Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNO Bottom Dweller in "New" NCC

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
    Or how about this...UNO...where we care if our athletes are criminals.
    List please, I forgotten maybe you can refresh your memory here.

Comment

NEWS FLASH!!!

uno still sucks! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

They are considering changing their mascot:

Seems much more appropriate!

"New" NCC Standings

Men   2/7 (last place)

Where are Fat Jake and Mavs#dII?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

JBNJBQ,

I can't tell if that is their new mascot or their new football helmet.

Comment

We beat the University of Michigan last night. We don't just play D1 schools... we beat them!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mavs Stun Michigan with 4-3 Win
          OMAHA, Neb.--UNO snapped Michigan's five-game winning streak against the Mavericks with a 4-3 win on Friday night in front of a season-high 7,954 fans at the Omaha Civic Auditorium.

The Mavericks' Alex Nikiforuk scored the game-winning goal with 2:19 remaining in regulation after Michigan rallied to tie the score with three third period goals in a span of eight minutes.

UNO built a 2-0 lead in the first period on goals by Bill Thomas at the 2:34 mark and Mick Lawrence at 7:06.

The Mavericks extended their lead to 3-0 in the third period on Brandon Scero's seventh goal of the year at 6:20. Michigan's Matt Hunwick got his team on the board by scoring his first of two goals in the period at 8:33 to make the score 3-1. UM's Jack Johnson made it a one-goal game with 3:48 remaining in the period, leading up to Hunwick's goal just 1:03 later to tie the score at 3-3.

Nikiforuk then won the faceoff and weaved his way through traffic to score unassisted just six seconds later for the game-winner.

Maverick goaltender Jerad Kaufmann had 38 saves in the victory, including 16 in the final period.

Michigan outshot UNO 41-22 in the contest. Both teams were scoreless on the power play with UNO going 0-for-3 while Michigan was 0-for-4.

UNO (18-11-4, 12-9-4 CCHA) will face Michigan (18-12-3, 13-9-3 CCHA) on Saturday night in the series finale at the Omaha Civic Auditorium.

Comment

Mav...you have really became a hockey lover lately? You seem to jump on the band wagon and let the losers go by the side. Real fan, Real Fan...got to luv your philosophy.

Comment

Hey! Does that make him an occilating fan?

MAVS#dII= OCCILATING FAN! 2/7, 2/7

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

This guy/girl, Mavericks#1, is more obsessed with SDSU Athletics than even the most rabbid vermen from Vermillion. Are we sure this "cowpie" isn't a closet 'Yote fan?

I have to admit one thing though, Mavericks#1 has made me spend more time thinking about UNO than when we were in the NCC with them because I sure didn't think of them back in the day. You could always count on UNO to deliver a Jacks win! How does UNO Athletics even make it when they are third fiddle in their own to the 'Skers and the Jays?

Why did I just waste two minutes typing something that has to deal with Mavericks#1 and UNO?

SUPERBUNNY OUT!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Mav1, What a great victory that was. I wasn't at thatgame but I will be there tonite with a packed house on hand. A little different than your typical sdsu-pan american game. Enjoy that return trip to South Texas - I hear it is absolutely beautiful down there on the border in Feb. You better watch those players of yours down there in those border towns. Easy to get into trouble down there.
                  We beat the No. 1 baseball team in the D2 last week, we beat the Michigan wolverines in hockey, we won the national wrestling and soccer championship. These are indeed heady days at UNO. In honor of our success I have decided to change my moniker from Big Jake to Mavpower from now on. BJ has been deleted and is gone forever so no more of the fatjake cracks from that jerk be nimble guy. We truly have Mavpower!!
                  But it is not all bad at sdsu - you did beat morningside and you did beat sw state or whatever they are calling themselves now. Also, I guess you have decided that nobody is going to take your school into their league so you are going to make up your own rinky dink league and call it the "united wannabe league" or whatever.
                  Good luck with that fiasco. It is great to be a Maverick.
                  Long live Mavpower!!

Comment

Originally posted by MAVPOWER
                    Mav1, What a great victory that was.  I wasn't at thatgame but I will be there tonite with a packed house on hand.    A little different than your typical sdsu-pan american game.  Enjoy that return trip to South Texas - I hear it is absolutely beautiful down there on the border in Feb.   You better watch those players of yours down there in those border towns.  Easy to get into trouble down there.
                    We beat the No. 1 baseball team in the D2 last week, we beat the Michigan wolverines in hockey, we won the national wrestling and soccer championship.  These are indeed heady days at UNO.  In honor of our success I have decided to change my moniker from Big Jake to Mavpower from now on.  BJ has been deleted and is gone forever so no more of the fatjake cracks from that jerk be nimble guy.  We truly have Mavpower!!
                    But it is not all bad at sdsu - you did beat morningside and you did beat sw state or whatever they are calling themselves now.   Also, I guess you have decided that nobody is going to take your school into their league so you are going to make up your own rinky dink league and call it the "united wannabe league" or whatever.  
                    Good luck with that fiasco.  It is great to be a Maverick.
                    Long live Mavpower!!
                    Please refer to the post "DI envy".

No one is suprised that UNO fans/supporters are short-sighted and petty as well as stupid. Its morons like you that make certain situations in life more annoying, but in the end idiots like yourself are really quite entertaining.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Welcome back Mavpower and goodbye Big Jake!! Great to be a Maverick fan after we took 3 out of four points against Hockey Power Michigan. The Civic was a madhouse of Maverick fans!! I don't know about you Mavpower, but I find it funny how that issues rear their ugly head in the SDSU athletic dept and then just seem to disappear. :-[ :-[ You know the 17 lbs of pot, the AD having his problems and then this latest incident?? It always seems to get neatly swept under the rug and then like magic just it is is gone. I guess that is small town justice for you. And the SDSU fans talking about the struggles of our basketball teams seems like a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Any way, welcome back Mavpower. Great to have you back. Any chance of getting Sports Buff to resurrect from the dead??

Mavs#1

Comment

I guess there is never a dull day in Brookings. It is funny how the fans on this site always talk about their great fans and UNO's apathy. We had 8k last night which doubled their attendance against their supposed arch rival.
                        Apparently some people on this site are not happy with coach nagy. I think he deserves 4 years to get things in order but if he is looking to upgrade his living situation maybe he ought to apply to UNO and be our next head coach. We will have an opening and he has top notch d2 credentials. Nagy to UNO!! It sounds great!! No more eating every nite at DQ - he could really style and profile in a great town like Omaha.

Comment

They have DQ's in Brookings. ???

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
                            Welcome back Mavpower and goodbye Big Jake!! Great to be a Maverick fan after we took 3 out of four points against Hockey Power Michigan. The Civic was a madhouse of Maverick fans!!  I don't know about you Mavpower, but I find it funny how that issues rear their ugly head in the SDSU athletic dept and then just seem to disappear. :-[ :-[ You know the 17 lbs of pot, the AD having his problems and then this latest incident?? It always seems to get neatly swept under the rug and then like magic just it is is gone.  I guess that is small town justice for you. And the SDSU fans talking about the struggles of our basketball teams seems like a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Any way, welcome back Mavpower. Great to have you back. Any chance of getting Sports Buff to resurrect from the dead??

Mavs#1
                            What the heck are you talking about, swept under the rug?? Justice has been served in all cases.

How about that dangerous UNO basketball team? Dropped another one last night. You guys are terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by MAVPOWER
                              UNO's apathy.
                              Speaking of uno apathy, how's uno's basketball attendance been this year? That's what I thought. 'Course, to be fair, it has been an awfully mild winter, so I suppose there haven't been as many homeless people looking to get inside for a few hours.
                              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Yes, UNO is a little down this year in men's bb. But we have a lot of really nice boys on our team who add just that much more to the greatness of what we call UNO and Omaha. Fine individuals
                                But anytime you people want to make fun of the "New" NCC all you have to do to keep everything in perspective is keep saying "The United Wanabee Basketball Conference". Now that is a joke.
                                Oh but I do want to congratulate SDSU on your big win over WIsconsin. Great job! Oh my mistake - that was your rival NDSU. I am sure you are thrilled for their one time success in bb!!

Comment

Working...
                                X