Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This might increase our chances of going D1

Originally posted by SiouxFallsJack
    What's that stench coming from down south on I-29. Oh thats right, its the uno football team. What a way to defend that NCC championship! Maybe we'll hear that anouncement by uno after the game of the move up to D-I. It appears their alresdy at a different level of competition compared to usd. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    Did they play today? I've been watching the ESPN ticker and haven't seen the score.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Flipping through the channels, I happened to Notice USD pounding UNO. Man, they must really be bad this year. USD has a decent offense, too bad they still haven't played a decent team yet.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
        This does not increase the chances that anyone will give a rip about UNO.
        Not meaning to burst your bubble or anything Milwaukee, but i'm not so sure that the length to which anyone gives a rip about the jacks goes beyond its alumni. Lets look at the football team. They have never been anything better than average. Now that they are DI, they are worse than better than average. Sure i know that you are going to try and brag about the fluke of last year, but I am willing to bet that SDSU will not beat a school that has scholarships to be givin out. Just face the music... SDSU is far from seeing nightly time on ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by bisonman

Not meaning to burst your bubble or anything Milwaukee, but i'm not so sure that the length to which anyone gives a rip about the jacks goes beyond its alumni.  Lets look at the football team.  They have never been anything better than average.  Now that they are DI, they are worse than better than average.  Sure i know that you are going to try and brag about the fluke of last year, but I am willing to bet that SDSU will not beat a school that has scholarships to be givin out.  Just face the music...  SDSU is far from seeing nightly time on ESPN.
          bisonman sounds like BIG Jake or Mav no 1 with a new handle. Same comments going the same direction, but only a different handle.

Comment

DI SDSU vs DII UNO

I know that is not a "real" Jackrabbit (but it's related)

I know that is not a "real" maverick (but it's related)

If the NCC teams were not afraid to play us, we would have a picture of the "real" mascots with the same result.  

Do you suppose that is why they won't play us in the big three sports?

It could mean a big payday for those lesser schools.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN

bisonman sounds like BIG Jake or Mav no 1 with a new handle.  Same comments going the same direction, but only a different handle.

Why can't more than two people think the same way. There is 50 people on this board that think your football team is good and yet they have no history to back it up.

Comment

*From the Moderator

Why can't UNO posters just have one user name? You both have been busted for having more them one and pretending to be that which you are not.

As Tony pointed out on the Bison board:

Originally posted by Forum Admin aka Tony
                Uh, we've had guys claim to be Bison fans before and then post stuff just to make trouble. It's happened enough that I'm always skeptical of new people . . . who jump on the board and start posting smack.

Have you forgotten BigJake, Hager780, MamaBison, and all the other posers we've had on the board who weren't what they said they were?

Comment

89 Rabbit, I did not post the above. I post under my one name. Really I am not sure why people on this site care so much about what your detractors think about sdsu. I know I would not care what detractors said about my team unless it was slander. But to each their own.

Comment

Losers = DII mediocrity = UNO
                    Now, that was funny!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN

bisonman sounds like BIG Jake or Mav no 1 with a new handle.  Same comments going the same direction, but only a different handle.
                      Now if this were indeed one of the guys that you think i am would they know that SDSU has, in the past, had such a hard time recruiting players. that they have been known to start a 220lb linebacker? Didn't think so, and i am guessing that you didnt know that either. I have been following NCC football for many years and played it myself against some of the characteristics of SDSU's team that i just mentioned. So, as far as you claiming that i am one of those guys that you mentioned, I believe that was just a cop out because you know that everything I wrote was right and you had nothing to say about it.

Comment

You may or may not be one of the Omaha boys, but one thing is for sure . . . .

bisonman =

http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm#WIAT

What is a Troll?  

An Internet "troll" is a person who delights in sowing discord on the Internet. He (and it is usually he) tries to start arguments and upset people.  .  .  .(read more)

Comment

Now if this were indeed one of the guys that you think i am would they know that SDSU has, in the past, had such a hard time recruiting players. that they have been known to start a 220lb linebacker?   Didn't think so, and i am guessing that you didnt know that either.   I have been following NCC football for many years and played it myself against some of the characteristics of SDSU's team that i just mentioned.  So, as far as you claiming that i am one of those guys that you mentioned, I believe that was just a cop out because you know that everything I wrote was right and you had nothing to say about it.  
                          bisonman,
                          Have you looked at the Bison roster? I see one linebacker on the Bison roster larger than 220lbs, and I doubt there is much difference between 220lbs and 229lbs. Are you implying a 220lb linebacker is too big? I would think one who has followed NCC football for many years and a former player would have a clue about what they are talking about. :

I have also provided the link to the NDSU roster to make it easier for you: http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.d...mp;SPSID=11845

Comment

Not meaning to burst your bubble or anything Milwaukee, but i'm not so sure that the length to which anyone gives a rip about the jacks goes beyond its alumni.  Lets look at the football team.  They have never been anything better than average.  Now that they are DI, they are worse than better than average.  Sure i know that you are going to try and brag about the fluke of last year, but I am willing to bet that SDSU will not beat a school that has scholarships to be givin out.  Just face the music...  SDSU is far from seeing nightly time on ESPN.
                            Don't even know where to begin when it comes to educating someone who is this ignorant and likely has the brain power of your average (or below average) 4 year old. Please don't post anything else without thinking first and if you were thinking when you posted this don't post anymore.

Granted, SDSU FB was less of a focus at the DII level than some other sports. Suggesting that the move to DI did anything but increase the emphasis on FB is moronic. Get my drift here bisonman?
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I think this score:

Nebraska-Omaha 71
                              Oklahoma Panhandle State 0

puts our UNO friends in the "we should shut up about scheduling for a while" category. The played a bunch of guys from Oklahoma who beg for money. Seriously, what division is OPS? Wait...just checked, they are actually a DII school. Good for UNO beating up on their own kind.
                              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Ya but the bad news is that Augie played USD closer then UNO did.

USD 59 - UN0 14

USD 48 - Augie 17

Go State! ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X