resist. The climb back up the hill will be worth it.
                        Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

I think we're playing UW-M in Frost next year, I think Marquette was a one year deal, does anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by joeybrownerHOF
                             Haven't looked at State's schedule for next year but are you guys playing UW-M next year, that would be a great back to back, Quette and UW-M.  
                            Yes they are coming to Brookings. Here is what is offical so far:

Men's

At Nebraska
                            At Montana St.
                            Morningside
                            UMKC
                            Tennessee St.
                            at San Diego St.
                            Denver
                            Butler
                            Manhattan
                            SE Missouri St.
                            Wisconsin-Milwaukee
                            at Central Florida
                            at Marquette
                            SW Minnesota St.

Home games Bold

There is a whole thread on next year's scehdule, here is the link:

http://diaafootball.com/cgi-bin/yabb...5926;start=0#0

Go State! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by joeybrownerHOF
                              MJA- are the Warriors making the tourney this year?  Looks like their season was pretty solid even with the loss of Diener.  Haven't looked at State's schedule for next year but are you guys playing UW-M next year, that would be a great back to back, Quette and UW-M.  As for the USD comment, Dana at least kept Morningside within 3 points this year.  Sorry just couldn't resist.  The climb back up the hill will be worth it.
                              Unless Marquette wins the Conference USA tourney, I don't see them making the Big Dance. Without Diener, the committee doesn't have that big name as a draw when considering them for an at large. They put up a 20 point win last night, so that helps. If they can beat Louisville in the conference tourney, that will do wonders.

UW-M is playing their conference tourney this weekend with UWM playing on Saturday night. Even with their great record, they need to win their conference tourney to guarantee a spot. Although, I'd be shocked if they don't get an at large bid even if they are upset. They are an athletic team that plays great defense and will be a great sleeper pick in your NCAA pools in a couple of weeks.
                              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

and it's official-unoficially ;D That we play at U of Illinois!!

Comment

Working...
                                X