Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This might increase our chances of going D1

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
    what restraunt did you eat at in the old market that you hated??
    India Oven was OK, although not in my top 10 Indian restaurants. Ahmad's (Persian) was awful. Hint: The secret ingredient is salt. Two people, $67, terrible food, bad service. It was the whole package. Odd since everybody we met raved about Ahmad's. Otherwise, the Old Market is pretty nice. There are some very nice bars there and interesting shops.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN
      The truth of the matter is that UNO campus is the old Omaha U campus and its clustered into a very nice residential area and they have been running out of space for a long time. AKSARBEN was a big horse racing track and also Peney Park and Elmwood Park with tons of space.  What happen here is that UNO gets some more breathing room as a campus moves into the adbandoned race track area and the City of Omaha loses picnic area.
      The UNO campus is located in a really nice neighborhood.

Comment

the Spagetti Factory is always a sure bet.

Comment

OK-Jackrabbit, Let's be clear - UNO is already using the threat of eminent domain with the homeowners and businesses in their way even if the regents haven't officially authorized it. In the paper it said the regents haven't authorized eminent domain - at least for now. So there is a lot of wiggle room for them to abuse their power. They go into businesses and offer them a price that usually isn't what they would have received under normal circumstances and then threaten the owner with take this or we will use eminent domain and you will get even less. Wonderful choices. I don't mind the univ. going in and offering fair value to owners for their property but it isn't happening here. It is one thing to use eminent domain for some essential public service but to use it for athletic fields seems unfair to the land owners in the area. So what if the softball team has to play by the interstate and so what if the hockey team has to rent a rink to practice in. It strikes me as unseemly to throw someone out of their house to support athletics. NOw if the univ wants to give them fair value for their property then I am all for new fields. That is NOT happening here.

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit
            Ahmad's (Persian) was awful. Hint: The secret ingredient is salt. Two people, $67, terrible food, bad service. It was the whole package. Odd since everybody we met raved about Ahmad's.

You should have ordered the "GOAT BURGER"

Mavs#dII gets a royalty everytime one is sold in Omaha.
            His picture was used for the advertisment. I'm surprised he let them use his real name.

What kind of last name is "ociation?"

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
              OK-Jackrabbit,  Let's be clear -  UNO is already using the threat of eminent domain with the homeowners and businesses in their way even if the regents haven't officially authorized it.  In the paper it said the regents haven't authorized eminent domain - at least for now.  So there is a lot of wiggle room for them to abuse their power.  They go into businesses and offer them a price that usually isn't what they would have received under normal circumstances and then threaten the owner with take this or we will use eminent domain and you will get even less.  Wonderful choices. I don't mind the univ. going in and offering fair value to owners for their property but it isn't happening here.  It is one thing to use eminent domain for some essential public service but to use it for athletic fields seems unfair to the land owners in the area.  So what if the softball team has to play by the interstate and so what if the hockey team has to rent a rink to practice in.  It strikes me as unseemly to throw someone out of their house to support athletics.  NOw if the univ wants to give them fair value for their property then I am all for new fields. That is NOT happening here.
              I agree with you completely, BigJake. Good analysis. Eminent domain can be abused, even if it is only used to pressure landowners to sell now for a lower price as you suggest is happening there.

Comment

I define mediocrity as not winning a conference championship since 1963. Montana 7 SDSU 0.  A loss is a loss no matter who you play. I have never in my life saw people who revel in moral victories than you people. As a life long Husker fan I will never consider SDSU a peer of any kind. They will always be that freshman who is picking up jock straps off the locker room floor. The last good table clearing that I saw was that of an NAIA school clearing your D1 Rabbitts right off the table in Frost Arena.
                       Jack MD, maybe you can use that Doctorate degree to explain why SDSU has only won more than eight football games a few times since 1963 and never had a ten win season since then.   41 years and counting!!!!
                I guess when you haven't had a reason to celebrate for 41 years that  a 7 point loss is reason to get excited.    
                This better defines what I meant by DII mediocre.

All sports honor roll for our former conference the NCC:

SDSU 15 titles UNO 1 (and that was womens which the Omaha boys don't even recognize as relevant).

Womens All-Sports Honor Roll: 1982-83 South Dakota State, 1983-84 Minnesota State, Mankato, 1984-85 Minnesota State, Mankato, 1985-86 Minnesota State, Mankato, 1986-87 Minnesota State, Mankato, 1987-88 North Dakota State, 1988-89 Minnesota State, Mankato, 1989-90 North Dakota State, 1990-91 MSU, Mankato/North Dakota St., 1991-92 St. Cloud State, 1992-93 North Dakota, 1993-94 South Dakota State, 1994-95 South Dakota State, 1995-96 Minnesota State, Mankato, 1996-97 St. Cloud State/South Dakota State, 1997-98 Northern Colorado, 1998-99 North Dakota State, 1999-00 North Dakota State, 2000-01 North Dakota, 2001-02 North Dakota, 2002-03 Nebraska-Omaha, 2003-04 North Dakota.

Mens All-Sports Honor Roll: 1970-71 North Dakota St., 1971-72 Northern Iowa, 1972-73 Northern Iowa, 1973-74 Northern Iowa, 1974-75 Northern Iowa, 1975-76 Minnesota St., Mankato/South Dakota St., 1976-77 Northern Iowa, 1977-78 Northern Iowa, 1978-79 South Dakota St., 1979-80 South Dakota St., 1980-81 South Dakota St., 1981-82 North Dakota St., 1982-83 North Dakota St., 1983-84 North Dakota St., 1984-85 North Dakota St., 1985-86 Minnesota St., Mankato, 1986-87 Minnesota St., Mankato, 1987-88 Minnesota St., Mankato, 1988-89 North Dakota St., 1989-90 North Dakota St., 1990-91 North Dakota, 1991-92 South Dakota St., 1992-93 Minnesota St., Mankato, 1993-94 Minnesota St., Mankato, 1994-95 Minnesota St., Mankato, 1995-96 South Dakota St., 1996-97 South Dakota St., 1997-98 St. Cloud St., 1998-99 Minnesota State, Mankato, 1999-2000 South Dakota State, 2000-01 South Dakota State, 2001-02 South Dakota St., 2002-03 South Dakota State, 2003-04 North Dakota State.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

This better defines what I meant by DII mediocre.

All sports honor roll for our former conference the NCC:

SDSU 15 titles UNO 1 (and that was womens which the Omaha boys don't even recognize as relevant).

Womens All-Sports Honor Roll: 1982-83 South Dakota State, 1983-84 Minnesota State, Mankato, 1984-85 Minnesota State, Mankato, 1985-86 Minnesota State, Mankato, 1986-87 Minnesota State, Mankato, 1987-88 North Dakota State, 1988-89 Minnesota State, Mankato, 1989-90 North Dakota State, 1990-91 MSU, Mankato/North Dakota St., 1991-92 St. Cloud State, 1992-93 North Dakota, 1993-94 South Dakota State, 1994-95 South Dakota State, 1995-96 Minnesota State, Mankato, 1996-97 St. Cloud State/South Dakota State, 1997-98 Northern Colorado, 1998-99 North Dakota State, 1999-00 North Dakota State, 2000-01 North Dakota, 2001-02 North Dakota, 2002-03 Nebraska-Omaha, 2003-04 North Dakota.  

Mens All-Sports Honor Roll: 1970-71 North Dakota St., 1971-72 Northern Iowa, 1972-73 Northern Iowa, 1973-74 Northern Iowa, 1974-75 Northern Iowa, 1975-76 Minnesota St., Mankato/South Dakota St., 1976-77 Northern Iowa, 1977-78 Northern Iowa, 1978-79 South Dakota St., 1979-80 South Dakota St., 1980-81 South Dakota St., 1981-82 North Dakota St., 1982-83 North Dakota St., 1983-84 North Dakota St., 1984-85 North Dakota St., 1985-86 Minnesota St., Mankato, 1986-87 Minnesota St., Mankato, 1987-88 Minnesota St., Mankato, 1988-89 North Dakota St., 1989-90 North Dakota St., 1990-91 North Dakota, 1991-92 South Dakota St., 1992-93 Minnesota St., Mankato, 1993-94 Minnesota St., Mankato, 1994-95 Minnesota St., Mankato, 1995-96 South Dakota St., 1996-97 South Dakota St., 1997-98 St. Cloud St., 1998-99 Minnesota State, Mankato, 1999-2000 South Dakota State, 2000-01 South Dakota State, 2001-02 South Dakota St., 2002-03 South Dakota State, 2003-04 North Dakota State.  

Very easily explained in the fact that UNO men have never had a team in golf, cross country, ping pong and horseshoes. These equestrian like sports help you win these titles. With these sports we would have won titles especially over the last few years that you were in the conference. UNO women have gotten these sports over the last five years and we have won a couple all sports titles since then. In closing. I am still waiting for an explaination for your football teams lack of a title since 1963 b.c. I am very interested to hear your excuses for that one.

Mavs#1

Comment

Again, no facts to support yourself, just trying to chip away at a Legacy.

Comment

Very easily explained in the fact that UNO men have never had a team in golf, cross country, ping pong and horseshoes. These equestrian like sports help you win these titles. With these sports we would have won titles especially over the last few years that you were in the  conference. UNO women have gotten these sports over the last five years and we have won a couple all sports titles since then. In closing. I am still waiting for an explaination for your football teams lack of a title since 1963 b.c. I am very interested to hear your excuses for that one.

Mavs#1
                      How can we now win a NCC football championship if we left the conference for D1AA? ;D ;D ;D

The records are there and speak for themselves. It does not bother me a great deal about not winning the NCC especially if you get left out of the playoff selection like UNO did last year. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

I wonder what would happen if UNO played Montana?

probally according to MavsDII they would probally do better than a 7-0 loss.

Comment

Originally posted by mmiller_34
                          I wonder what would happen if UNO played Montana?

probally according to MavsDII they would probally do better than a 7-0 loss.
                          Actually, could you be sure that the Cornhuskers this year, let alone the Mavericks, would score on Montana?
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert

Actually, could you be sure that the Cornhuskers this year, let alone the Mavericks, would score on Montana?
                            I like the Cornhuskers, but you can't be sure that they will score on anybody this year. At least their offense, their defense might be able to get a score.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert

Amen to that Filbert,

But according to Callahan everything is OK. Iowa State could be favored against Nebraska at home. Never thought I would see that.

Comment

What's that stench coming from down south on I-29. Oh thats right, its the uno football team. What a way to defend that NCC championship! Maybe we'll hear that anouncement by uno after the game of the move up to D-I. It appears their alresdy at a different level of competition compared to usd. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X