D-II, D-III, NAIA, and other lesser divisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D-II, D-III, NAIA, and other lesser divisions

I too am very excited about coming off of probation.  It has been a humbling time but I have accepted my penance with as much grace as I can muster.  I do think I will be back as a kinder gentler poster especially since we are coming upon the season of Lent.  
    I must admit that I have missed sdsu and ndsu a lot this year.  Not much in basketball bc we can fill our schedule with other interesting schools from the rmac, miaa, and even northern sun.  But I do miss your fb team a lot bc we can't come up with enough good opponents to keep the fb season entertaining week after week.
    Finally I was highly amused with 1st Row FAnatics post on the Big Sky Conference.  Actually he is a fair poster and doesn't just kill us for differing but there comes a time when it is time to put the Big Sky to rest.  Now is the time.  You guys are almost like the boyfriend who just won't go away.  It hasn't gotten to stalking but is past the annoying stage.  I am sure the BSC would like you to go away.  You may get the MId Cont or some other league but a little dose of reality is in order. Say goodnite to the BSC!!  IT is becoming a very unhealthy addiction for you SD people - kind of like Oklahoma people and rooster fighting!

Comment

Do you really want to talk about unhealty addictions?

Go State! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
        kind of like Oklahoma people and rooster fighting!
        Don't forget catfish noodling. That's another Okie favorite, for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1

Sports_Buff And Jake

We off probation party tommorow at my house. You Rabbitt fans are invited. Even you 89 Rabbitt!!!!!!

NICE PICTURE!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

I am glad you liked the picture. Means more coming from the picture king. ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Men's Regional Pairings:

1. Metro St. vs 8. Northern St.
              2. UNO vs 7. Winona St.
              3. USD vs 6. Neb. Kearney
              4. Mankoto vs 5. Fort Lewis

Women's Regional Pairings:

1. UND vs 8. Fort Hayes
              2. Moorhead vs 7. St. Cloud St.
              3. Regis vs 6. Duluth
              4. Concordia vs 5. Metro St.

Comment

JBNJBQ,

How come when you start a thread you never have any replies and no one views it. I am almost tempted to reply just to make you feel better. So instead you post under a thread that no one has posted under in forever.

Mavs #1

Comment

I usually don't converse with idiots, but I will make an exception this one time.

DII playoff schedules only fit under this thread. I made no comments with the post. It is, what it is. No response is necessary or expected from anyone for most of the things I post.

I know you and Fat Jake get off coming to this board and "visiting" with the "BIG BOYS". You love it when a DI fan responds to your stupid questions or comments. Somehow it must make you both feel significant?

I have no problem with that. I have always been kind to the less fortunate. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Maverick1 - This is basically between you and me since people don't come onto our thread. Did you see where the jacks might be forming a league with the likes of longwood, jersey inst of tech, among others. They will be traveling from Texas to New York, to Utah to Indiana and other places. That will rank almost with the Hawaii Rainbows in miles traveled. Some brutal travel.
                    What is your opinion Mav? I think it tends to help scheduling but those players better be good at studying on a bus bc they will be spending a lot of their college exp. on one.
                    But to the jacks credit they are now up to 42 fb rides on the way to 63.

Comment

I have been hearing that DSU wants to go NCAA D-II and join either the NSIC, or the NCC for some time now. Here is another story that hints at that.

Here are highlights from the Fargo Forum:

A downsized DAC10 to consider its future

By WAYNE ORTMAN Associated Press Writer
                      The Associated Press - Monday, May 02, 2005

SIOUX FALLS, S.D.

The Dakota Athletic Conference, down to eight schools for the next school year, has the invitation for new members ready and waiting.

Finding a taker may be a bit harder, said LaVern Jessen, commissioner of the DAC10.

The University of Mary, at Bismarck, N.D., will leave the conference to join the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference in a move from NAIA to NCAA Division II.

Financial problems at Si Tanka University at Huron leave its future in doubt. Classes ended last month and the school has filed for bankruptcy.

The DAC has reworked its athletic schedules for next year to remove Si Tanka games. Mary will play out its DAC schedule, but as a nonconference opponent.

"Eight (schools) is a workable number," Jessen said. `We would like to have 10 teams. That's ideal, particularly for football because you have nine conference games and it's very difficult to find more than one nonconference game.

"However, having said that, it's not easy to find new members. As we look around the area there isn't a team that we know of looking for conference membership. We are going to obviously attempt to find interested schools, but frankly at this time we don't have any good prospects."

A 10-member DAC is allowed two qualifiers in each the men's and women's NAIA basketball playoffs, but it will be allowed only one qualifier with eight members.

"We've requested an exemption to that rule next year because of this thing happening so fast," Jessen said.

Black Hills State University, South Dakota Tech and Dakota State University join North Dakota schools Dickinson State, Jamestown College, Mayville State, Minot State and Valley City State in the DAC roster next year. . . .

Dakota State's membership in the DAC isn't set in concrete, either.

"I've got to look at what is best for DSU. We are at this point in time trying to be a strong member to what will eventually be the DAC8," Wockenfuss said. "But at the same time we've been very open in our interest in looking at other avenues, other possibilities, mainly for budget reasons and some fan interest and alumni interest. Our present geographic alignment doesn't allow us any opportunity there
                      ." . . .

Anybody hear anything coming out of Madison?

Comment

I haven't heard anything. I used to talk to a former DSU AD quite frequently but haven't spoke to him in about a month. If I bump into him, I'll ask him what's going on. He usually has some good insight...

Comment

I posted this on the Argus too.

This last winter, they were thinking about it, but the committee chose to stay in NAIA for now, but look for another conference if at all possible, which pretty much isn't, unless somehow the GPAC would let them in. Wouldn't make too much sense though.

Now, with the DAC losing 2 members, it could happen in the future, but I think they would want to fully fund their athletic programs first. They are giving out alot more money for scholarships now - I'm not sure how far they have to go yet though in order to get up there with the rest of the teams in the NSIC(I'm guessing). They weren't anywhere near what Mary was giving out - Mary will actually lose the amount of scholarships they can give out by moving to D2 though.

RabbitinVerm, Which former AD do you talk to...Giolio?

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
                            Maverick1 - This is basically between you and me since people don't come onto our thread.  Did you see where the jacks might be forming a league with the likes of longwood, jersey inst of tech,  among others.  They will be traveling from Texas to New York, to Utah to Indiana and other places.  That will rank almost with the Hawaii Rainbows in miles traveled.  Some brutal travel.  
                            What is your opinion Mav?  I think it tends to help scheduling but those players better be good at studying on a bus bc they will be spending a lot of their college exp. on one.
                            But to the jacks credit they are now up to 42 fb rides on the way to 63.

Good question Big Jake. I think for SDSU to find a conference it will be a bunch of misfits thrown together much like their football conference. The Big Sky keeps telling them no and The Valley doesn't seem to want to expand so I think its going to be a weird conference if they are going to get into one. As far as the travel, I think Greyhound has their $99 anywhere you go special still going on. Maybe they can take advantage of that.

Go Mavs! ;D

Mavs#1

Comment

The "New" NCC

Not Championship Caliber

You guys forget the NCC wanted SDSU.

SDSU wanted something bigger and better!

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo
                                I posted this on the Argus too.

This last winter, they were thinking about it, but the committee chose to stay in NAIA for now, but look for another conference if at all possible, which pretty much isn't, unless somehow the GPAC would let them in. Wouldn't make too much sense though.

Now, with the DAC losing 2 members, it could happen in the future, but I think they would want to fully fund their athletic programs first. They are giving out alot more money for scholarships now - I'm not sure how far they have to go yet though in order to get up there with the rest of the teams in the NSIC(I'm guessing). They weren't anywhere near what Mary was giving out - Mary will actually lose the amount of scholarships they can give out by moving to D2 though.

RabbitinVerm, Which former AD do you talk to...Giolio?
                                Thanks for the info. I could totally see Winona St. moving to the NCC and Dakota State taking their place in the NSIC if they were ready to go (had their scholarship funds in place). It would give Northern a nice in-state rival.

Comment

Working...
                                X