BIG JAKE IDENTIFIED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BIG JAKE IDENTIFIED!

Finally a jackrabbitt fan that is a realist. It is refreshing that someone doesn't look at jackrabbitt athletics through rose colored glasses. There is always two sides to coin. UNO football program was close to extinction. I do think jackrabbit athletics will be fine in the future. But you are fooling yourself if you think that there won't be a few bumps in the road

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBunnie
      You can offer more scholarships at D1AA but the school still needs the ability to fund those scholarships.  I know for a fact we are not fully funding our football team at  the D1AA level, not even close.  NOT GOOD.
      Well of course not SuperBunnie, the Mighty Bison are not fully funding their football program this year. The plan at SDSU has always been to be fully funded by the time we are playoff eligible in '08 with fully endowed scholarships.

Alumguy wrote:

"Sid Bostic gave an update on his fundraising efforts at the SDSU Donor Appreciation Banquet. The event was held, appropriately, in The Barn.

Anyway, Sid said there are now committments for $6.2 million dollars. He believes by the end of the year between $9-$10 will be pledged for the move to DI. . . .

In addition, Sid said there are approximately 20 "asks" on the table for gifts ranging from $500,000 to $2 million dollars.

It's important to share this information so that people know Sid and the athletic department folks are fulfilling their promise."

http://diaafootball.com/cgi-bin/yabb...num=1082798698

Sid's goal is $20 million (by '08-'09) to help endow those scholarships. He believes he will be almost half way there by the end of this year. That is a good effort. We are not going to get there over night, unless you have $10 million to pledge SuperBunnie (If so you can surpass Mildred Stoker White who gave $2.75 million eariler this year). If not you will need to be patient like the rest of us. We will get there.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
        Finally a jackrabbitt fan that is a realist. It is refreshing that someone doesn't look at jackrabbitt athletics through rose colored glasses. There is always two sides to coin. UNO football program was close to extinction. I do think jackrabbit athletics will be fine in the future. But you are fooling yourself if you think that there won't be a few bumps in the road
        Once again you show yourself to be an IDIOT! If you had bothered to read previous posts on this board you would know that most people feel that patience will be needed in the transition years for most sports. Use the search button above to research things before you put your foot in your mouth. Thanks.

By the way, there are three sides to every coin. Count them! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
          JBNJBQ, so you found a website that has some funny pictures on it. Am I supposed to be impressed?
          Well I am not. Come with some real smack not some pictures that some hillbilly threw on a website.

Maverick

Looks like you've changed your mind about pictures. Looks like I have another convert! Grasshopper! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Working...
          X