Close, but no cigar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Close, but no cigar.

By the way, I'm wondering how the Huskers are feeling about there future considering the team they played last night is mostly Frosh & Sophs.

One more note Mav or BJ, I spoke with one of my Husker alum buds this morning about last nights game.

He said that the group of them at the game last night were far more impressed with SDSU than they were the Mavs.  In fact he said his whole group thought that if the Jacks had a little more maturity they would of beat the Huskers by 9 or 10 instead of losing.

Now this is coming from an alum that has been going to Husker football and basketball for over 30 years, who am I supposed to believe? :-/

Comment

That was a very insightful post Rabbitden. You cant get that kind of information off the web. Very well done!!  Excellent Post!!

I almost forgot to congratulate Mav and Fat Jake on that nice win over York on Tuesday... And good luck with Peru St. on Saturday. Very nice opponents.. Congratulations !! You should be very proud.

D2 losers....

Comment

Originally posted by Texas_Jacks_Fan
        You should be very proud.
        Just as you should be proud of a 1-8 record. Thank goodness for that nail biter against Northern Colorado or you might be looking at an o'fer in the win column.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1

Just as you should be proud of a 1-8 record. Thank goodness for that nail biter against  Northern Colorado or you might be looking at an o'fer in the win column.
          In other words, we might be looking at a typical UNO season?
          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

SDSU should be pround not to be wading in the kiddie pool of D-II.

Comment

Originally posted by RodentiaX
              SDSU should be pround not to be wading in the kiddie pool of D-II.
              When you end up 3-25 you will be bringing your towel and swim trunks and asking to get in.

Comment

Dont think so
                D2=UNO

Comment

When you end up 3-25 you will be bringing your towel and swim trunks and asking to get in.

You two and the rest of d2 can swim in your own piss.

Comment

Next up or at least soon is UMKC. My beloved Roos will put a real hurt of the jacks after last year"s close game.
                    I was at the game yesterday and there was about 5k at the most. Most people just didn't care enough to go see sdsu. No noise at all from the dozen or so Jack fans.
                    By the way at a big time venue like Devaney you are supposed to shake the Huskers hand before the game. Most of your players walked back to the huddle like they didn't belong there and forgot to shake hands. Only after the Huskers just about walked up to your bench was when the Jacks realized they were supposed to stay on the court and shake hands. Only then did most of your players shake their hands. Act like you belong out there next time.

Comment

Since when is Devaney considered a big-time venue?

Comment

I guess its big time compared to the high school gym uno plays at. Go uno beat Peru ST. HA HA HA

Comment

Who says you are supposed to shake hands before the game...this might be a tradition at UNL but it is not custom every where.

Now during tourney play when players are introduced alternately this is a custom. Any other time it is usually dictated by conference or just a team ritual.

Your searching girls and it just isnt working for ya! :'(

Comment

I see Peru St. beat York last week 92 to 89.  Should be a great game for UNO, considering you beat York by 50 points.  If you continue to play teams of this caliber, you too will be a Peru St. or York.

UNO and the rest of the NCC is going down the drain.  The only way out is to move up to D-1.  But with only 150 people showing up for your games, that will be very difficult.

As far as shaking hands, it is customary during exhibition games. That is what is confusing you. Last night the game counted, your game does not.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

How many teams are your favorite Big Jake? I have discovered Big Jake’s smack template and wanted to share it with everyone.

I can’t wait to watch my favorite team, (SDSU’s Next Opponent) whoop up on you dumb Jacks. Even (Old NCC School) would beat you guys by twenty. I will sure be laughing at you boys through my toothless grin!

Remember the time (Pick Perennial Loser not from Nebraska) beat you fellas? That was a hoot!! You will never beat a team like (Pick Established DI Powerhouse) or (Pick Another Established DI Powerhouse). They would stomp all over your furry little butts!

Your women’s teams don’t count, but our women’s (pick obscure sport) and (pick another obscure sport) teams are the greatest. Our coach (try to find name of coach on internet) is going to lead (try to find names of players on internet) to a decisive victory in (try to find one more obscure sport). I bet you wish you were back in Division II.

1-Once complete, mix stiff drink and cry quietly wishing you could be a fan of a Division I University.
                              2-If still not satisfied, take out old high school year book and think about how you almost asked the pretty girl on page 31 to prom. If only she wasn't a Jacks fan!!
                              3-As last resort, call SDSU admission's office and hang up when someone answers the phone.
                              4-Repeat steps 1-4

;D
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I don't remember seeing Kentucky shake our hands at Rupp arena. But that is probably because they don’t have a history like Nebraska in Devaney Fieldhouse.

With the quality of the seats in there, I felt like I was in the Watertown Sale Barn. Very old and dirty. Okay for a livestock auction, but apparently Nebraska fans do not believe in wearing clean clothes before sitting down in their arena.

Or maybe they attend games in their dirty work coveralls as you have to buy tickets outside—great idea in a state that regularly sees temps dip below 10 degrees. Doesn’t Nebraska have a nationally known architecture program? Who was the architecture guru who thought that one up? Or was it at the first game that someone realized, “Oh dang, we forgot to put in ticket booths!!! Lets just put up porta-poties and sell tickets outta those.”

And lastly, the players doing the wave thing to the Nebraska crowd after the game was possibly the dumbest thing I have ever seen. I know McCray has put on weight, but don’t you think it is a bit extreme to force your players to do aerobics immediately after the game!!

;D ;D
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X