Close, but no cigar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Close, but no cigar.

BJ whats that about the Roos? There super, super what? Losers, just like you and Mav?

GO JACKS!

Comment

I am utterly devastated that my beloved Roos lost tonite. Too bad only 1546 people enjoyed your victory. Let's see - you probably have at least 1000 season ticket holders I would think and 4 or 5 thousand students within a mile of campus and you can't get more than 1546 for a big time D1 game? What is up with that ??

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
        And even former jack brian norberg said it was unchartered territory you were entering.
        How could you possibly take what Norberg said as a negative against our move to DI?  What he said is fact.  We are in unchartered territory.  If you had a clue, you'd know that venturing into unchartered territory is generally viewed as positive, an act of courage.  For example, I thought this was interesting.  Sounds like a perfect description of uno, or maybe usd:  

"In order to learn and grow, we must be able to take risks and explore unchartered territory (i.e. SDSU). We must be able to try new things, and to persevere when things are difficult. Often, our fear is what stops us from growing and learning and becoming the best people we can be. Fear can immobilize us, and stop us from moving forward or reaching our goals. We all have fear. It is a natural protection against danger and can be a very powerful survival tool. Unfortunately, this survival tool can work against us if it surfaces and we allow it to rule us, or make our decisions for us. It is human nature to fear difference and the unknown, as well as things we don't have control over or might not know how to do well. When we don't face our fears, we can stay stuck in ignorance (i.e. bigjake/mavDII)."
        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

150 people at the York vs UNO game.  I know you are a D-II school but come on we are talking about NCAA Men's Basketball.  Class B Girls High School Basketball games draws more then that up here in South Dakota.  Isn't your school located in Nebraska largest city?  :-[

Go State!  ;D

Comment

This isn't meant to be smack because I'm truly interested. Do any students go to the UNO basketball games? 150 people? We had more people than that at my high school basketball games. What are the students doing?
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Hey what are you talking about that is 150 more than when I went there. Most go to Creighton games where they had 16,000 on Sunday and now we have three hockey teams Omaha Knights (pro) UNO (college) and Omaha Lancers (juniors). Football reigns king in this state. The fact that Mckenna left and we are playing York doesn't help. Still inexcusable to have so few fans. Ncc games will do better.

Comment

I am utterly devastated that my beloved Roos lost tonite.  Too bad only 1546 people enjoyed your victory.  Let's see - you probably have at least 1000 season ticket holders I would think and 4 or 5 thousand students within a mile of campus and you can't get more than 1546 for a big time D1 game? What is up with that ??
                The game should not have been as close as it was as Jacks were horrendus at the line again. Small crowd but very vocal and made it tough on the Roos. Crowds will improve as the Jacks do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
                  Hey what are you talking about that is 150 more than when I went there. Most go to Creighton games where they had 16,000 on Sunday and now we have three hockey teams Omaha Knights (pro) UNO (college) and Omaha Lancers (juniors). Football reigns king in this state. The fact that Mckenna left and we are playing York doesn't help. Still inexcusable to have so few fans. Ncc games will do better.
                  The UNO students go to the Creighton games? That would be like the UWMilwaukee students going to the Marquette games here in Milwaukee.
                  "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

If only 150 people are going to show up for D-2 basketball games, I'm glad we are not D-2 anymore.

If you can only schedule York, Peru St. and Oklahoma Panhandle St. for your home games, no wonder you can only get 150 people to show up.  I am happy SDSU is not in that position.  

Mav-D2 also stated that nobody goes to the UNO games because they go to the Creighton games instead.  Duh!!  UNO is a D-2 school and Creighton is a D-1 school.  Who do you think is going to draw more people?  That is why we left D2.  Thanks for confirming that SDSU made the right decision in leaving D2 for D-1.

MavD2 your a genius, must be that great NAIA education you received. :-*

Go State  ;D ;D ;D
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack
                       UNO is a D-2 school and Creighton is a D-1 school.  Who do you think is going to draw more people?  That is why we left D2.  Thanks for confirming that SDSU made the right decision in leaving D2 for D-1.

Nor Cal,

If that is the case Einstein, why aren't your fans showing up to watch D1. If past attendence is any indication your fans enjoyed watching D2 football and D2 basketball much better than D1. If you can't support it , then why have it. Nebraska has shown as a state that it can support D1 athletics. South Dakota has not.
                      By the way California might be the only state that could screw up an execution. It took them 12 minutes to find a vein to shoot the serum in and the inmate finally had to show them which one to use. Way to go you tree hugging liberals.

Mavs#1

Comment

Mav you are so forgetful...we have out drawn our previous years of DII football the last two years.

The first year we did it with only four home games. This year we still did it even though attendance dropped off dramatically after homecoming.

I think this is expected considering we had eight home games this year.

As far as BB goes WE will be just fine. You can not find anything new can you? If it happens to us it is just down right bad but if it happens to you there is no problem right?

As far as your hockey goes...the only real team in that city is possibly your on UNO DIV. I team.

The junior program cant not compete on a steady level and your minor league team is dictated by outside sources.

How can you use them as excuses for low attendance? How many people live in the Omaha area? Yet, you draw 150 people.

We have finals going on, high school BB and high school hockey nite going on and we still draw over a thousand with a town of 20,000 people.

Like I said before...our support will get stronger, yours, well, lets just say they never have been they never will be. :P

GO JACKS!

Comment

Excellent post Rabbitden, truely excellent!!

MavD2 claims that South Dakota can not support a D-1 university and yet every other state in the union can. Nice logic again MavD2. I love it when you keep making my points for me, truely genius.

You can also tell when MavD2 is losing an argument, he tries to change the subject. Your too smart for me MavD2, I almost fell for that trick.

The people of Omaha have spoken and they like D-1 sports better than D2. As evidenced by the attendence of Creighton Basketball and UNO hockey. Nobody in Omaha really cares about D2 sports, if they did, then more than 150 people would show up for your Basketball games.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

We can do both at the same time!!  Interesting how Coach Marking is not a huge proponent of your move - he was only your coach for 9 years so he must know a little something about the Univ.  But he is a supporter.  And even former jack brian norberg said it was unchartered territory you were entering.  That is a little refreshing considering how much all these people "yuck it up" on this site and constantly say how great things are going, etc.  Maybe they are going great and maybe they aren't (probably aren't) but at least it was nice to know that not everyone are "pie in the sky" optimists that hang around this site.
                            Jim Marking was very vocal before the decision was made to move to D1. Not much as changed in Jim's mind and he is not a young guy anymore so natually its tough to be futuristic in your point of view. No matter what he may think most of the athletes he coached still love and respect him no matter what he may think. Jim is such a small minority now and I frankly believe Chris gave him to much space or if was an Argus editors idea to give him space in the article, then so be it.

Brian Norberg like most former athletes no doubt see it as uncharted water. Its true, we dont know or have a guarentee that the D1 would be sucessful. So far we are doing alright and every alum whether student athlete or non student athlete are entitled to their opinion. These opinions just happen to fit the warped preception of BJ and Mav1. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack
                              Excellent post Rabbitden, truely excellent!!

MavD2 claims that South Dakota can not support a D-1 university and yet every other state in the union can.  Nice logic again MavD2.  I love it when you keep making my points for me, truely genius.

You can also tell when MavD2 is losing an argument, he tries to change the subject.  Your too smart for me MavD2, I almost fell for that trick.  

The people of Omaha have spoken and they like D-1 sports better than D2.  As evidenced by the attendence of Creighton Basketball and UNO hockey.  Nobody in Omaha really cares about D2 sports, if they did, then more than 150 people would show up for your Basketball games.
                              NoCalJack:
                              You are probably a more recent grad than I am, but one thing I noticed Monday night on the way to the game. I noticed that the Briggs library parking lot was jam packed with cars, no parking anywhere and lots of lights on at Briggs library. Then it dawned on me, finals this week and sure enough fewer yellow shirts in the student section than prior games, and fewer students for that matter. Somehow getting that bump in a GPA was more important than seeing a athletic event. If Kentucky was our opponent, I doubt it might have been different, but we were playing the Kanaroos.

Comment

Working...
                              X