Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D-II, D-III, NAIA, and other lesser divisions

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
    I say continue to give the majority of minutes to the young guys. Giving minutes to Hokenson and Giever based on what they have provided thus far is a waste. I realize they have contributed much in practice over the years, but it's time to start thinking about future years.
    I could be imagining things, but it does seem like Casey, at least, is getting more minutes.

Comment

Morningside ? ? ? ? I get back from out of town and see that you got thumped by a NAIA school at home. What losing to D2 schools wasn't good enough? Are you going to start a new losing streak to NAIA schools at home? I know some good high school teams down here in Omaha that might give you a good game. They might want a home and home to get put on your schedule. Did I mention thatt both our mens and womens teams beat USD at Vermillion last night, Bellevue is no pushover. What's bad is that if Bellevue does win, I don't know if you would call that an upset.

Mavs #1

P.S. Mayville State called and they want a rematch

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
          What losing to D2 schools wasn't good enough?
        NAIA D2 School, mind you.

Comment

Really, once you drop bellow D-I who cares. D-II, NAIA it is all the same. ;D

Go State! ;D

Comment

My predictions for this week: I think your women are due for a letdown game. I was considering pickin an upset, but I am picking SDSU in a nailbiter Amy Ruley is a hall of fame coach and I think her team will be ready. Home court will get you the win. I will guess the crowd will be close to the mens game. I can't believe I am saying this but I am starting to feel sorry for your mens team. I think they bounce back and beat Bellevue. All Pennsylvania Super Bowl even though that is opposite of what I want.

Mavs #1

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
              I can't believe I am saying this but I am starting to feel sorry for your mens team. I think they bounce back and beat Bellevue. All Pennsylvania Super Bowl even though that is opposite of what I want.

Mavs #1
              Good win by UNO over USD at Vermillion. I was rooting for them.

Comment

I think your women are due for a letdown game. I was considering pickin an upset, but I am picking SDSU in a nailbiter Amy Ruley is a hall of fame coach and I think her team will be ready

I should have gone with my gut feeling on this. Tough loss for your ladies.

Comment

Not much talk going on about the Bellevue game. Will more than 1,000 people show up? Lets get the rabbitts fired up. We have to keep that NAIA losing streak at home alive. If you do lose this game, let the suicide watch begin.

Mavs #1

Comment

If you are going to attempt suicide, I think we'd all enjoy watching. :P

Comment

Not much talk going on about the Bellevue game. Will more than 1,000 people show up? Lets get the rabbitts fired up. We have to keep that NAIA losing streak at home alive. If you do lose this game, let the suicide watch begin.

Mavs #1

LOL. Thats a good one mav fan! I mean, if I was trying to lay down some smack on another teams message board I would have never thought about making fun of their struggling basketball team. I mean, the way you were making fun of our upcoming game, and still found a way to incorporate last weeks loss into the line! Pure genius. Its soooo amazing how you can come up with insult after insult after insult.... even though they all pretty much say the same thing, but never mind that, the genius of the original idea of making fun of the basketball team for losing is enough to keep any insult alive for the rest of the year!

You're an idiot. You make fun of JBNBQ for posting basically the same things about pictures over and over, and then turn around and post the same message in the form

XXXX team lost last week. HAHAHA. XXXXX teams coach must really be regreting the D-I move now. (You'll now talk about how the D-I move was a mistake and any attempt at saying otherwise is an excuse for losing). XXXXX teams coach is going to (some purposely riduculous thing like quit, kill themselves, have an ulcer etc. etc.)

Your an idiot. Come up with something better or don't bother.

Comment

Why would I want to committ suicide when my mens basketball team is doing awesome. We are not losing to NAIA schools at home and getting beat by D2 schools by 26 points. After your loss to Bellevue you might want to make sure that your shower rod is sturdy enough to hold you.

Mavs #1

Comment

Rabbitt 85,

Geez, I don't remember any creative smack that you have run. I am sorry that the truth hurts. If you are so smart, come up with some good smack that I would be entertained by. You seem to be an expert on smack. Certain people have written that they enjoy my smack and find it funny. I don't recall anyone commenting on how insightful and funny your posts are. Maybe you can join JBNJBQ in finding some stupid pictures. I have a feeling that is all the better you could do.

Mavs#1

Comment

I can't believe I am saying this but I am starting to feel sorry for your mens team. I think they bounce back and beat Bellevue. Will more than 1,000 people show up?

Nice win over Bellevue. Must have either been bad shooting or good defense. I had a feeling you would win and bounce back. I think your attendence should be a concern.

Comment

South Dakota schools land western Iowa football recruits

The state of South Dakota will be getting the services of two of western Iowa's top high school football players.

Harlan Community senior Kevin Kruse has given a verbal commitment to the South Dakota football program, while Council Bluffs Abraham Lincoln senior Chris Johnson has pledged his loyalty to South Dakota State.

Kruse, a 6-foot-2, 200-pounder, narrowed his decision to NCAA Division II schools USD and Northwest Missouri State before selecting the Coyotes. His father, Clifford, said Kruse visited the Vermillion campus last weekend, where he was offered a partial scholarship.

Kevin Kruse called the USD coaching staff Monday night to tell them he was accepting the offer.

"After he made that phone call, you could tell it was just like lifting something off his chest," Clifford Kruse said.

Kevin Kruse was hoping to visit Northwest Missouri State, but hadn't received an expected phone call from the Bearcats to set up the details, his father said, so he decided to act on USD's offer.

Kruse ran for 2,011 yards and 41 touchdowns last season, including a Class 3-A championship-game record 273 yards on 21 carries as the Cyclones blistered Decorah 42-7 for the 3-A title. The 3-A state player of the year also played defensive end for the Cyclones. Clifford Kruse said the USD coaches project his son as an outside linebacker in college.

Abraham Lincoln's Johnson also gained more headlines for his play at running back. The 6-2, 220-pounder ran for 692 yards in the first three weeks of last season, but a severe ankle injury hampered his production the rest of the way. He finished with 1,192 yards on 172 carries, and also played linebacker for the Lynx.

Lynx Coach Bob Forsyth said Johnson's combination of size, speed and character will make him an outstanding college player.

"He'll be a captain for them some day," he said. "He's going to flourish there."

Johnson, who scored a 27 on his ACT, was contacted by a variety of schools, from the Ivy League to Division III. He narrowed his choices to Division I-AA SDSU and Division II Augustana (S.D.), visiting both. He decided on the Brookings-based school late last week.

Forsyth said Johnson is also expected to become an outside linebacker.

"They did a great job recruiting him," Forsyth said.

Comment

Man this board is dead. I am off probation in two days and you all are putting me asleep.

Comment

Working...
                                X