UND going D-1, UNO left behind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND going D-1, UNO left behind

I think the Mav Twins are actually suffering from mental duress caused by the simultaneous collapse of the NCC and the UNO athletic department.

A look back at recent events that have hurt UNO:

2001- Morningside leaves the NCC, eliminating a cheap away game and reducing the number of guaranteed victories for the Mavs.
    2003- Northern Colorado leaves the NCC, causing misguided joy by Mav fans who didn't like to drive all the way to Greely for a game.
    2004- SDSU and NDSU leave the NCC for D-1, eliminating the opportunity for Mav fans to experience the joy of "monumental" upsets over the mighty land-grants.
    '03-May '06- UNO constantly reaffirms its commitment to D-2 and the NCC, despite the ongoing erosion of the NCC and continued watering-down of D-2. Monetary and leadership support for the athletic dept. from admin plumments.
    June '06- UND walks away from the NCC and UNO announces the gutting of its athletic department, resulting in their boosters to stop financial support until the mess is cleared up.
    Current- USD and Augie both looking at D-1. Mav fans hoping for a MIAA slot when the NCC collapses. Belck claims to look at D-1, but no one is buying it.........

Wouldn't you be pretty miserable if all this happened to you?

Hence, the answer is c) ignorant.

Comment

Back off Mavpower. I know that dude and he is neither stupid or a liar. He is a lot more entertaining that any rabbit posters. He has also contributed a lot more to this board than you have rodent (35 weak posts). Quit trying to analyze UNO's situation and try and figure out how your going to win the conference championship in football for the first time in 40 years.

Mavs#1

Comment

Originally posted by Mavs Rule
        Back off Mavpower. I know that dude and he is neither stupid or a liar. He is a lot more entertaining that any rabbit posters. He has also contributed a lot more to this board than you have rodent (35 weak posts). Quit trying to analyze UNO's situation and try and figure out how your going to win the conference championship in football for the first time in 40 years.

Mavs#1

Mavs,

RodentiaX1 is a Bison so your football slam doesn't really apply. With that said, I will give you the same advice, rather then analyze SDSU's situation maybe you should try and figure out how you are going to fund your D-II existence.

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by Mavs Rule

Mavs#1
          Then tell him to do better research! You're dealing with people that are

1) Jackrabbit Fanatics and

2) Fanatic about their homework

He wants to talk smack, he best back it up! And the court case is cheap and non-effective for a slam, either!
          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

It may be about time for everyone to back off on the personal slams and insults, just generally.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

(post deleted)

I mean it. -- filbert

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Further explanation of my current attack of grumpy moderator-hood:

A couple of days ago I deleted a thread whose topic was in whole an attempt at a humorous attack by one board member on another.

1) it was a personal attack (which is prohibited by the board's user agreement, although it's relaxed quite a bit on the smack section), and
                2) it wasn't particularly original, clever or funny.

So I just decided it was time to tighten things up a bit regarding personal attacks. Run smack at Omaha or South Dakota or UMKC or Minnesota or SDSU for that matter, but let's try to steer away from attacking posters directly, OK?

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

no problem

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I'm also assuming that the ban on personal attacks extends to any legal and personal issues of any athlete or university personnel, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
                      I'm also assuming that the ban on personal attacks extends to any legal and personal issues of any athlete or university personnel, correct?
                      Discussion (within the bounds of good taste) of issues in the news is acceptable. Use of such issues (at SDSU or elsewhere) as rhetorical clubs with which to bash others over the head is discouraged (and says more about the poster than it does about the situation being referenced).

Posters are responsible for their own posts, and need to be mindful of that fact.

This is first and foremost a forum for SDSU Jackrabbits fans. Fans of other schools/teams are welcome but should exercise the same discretion that they would if they were discussing issues face-to-face at the corner sports bar.

The purpose of my recent moderation attempts is to remind everyone that there are actual real live people at the other end of that keyboard you're typing on.

As I've said before: Keep it civil.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                        [quote author=NightHawk78 link=1150922515/45#53 date=1152137292]I'm also assuming that the ban on personal attacks extends to any legal and personal issues of any athlete or university personnel, correct?
                        Discussion (within the bounds of good taste) of issues in the news is acceptable. Use of such issues (at SDSU or elsewhere) as rhetorical clubs with which to bash others over the head is discouraged (and says more about the poster than it does about the situation being referenced).

Posters are responsible for their own posts, and need to be mindful of that fact.

This is first and foremost a forum for SDSU Jackrabbits fans. Fans of other schools/teams are welcome but should exercise the same discretion that they would if they were discussing issues face-to-face at the corner sports bar.

The purpose of my recent moderation attempts is to remind everyone that there are actual real live people at the other end of that keyboard you're typing on.

As I've said before: Keep it civil.[/quote]

**properly chastised** :-[ Sorry, Amigo! I tend to get a little hot-headed in here and let my reasoning take a back seat.
                        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

As I'm sure your elders told y'all when y'all were young'uns, it's all in good fun until someone gets their eye poked out.

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                          X