Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re: Whose the best team in South Dakota?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mueller
    Our women won a big game last night. Did your women play last night? Oh yeah, their season is over.
    If this is you Josh, which i doubt it is, why are you posting on SDSU's fan board. It is bad enough when USD fans post on this board, but when players do, that may take the cake. It is too bad that your life doesn't move beyond State v. U. Good luck this weekend, maybe you should be watching film or shooting or even better studying.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I think part of the bitterness of sdsu fans toward mueller is that they really wanted him in an sdsu uniform and he chose usd instead. Kind of the same reason why they were angry with ty graham when he chose uno over sdsu. Do I think that is mueller - probably. He certainly wouldn't be studying at that hour so he probably has some time to wind down in front of his computer after a big win. Better he is on this site instead of some adult site.

Comment

Sorry jake, but this is one SDSU fan who is not bitter that Josh never became a Jackrabbit. I'm sure there are plenty others as well.

Comment

I'm with Vermillion rabbit, Muellers antics reflect poorly on usd, and I would not want to be associated with his behavior over the years.
          On another note, I never had anything against Graham, I would have loved to have him at SDSU, He was good, and as I remember he played with class-even though he always brought out his best when he played SDSU.

Comment

I always thought mueller was arrogant and often reflected bad attitudes. Having said that I would have loved having him as OUR bad guy. I wouldn't have minded his bad behavior so much. Last year we probably would have won the ncc with him and this year he would have helped with our losing season we had. Maybe not much but a few more victories would have made the season a little less painful. I am still numb from some of our losses. So yes I would have loved to have Mueller.

Comment

Originally posted by sdman
              I always thought mueller was arrogant and often reflected bad attitudes.  Having said that I would have loved having him as OUR bad guy.  I wouldn't have minded his bad behavior so much.  Last year we probably would have won the ncc with him and this year he would have helped with our losing season we had.  Maybe not much but a few more victories would have made the season a little less  painful.  I am still numb from some of our losses.  So yes I would have loved to have Mueller.
              Your kidding right? The Jacks would not have won the NCC if we had Josh Mueller. We were just fine last year at the  guard position with Richardson and Moeller. Now a healthy  Matt Jones would have likely netted the Jacks a conference championship and possibly brought the regional to Brookings where I like our chances against  Metro. Remember the Jacks beat eventual National Champions early last year while Jones was healthy.

Comment

Moeller was a great player - I'd rather take him and no antics, then a maybe slightly better Mueller with all the classlessness.

Comment

In all my years of watching NCC Basketball I can't recall of player with less class than Josh Mueller. I would not have enjoyed his antics had he been a Jackrabbit. I think Nagy would have enjoyed him even less and doubt he would have lasted very long. I'm sure Nagy saw all he needed to see while Mueller played at West Central to make a judgement that he would never play for him in Brookings.

Comment

I have to disagree with you calling Mueller classless. Cocky.....yes, but classless no. He is very competitive and any athlete of his ability or for that matter about every decent athlete (high school or collegiate) carries a bit of cockiness with them, that I will not fault him for.
                    Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Originally posted by joeybrownerHOF
                      I have to disagree with you calling Mueller classless. Cocky.....yes, but classless no. He is very competitive and any athlete of his ability or for that matter about every decent athlete (high school or collegiate) carries a bit of cockiness with them, that I will not fault him for.

I will be the first to concede that Mueller is a good basketball player but he is the definition of classless. How about his intentional foul on Austin Hansen in Vermillion - with Hansen spraining his ankle on the easy layup. What was USD's record against SDSU during his years? Far below .500. He did not have his best games against SDSU but I will not miss that cocky nod after nailing first 1st 3 pointer in a 3-13 shooting night against SDSU.

SDSU wanted Ty Graham - from what I have heard Mueller was not offered a scholarship at SDSU.

Comment

An intentional foul in a State/U bb game? No way. For the record Mueller was 3-4 against State....without getting the chance to play them twice this year. We can debate on who would win this year, but smart money would take the Yotes in a sweep. Yes, Frost would be a close game, but State just didn't have the horses this year. If Jonesy and Moeller and the juco kic would have been on the team then it might be a different story. What the hell... I just piled an assumption upon an assumption of a hypothetical game. Must have been that new pepperoni trio pizza from Za Hut I had this evening. Good eats.

Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo
                          Moeller was a great player - I'd rather take him and no antics, then a maybe slightly better Mueller with all the classlessness.
                          You've got to be joking. Your class act Moeller was just reprimanded by the NCC, Mueller's never done that. Moeller pouts and appears to me to be a bad teammate.
                          You guys act like you were happy to have drug dealing Richardson, but you wouldn't take Mueller. The same Richardson that bit Mueller in the leg last year, and twisted his ankle while on the ground the year before. Thats a classless act for ya.
                          Mueller plays hard all the time, if thats not what Nagy wants then Mueller probably wouldn't play for him. I realize that some of your players dogged it at the end of this year, but that doesn't mean that Nagy wants it that way. Don't think that Mueller wouldn't play for Nagy just because he gives 110% all the time.
                          Mueller is USD's all time leader in assists and steals and second in scoring. Anyone who honestly wouldn't want Mueller on their team is a fool. Since I know you guys aren't fools I know that deep down you guys would want him on your team, you just don't want to admit it to each other. I can respect that.
                          Richardson and Moeller couldn't carry Mueller's jock, and Nagy knows it as well. Whoever said Nagy didn't want Mueller should apologize to Nagy. That just makes Nagy look stupid. Nagy is a smart guy, you better believe he wanted Mueller. That would be like saying Boots didn't want Matt Jones coming out of high school. Many of you act like whoever didn't go to State wasn't offered a scholarship at State, I hate to break it to you but thats just not the case.
                          Mueller brings a lot of excitement to the game and had he gone to State you would all be very thankful, and you also would have had a much better record this year.

Comment

Sports_Buff,

You would think a player that is as good as you claim might be able to lead his teams to at least one NCC title during his college career.  :

http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/mbb.../champions.asp

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                              Sports_Buff,

You would think a player that is as good as you claim might be able to lead his teams to at least one NCC title during his college career.  :

http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/mbb.../champions.asp

Go State!  ;D
                              He's led them to some pretty good seasons these last couple of years, and this year isn't over yet. By the way USD should update that website that you posted. They left out the 2001 conference title.

Comment

Originally posted by sports_buff

He's led them to some pretty good seasons these last couple of years, and this year isn't over yet.
                                Ya, but the conference race is. Mueller if 0 for 4 on NCC titles. Ouch.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X