BIG JAKE IDENTIFIED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BIG JAKE IDENTIFIED!

I really appreciate when someone brings up legit. points that it is greeted with ad hominem attacks. Really thought provoking. I have heard you say you are a doctor at the mayo clinic. I will take you for your word and just assume that the extreme heat of scotsdale,az. has gone to your head.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
      I really appreciate when someone brings up legit. points that it is greeted with ad hominem attacks. Really thought provoking.  I have heard you say you are a doctor at the mayo clinic.  I will take you for your word and just assume that the extreme heat of scotsdale,az. has gone to your head.
      This is the smack board, hardly the place for legit comments if you think thats what they are. At least my "attacks" are directed towards you and not someone who doesn't even post on the board. If you continue to direct negative comments towards SDSU, the admin, athletes, alumni or citizens of S.D. then your free game. Lets just keep the comments on the smack board. Bring you (il)legitimate comments to the other sections.

P.S. I'm at Mayo-Rochester, haven't been to Scottsdale for about 13 months.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Big Jake and his friend Mavericks #1 have both been spotted at a downtown Omaha nightclub this week end!

The Omaha version of ChipenDales has apparently included the two in their Summer Blockbuster Dance Review "Salute to Cholesterol".  The place was pretty much empty, just like UNO's basketball games.

Here is a peak at the pathetic duo:

http://www.funnyfreepics.com/funny-203.php

Face it guys, you don't have it, you never have had it, you will never get it!  Maybe you should try square dancing! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

I've learned one thing in my casual following of these SDSU boards: Don't disagree with jackmd.

Comment

Originally posted by luvthosejacks
            I've learned one thing in my casual following of these SDSU boards: Don't disagree with jackmd.
            I will defend my opinions and my stance until proven unequivacolly incorrect.  Sometimes this facet of my personality has drawn the ire of those whom I interact with.  I believe it has served me well.  I find that some people from S.D. (not all) tend to prefer a passive-aggresive approach which, quite frankly, I find cowardly.  

Not sure if your inferring a similar approach would be preferred in my posts here or that your just making an observation.  Based on some of your previous contributions its obvious that your not afraid to make your opinions known. I certainly don't mean to intimidate as this may jeopardize the opportunity for me to experience the opinions of other individuals and further my own knowledge and understanding of certain aspects of life.  However, if I disagree or find a statement offensive to myself or certain others I will call you on it.  

Finally, as it is with any opinion, each is entitled to his own and to gather as many as he or she wishes.  Don't misconstrue criticism or disagreement as an attempt to intimidate.  Happy posting, sorry about the soapbox.  
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

You're OK, Jackmd. You take yourself a little too seriously in some of your posts, but I'm comfortable knowing that what I think matters not to you or anyone else. I certainly don't interpret your sometimes scolding tone as intimidating or as an attempt to intimidate.

Appropriate of nothing regarding Jackmd, I'd like to say there are name-calling sorts here who post things to try to inspire anger. They use a lot of exclamation points. There are others, less clownish, who try to inspire debate. I think it's sporting to make the distinction. This Mr. Big Jake -- a fiercely intimidating presence, I might add -- is going for both. I've been to the Dubliner many times in his fair city and regard it as one of the finer drinking establishments on the plains. Its presence alone in Omaha lends some credence to his boisterous claims.

Comment

Looks like a little tension is developing on this board between jackmd and luvthosejacks. Probably similar to the tension in the sdsu athletic development office when all those doors are slamming in their faces as they solicit their big donations. Let's face it the avg family in sd probably makes about 38k a year and there isn't much left over for the Jacks. Any hope of raising enough money to be truly credible in d1 will have to come from somewhere else.
                The avg guy in SD probably believes sdsu will not do well in D1 as do most of the faculty there. But the dozen or so people who spend time on this board paint a picture that probably isn't representative of most people in the great state of SD. A very optimistic D1 outlook is portrayed on this site versus either general apathy at best or down right skepticism among most in your state. I will say this though you do have the "Faces" and the Badlands which are pretty neat.

Comment

My problem with you Big Jake is that you never back up anything you say with facts. I can't think of one post on our board or the NDSU board that has anything but your crazy rants on it. I usually choose to ignore you but in this case let me help you out.

http://diaafootball.com/cgi-bin/yabb...num=1082798698

Alum guy wrote:

Sid Bostic gave an update on his fundraising efforts at the SDSU Donor Appreciation Banquet. The event was held, appropriately, in The Barn.

Anyway, Sid said there are now committments for $6.2 million dollars. He believes by the end of the year between $9-$10 will be pledged for the move to DI. . . .

In addition, Sid said there are approximately 20 "asks" on the table for gifts ranging from $500,000 to $2 million dollars.

It's important to share this information so that people know Sid and the athletic department folks are fulfilling their promise.

I know $9 or $10 million may not seem like a lot of money to you foks there in the "Big City" of Omaha (typed with a ton of sarcasm), but it is a great start for our move to D-I. Big Jake, you will be happy to see that SDSU's Mens Basketball team will be playing the UMKC Kangaroos this coming season, being a big supporter of UMKC and all. Come on down we can have a beer before we watch the Jackrabbits take the Roos apart! ;D

Go State! 8)

Comment

I just may come to that UMKC game against SDSU although I doubt I will introduce myself to you or your other rabid fans. Afraid I might get the crap beat out of me in downtown on 12th and Baltimore after the game by some rabid Jack fan who is pissed about my astute observations after a bitter loss to the Roos. Probably a big crowd expected from SD to see the game then attend some of the many gentlemen's clubs in KC after the game.
                    . I hope you have a little more athleticism next year against UMKC than you had last year against UNO. You will probably need it.
                    If 10 million dollars is truly raised as opposed to predicted and put into an endowment it still will be hard pressed to generate more than 500k a year for cap improvements, scholarships, etc. That is assuming a 5 percent return on your money which isn't easy in this low interest rate environment. I highly doubt that your admin will put that money in the stock mkt bc of the risk short term and the fact you need some of that money now. An extra 500k yearly in the budget is nice but not near enough to make you anthing but a very low d1 program.
                    If that is what you want to play then great but I don't think it is worth the effort.
                    My point and UNO's point was they couldn't afford to do D1 and do it successfully. 10 million dollars is a lot of money but it still going to put you at the bottom of D1 where the other bottom feeders like UMKC live. My inlaws live in Sioux Falls and I go to KC for my job a lot so I will be able to follow the Jacks the next ten years or so. If I am wrong I will gladly admit but it is way too soon to know despite all the optimism from you 12 rabid fans on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
                      I just may come to that UMKC game against SDSU although I doubt I will introduce myself to you or your other rabid fans.  Afraid I might get the crap beat out of me in downtown on 12th and Baltimore after the game by some rabid Jack fan
                      bigjake,

We Jackrabbit fans have nothing but love and concern for you in our hearts.  No need to fear us.  

Comment

Originally posted by JBNJBQ
                        The notorious "BIG JAKE", alias (take your pick).  

http://download2me.com/pictures/fat%20ballet.htm

Hey BIG JAKE:

Every poster needs a picture for quick identification on this board. Why don't you use the one I furnished a while back? It's so nice to put a face with the name. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

I have to give Big Jake some credit. This guy has the stones to go on some other universities fanboard by himself and run smack at the risk of taking all of you by himself. He has stood toe to toe with you guys and never backed down. He has been knocked down a few times, but like a true champion gets back up and keeps swinging. I doubt any of you hillbillies have the nads to do the same. JBNJBQ would just put up his weak pictures that he has spent countless hours googling for and run away and hide.
                                          Big Jake, I've got your back. Don't let them get you down. Much like their AD Big Fred they enjoy taking cheap shots. Keep up the good work Big Jake!!!!

Mavericks#1

P.S.   I see that UNO is putting down its new field turf on its football field and USD is making upgrades to the dome. What are you doing to that glorified high school stadium of yours. Come on now, don't let some tiny D2 schools show you up. Get yourself up to D1 standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
                            I have to give Big Jake some credit. This guy has the stones to go on some other universities fanboard by himself and run smack at the risk of taking all of you by himself. He has stood toe to toe with you guys and never backed down. He has been knocked down a few times, but like a true champion gets back up and keeps swinging. I doubt any of you hillbillies have the nads to do the same. JBNJBQ would just put up his weak pictures that he has spent countless hours googling for and run away and hide.
                                            Big Jake, I've got your back. Don't let them get you down. Much like their AD Big Fred they enjoy taking cheap shots. Keep up the good work Big Jake!!!!

Mavericks#1

P.S.   I see that UNO is putting down its new field turf on its football field and USD is making upgrades to the dome. What are you doing to that glorified high school stadium of yours. Come on now, don't let some tiny D2 schools show you up. Get yourself up to D1 standards.
                            Well its nice that Maverick NO 1 has complimented himself since Big Jake and Maverrick No 1. are one of the same. Nothing like patting yourself on the back.
                            As far as our high school staduim, we plan to give those who love to solicit dates a place to congregate. We are adding an Elmood Park on the East side of the staduim.  Then we will be keeping up with the Jones, namely UNO.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
                              I have to give Big Jake some credit. This guy has the stones to go on some other universities fanboard by himself and run smack at the risk of taking all of you by himself. He has stood toe to toe with you guys and never backed down. He has been knocked down a few times, but like a true champion gets back up and keeps swinging.........
                              .........Big Jake, I've got your back. Don't let them get you down................ Keep up the good work Big Jake!!!!
                              1. There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity. The only thing that separates the two is whether you pull it off or not. Big Jake has never pulled off anything on this board. He is neither informative nor funny. All he talks about UNO (which I believe is a card game) and Omaha which no one cares about.

2. He can not stand toe to toe with anyone because his huge stomach gets in the way(he must not be married).You have seen his pictures.

3. If he ever did get knocked down he would still be rolling.

4. If you've got his back side that is a huge statement. Kind of like saying I've got the GRAND CANYON!

5. We have just been toying with the poor slob, until some real smack talkers return.

6. He has to go to someones elses smack board because I don't believe many D-II or NAIA schools have boards, do they?

Face it, Mavericks, you two losers will still be looking for a place to go vent your frustrations (at being left behind) for years to come. SDSU and NDSU are moving forward! Get over it!

Have a nice unchallenging life!

Comment

Jake-Look's like you just lost another Quarterback as Chris Kuehl is transferring to Iowa as a walk-on. Pretty pathetic when a player would rather forfeit a scholarship and walk-on than stay at UNO. Brandon Pratt another quarterback left in 2002-2003.

Comment

Working...
                                X