D-II, D-III, NAIA, and other lesser divisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D-II, D-III, NAIA, and other lesser divisions

Did 89 Rabbitt die? I thought he had a computer surgically attached to his waist with his finger above the delete button. If he doesn't hurry back I am taking myself off double secret probation or whatever I am on.
    I think he is at a Tony Robbins seminar improving his glass is half full attitiude. I am sure he will have all these Zig Ziglar quotes to pass on to jake and myself telling us we need to get rid of that "stinkin thinkin"
    Later, I got to go wait for that Tony Robbins infomercial so I can get signed up too.

Mavs #1

Comment

I'd guess he's on his way back to KC from Brookville after the Jacks' demolition of NDSU . . .
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Which team is going to show up against UMKC? The team that laid an egg against Wayne State or the team that demolished NDSU? I say somewhere in between. I say you lose a close battle at the end. I still say that 4,500 fans for the NDSU game is below -par for you guys. Be wary of Bellevue they do have a good team and a good coach. I think you will win but don't over look them.

Mavs #1

Comment

definitely the NDSU team will show up and I think our rookies are getting over their fears and will play their best game ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
            If he doesn't hurry back I am taking myself off double secret probation or whatever I am on.
            Don't worry, I am ALWAYS watching.

Go State! ;D

Comment

You probably have been on as a guest all weekend or have multiple user names as you accuse big jake of. Anyways good to have you back, I think. So are you going to watch the rabbitts and the roos tonite?

Comment

Mavs,

I was not on at all this weekend, and unlike Jake (it is not an accusation, he has admitted to having multiply user names) I only post as 89rabbit on this and any other board I go to.

Thanks for the welcome back, I think. Finally, yes I will be at Hale Arena tonight to watch the Jackrabbits battle the Roos.

Go State! ;D

Comment

I have a feeling Big Jake might post today.

Comment

Which team is going to show up against UMKC? The team that laid an egg against Wayne State or the team that demolished NDSU? I say somewhere in between. I say you lose a close battle at the end. I still say that 4,500 fans for the NDSU game is below -par for you guys. Be wary of Bellevue they do have a good team and a good coach. I think you will win but don't over look them.

Mavs #1
                    The answer: both teams showed up. Bad Jacks in the first half, Good Jacks in the second.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

IMO the rabbitts need to learn how to play for the full 40 minutes. How many times have they been way up or way down only to see a comeback either beat them at the end or come up short on the rabbitts end. Sign of a young team. Maybe next year it will be better.

Comment

IMO the rabbitts need to learn how to play for the full 40 minutes. How many times have they been way up or way down only to see a comeback either beat them at the end or come up short on the rabbitts end. Sign of a young team. Maybe next year it will be better.
                        Exactly right. And it would be nice if, once, we would defend the three point line.

Comment

Big Jake,

You have been waiting for this day for three months yet you are running no smack for your Roos?
                          I will do it for you Go Roos!! way to pound the rabbitts.

Comment

What a game. Great 1st half for the Roos and for whatever reason they let down in the 2nd half and almost let it go. Their anouncer in post game show was complimentary of the Jacks effort and don't quit attitude but did comment on how UMKC probably ran out of gas in the 2nd half from their long bus trip (I guess those things are relative) from western illinois over the weekend. Also, he said the roos were probably looking ahead to their game with iupui later in the week. So the jacks did catch umkc a little tired and looking ahead. sdsu was lucky to be sandwiched between 2 league opponents.
                            Positives for sdsu
                            1. They outdrew ndsu in kc
                            2. they didn't quit and they showed more heart than I thought they would. A lot of teams would have packed it in down by 25.
                            3. Berans is a really good player
                            Bottom line is you lost by 10 when I thought you would lose by about 15 and you could have lost by a lot more if the circumstances were different. Maybe help is on the way but it just didn't look like you have a lot of players who can help you down the road at the d1 level. Now maybe that will change but it will probably take time unless you go the juco route and we all know the cost of going that route.
                            Prediction - we will come to Brookings next year and smack you worse than we did this year.
                            By the way I heard absolutely no talk about sdsu eventually being in the mid cont conference but I am sure some people will post rumors about how you are as good as in after that gutty performance. Let the rumors begin!! Go Roos!!
                            Seems a shame I can't put this on the umkc thread that was made especially for me.

Comment

A diplomatic and pretty fair post by BigJake. (I have to admit, I miss the good old, wild west smack days before BigJake and Mavs#1 were banished to this thread.)

I do think there are some good players there in addition to Beran, just not enough of them. Remember there are a couple of quality freshman redshirting, and there's another recruiting class before UMKC comes to Brookings next year. We'll see. I think the Jacks are two or three years away from being pretty decent.

I know nothing about the Midcontinent Conference, so I can't respond to that. I would think we'd all be pretty circumspect about any conference rumors by now.

Comment

Just wondering if the womens NDSU vs. SDSU game will draw more people than the mens game?

Comment

Working...
                                X