X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BIG JAKE IDENTIFIED!

Originally posted by JBNJBQ

Hey BIG JAKE:

Every poster needs a picture for quick identification on this board. Why don't you use the one I furnished a while back?  It's so nice to put a face with the name. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ
    Hey I finally located a recent picture of Mavericks#1. You are free to use it on this board to identify yourself Mavericks. As I stated before it is nice to put a face with the name.

http://www.weaselcircus.com/funnypics/284.shtml

Nice glasses Mavericks! Were you trying to whistle in this picture? The stuff that comes out of that boy's mouth! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

JBNJBQ,

How old are you? That is elementary school humor. OK you have proved that you know how to use Google to look for funny pictures. Show some creativity and come up with your own smack. A picture every once in awhile might be funny, but every time??? Hell even 89 Rabbitt for being a stat geek (by the way congrats on the kid) comes up with some creative smack once in awhile. Notice that I don't post very often. This is because I wait until I have something creative to add to the smack board. Not the same old tired stuff over and over again. Like when your backwards state elected a liberal chick to replace a drunk. That is something funny and unique to talk about. Your university adding an equestrian team. I beat that up for awhile. I come to this smack board to be entertained. Please make it worth my while. Your university has taken its athletic program to a new level. For gods sake, I beg of you ,take your smack level up along with it. When I see something that is funny, I will give credit where credit is due. Your smack level right now is NAIA at best.

Mavericks#1

Comment

In Defense of Equestrian

If we're talking about original thought, let's think long and hard about dogging State for adding a women's sport with the potential for more than 40 scholarships. Want a quick way to make sure you are in Title IX compliance while still maxing out football scholarships...sounds like equestrian is the way to go. Plus, State is an Ag school, and start up resources will likely meet less resistance. And, lets not forget that less than 50 D-I schools compete, so, State can ride with the top programs right away.

Comment

Equestrian is one of those sports that people (other than parents of players) just don't care about. You can have walls with banners looking like the boston garden but if they aren't of basketball or fb they really don't mean much to most fans.
          The big sport up there is men's basketball and I thinkthat scott nagy is a very good coach. But he never took a team to the elite 8 and he had far more resources than both ray harper (kentucky wesleyan) and dunlap at metro st who have been there numberous times. But right now mr nagy is probably thinking about the kind of people he is probably going to have to take to compete at a successful d1 level. I doubt seriously he will be getting boy scout types up there that can compete successfully in d1. Heck the Huskers have a heck of time competing at a decent D1 level recently and their athletic budget is 65 million (i think).
          But people who speak the truth will always be ridiculed by the "flat earth" types. But the truth is that the majority of people that go to games at sdsu are quite nervous about this move unlike all the propoganda that comes from the 12 fanatics that do 90 percent of all the posts on this site. It doesn't matter to people at UNO if we play in the NCC or the MIAA but it does matter if we live within the fiscal restraints of our budget. Watch out SD taxpayers - Dr Oleander and Mrs Miller will be coming after your money!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
            JBNJBQ,

.........I don't post very often. This is because I wait until I have something creative to add to the smack board. Not the same old tired stuff over and over again..........I come to this smack board to be entertained. Please make it worth my while. Your university has taken its athletic program to a new level...... Your smack level right now is NAIA at best.

Mavericks#1
            Mavericks:
            I thought the picture caught your best side! Sorry if you thought differently. I would suggest some mouth wash though if you're going to talk so much.

You are right you do not post very much 18 in all. I re-read them. There is absolutely nothing creative in any of them. They are not funny, they are not informative. Why do you bother?

This board is an SDSU board not a UNO board. It is for our entertainment, not yours! Please go away if you can't bring something to table.

You are right about one thing, SDSU has taken it's programs to a new level. The truth always wins out!

By the way there is no smack at the NAIA level or D-II level because it is very rare to have a talk board at those levels. I suppose that is why you are here.

Face it Mavericks#1 you are an almost useless man. There is only one job I can think of that you might qualify for:

http://www.download2me.com/pictures/useless%20men.htm

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
              Equestrian is one of those sports that people (other than parents of players) just don't care about.  You can have walls with banners looking like the boston garden but if they aren't of basketball or fb they really don't mean much to most fans.
              I suggested on an earlier post that you should drop womens basketball in favor of an equestrian team at UNO. You would improve your attendance. And more women would be involved.

Did they win a game last year?

No banners to hang? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

JBNJBQ,

Your wrong, we do have banners to hang. Remember that mens basketball team that beat your hallowed team twice and broke your home win streak. Thats what I will remember when I look at that banner that says conference champion. Oh yeah, how could I forget that 40 spot that Metro hung on you in regionals.
                And why do you people keep saying this is your board. Right at the top it reads D1AA Football Board. The website is D1AAfootball.com. By the way speaking of football, there is a article on D2football.com that talks about how close UNO was to dropping its football program in 1996. Over the last ten years UNO has beaten SDSU seven times and won conference championships. Please explain to me how your football team is going to be successful at D1AA when you can't beat at D2 team that almost dropped its progam????
                By the way this D2 program is upgrading its stadium while your future D1 stadium continues to be an eyesore. Please don't give me the Massey Ratings. If I see those one more time I will puke. Give me logical reasons why your football program will improve. I will use the last tens unproductive years at D2 as my first reason why you will get whipped at D1AA.

Comment

JBNJBQ,

Your wrong, we do have banners to hang. Remember that mens basketball team that beat your hallowed team twice and broke your home win streak.
                  Mavericks#1:

You have proven yourself to be an IDIOT! Not just once or twice but habitually on this board. Here is an example:

1. You keep bringing up equestrian, which is a women's sport, but when you are questioned about UNO's pathetic womens teams, you switch to the men.

Are you one of those cross dressing types?  Can't distinguish the difference? Don't know whether you want to talk about women or men?

2. D-I attracts better talent.  SDSU will have more scholarships to offer the better athletes.  I would be concerned if my school seriously considered dropping a sport like football.  They were/are trying to deal with title IX issues.  Small minded institutions sacrifice programs in favor of upgrading facilities.  Facilities do not attract fans, great teams do.

3. You believe you can tell the future? Mental wards are filled with people like you.  That is probably where you are writing from.  Been hiding your meds haven't you?

4. The Massey Ratings are statistical evaluations of teams without prejudice.  They say all our teams will do very well reguardless of which conference we wind up in. Where is UNO's womens basketball team rated? I went and looked it up for you........551.  There are 106 D-III and NAIA schools ranked ahead of UNO! No wonder the Massey Ratings make you want to puke!hahahahahahaha ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

By the way the best board to be on is d2football.com which I am on a lot. Lots of good info and opinion without all the hyperbole of this site.
                    It is a pipe dream that you get into the Big Sky - they turned you down once without even a vote. Now you are begging again. The mid continent still might be a possibility. You may get into that conference in the future - who knows. But most of that conference seems to be more urban so neither ndsu/sdsu really fit the profile. Really if I was the mid continent I would look at your schools and be impressed with a lot of things. But I would not take teams in a provisional status into my league. I would make you wait 5 or 10 teams to see how you are going to progress in d1 before I would consider you. 5 to 10 years as an independent. Very expensive process. Several of those schools that are independent in Texas seem to match their league profile better than you do.
                    I have relatives in Sioux Falls so I will come to brookings for a few games in the future but just can't see you lucking into a league right away. If I am wrong I will get on this board again and say so.
                    But I won't call anybody who disagrees with me an idiot anymore than I will call my son an idiot if he does something I don't agree with. Rather confrontational and silly.

Comment

JBNJBQ,

OK, you want to talk about womens sports. Look at the NCC all sport standings for the last two years. This year we finished second six points behind UND. Where was SDSU??? Way down the line. The year before we won the NCC all sports trophy. Again SDSU way toward the back of the pack. I ask you now whose womens teams have had more success over the last two years. Yes our womens basketball team sucks. I will be the first too admit that . We hired a new coach to help turn that around. If you look at the all time series in womens basketball your will see that we are ahead. Don't forget it was a nebraska kid that banked in a shot to help you win your national championship two years ago. Please quit avoiding my original question. Why will your football team be any better at D1AA than it was at D2 which it sucked at? I know that you will have more scholarships Captain Obvious. As far as better facilities go, if you think recruits don't look at them you are fooling yourself. If you don't get good recruits your product on the field will suck. Ask Nebraska about that. Look at the fargodome compared to your dump. Where would you rather play four years at? Again, I will close by asking, Why is your football team going to be successful at D1AA when it sucked at D2. Please don't use the Massey ratings. Give me a logical reasons or just admit that you suck which would be easier.

Comment

If we get our equivalent to Elmood Park, some of the fine folks  from Omaha and can come here and get their dates without fear of arrest and embarrassment that they will face if they stay in Omaha.

PS Big Jake and Maverick 1, do you guys hang out at Elmwood Park, a lot? I would think so since you love UNO so much. Is it possible to separate, great athletic events at Caniglia from those wonderful dates in the park?

Comment

Mav- I will tell you why SDSU will be successfull at the DIAA and it's because your fellow Nebraskans like:

Adrian Headen-Omaha Northwest
                          Greg Peitz-Crofton
                          Dan Jackson-Omaha Burke
                          Jason Cannot-Spencer
                          Luke Witte-Long Pine
                          Josh Davis-Omaha Burke
                          Andy Pick-Norfolk
                          Ruey Dei-Omaha Burke
                          Nick Flesner-Pierce
                          Issac Hoesing-Clearwater
                          Tim Neneman-Omaha North
                          Josh Schulte-Norfolk

will continue to flock to Brookings where they will have a chance to play a much better level competition than they would have experienced at UNO. Obviously these kids see something special developing at SDSU that goes far beyond the bricks and morter. I think as UNL continues to scale down their walkon program SDSU will play a prominent role for a number of Nebraska kids that are looking for a good school in a clean and safe enviroment. Couglin will be renovated in time. I have no jealousy for the Fargo Dome as Coughlin while without the fancy amenities has as good a pure football atmosphere as anywhere. Go worry about your pathetic program and we will take care of our own bright future which thankfully does not include schools like UNO.

Comment

Yes our womens basketball team sucks. I will be the first too admit that . We hired a new coach to help turn that around..........Don't forget it was a nebraska kid that banked in a shot to help you win your national championship two years ago.

Mavericks#1:

Your true colors really came out with a little gentile prodding! You are not a true fan at all! At least not of women's sports. You are one of those male chauvanist pigs I heard about.

A true fan would never say their team sucks! no matter what their record was in a given year. How do you think that makes the players on that team feel? A true fan loves their teams and coaches win or lose! Great fans at UNO!

No one at SDSU will ever forget Stacie Cizek! She will always be a hero at SDSU. She just "happened" to be from Omaha. She "chose" to attend and play for SDSU even though it was 3 hrs. from her home. She chose wisely! Two conference co-titles, three regional championships, one national D-II championship is a pretty good payoff.

No doubt SDSU will be getting "all" of the best players from Omaha in the future as well. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Jackguy,

You will have to battle Craig Bohl for those Nebraska kids. Has some good connections from husker days. Got two kids last year. They have tradition and facilities on their side and you have the closer drive on your side. Tim Nenenman (sp) kid out of Omaha North could be a steal. Sister was one of the best basketball players I have ever seen out of Omaha. She starred at Creighton and played like a guy. He was a tackling machine at North. Later

Mavericks#1

Comment

You can offer more scholarships at D1AA but the school still needs the ability to fund those scholarships. I know for a fact we are not fully funding our football team at the D1AA level, not even close. NOT GOOD.

Comment

Working...
                                X