UND going D-1, UNO left behind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND going D-1, UNO left behind

Hey boys I want you to know that I predicted (courtesy Of bob danenhauer's knowlege) that you would make the mid continent conference at least a year ago. No surprise here. Remember I have seen many mid con games in the past decade and have no argument about you in the mid con. That is d1 in name only - have fun playing a hale gym in kc, ks. At least filbert and 89 can make it to some games. Your rural school doesn't fit their conf makeup but they tend to take anybody and you fit that bill. congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by MAVPOWER
      Hey boys I want you to know that I predicted (courtesy Of bob danenhauer's knowlege) that you would make the mid continent conference at least a year ago. No surprise here. Remember I have seen many mid con games in the past decade and have no argument about you in the mid con. That is d1 in name only - have fun playing a hale gym in kc, ks. At least filbert and 89 can make it to some games. Your rural school doesn't fit their conf makeup but they tend to take anybody and you fit that bill. congrats.
      Yep, keep telling yourself that when the NCC folds and you get to play quality programs like the University of Mary, Upper Iowa, and Truman State. Good luck making the playoffs playing them... just ask USD!
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Having seen a game at Hale I was struck by just how much it reminded me of Sapp Fieldhouse.  Of course it is much bigger and newer and nicer then Sapp.

Sapp Fieldhouse (Cap 3,500) - I like how the UNO athletic department took the picture when the Rabbits were in town so that the stands would be full.  Too bad for UNO most of the people there are cheering for SDSU.  Not much red in the picture.   ;D

Hale Arena (Cap 5,000) - part time home for UMKC when Wal-Mart takes over Municipal Auditorium for their annual meetings.  It is too bad that UMKC can't play all it's games at Municipal, but still better then that dump you guys call home.

Municipal Auditorium (Cap 9,827) - UNO could only dream of having a place this nice to call home.

Go State!  

P.S. Hale Arena is in Kansas City, MO not KCK. I would have thought you would have known that being such an expert on KC and all. :

Comment

That #54 that used to play for you was the ugliest player to ever enter Sapp Fieldhouse. I understand now that he wears blue hats to the games. Sapp looks a lot nicer than the last time you were in it because we have added three national title banners since you were last there.

Mavs#1

Comment

My mistake on that 89.   Every time I go to the west bottoms down there I always think I am  in KC, KS.  They both have the same kind of urban gritty feel to it.  Both very depressing places to be.
            *** By the way it  is great that Mav1 is back in the fold.  I hadn't heard from you in such a long time I thought you were expelled form this site.  Expelling you from this site would be equivalent to kicking ron artest our of the nba.  You both may be controversial but you both can "bring it" every nite.  You bring quality to the table just like Mr Artest.
            ** Mav - don't make fun of the Jack's lack of banners.  They did win some national titles in the 50's in men's bb and we can never forget that NCC fb title in 1963.  They're still buzzing about that one up there.
            Mav - great avatar.  Lots of beautiful women at UNO - below is a picture of the typical SDSU female student
            http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...8&ei=UTF-8

Comment

Originally posted by Mavs Rule

That #54 that used to play for you was the ugliest player to ever enter Sapp Fieldhouse. I understand now that he wears blue hats to the games. Sapp looks a lot nicer than the last time you were in it because we have added three national title banners since you were last there.  

Mavs#1
              Yea isn't it sad how watered down D-II has become.  Now even UNO is winning National Championships.  

NCAA D-II National Championships by NCC teams (before all the good teams left)

NDSU = 17
              SDSU = 8
              UND = 4
              Minn. St. = 3
              UNO = 3
              UNC = 2
              USD = 2
              Augie = 1
              Morningside = 0
              St. Cloud = 0

Go State!  

P.S. MAVPOWER her is our break down by decade of our National Championships:

1950's = 1
              1960's = 1
              1970's = 1
              1980's = 3
              1990's = 1
              2000's = 1

D-II was lots of fun and as you can see we were very good at it, but it was time to move on to bigger challenges.  Best of luck to the Mav twins, it is very strange to see a school doing so well in athletic competition and doing so poorly with its bottom line.  :-?  I remember when you guys openly wondered how we would ever afford our move to D-I when you should have been worrying about how your school was going to afford D-II. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                [quote author=Mavs Rule link=1150922515/30#33 date=1151982336]89,

Mavs#1

P.S. MAVPOWER her is our break down by decade of our National Championships:

1950's = 1
                1960's = 1
                1970's = 1
                1980's = 3
                1990's = 1
                2000's = 1

[/quote]

While you are at it can you break down your conference football championships by decades starting with 1960's.

Mavs#1

Comment

Mavpower & Mavrules,

I'll do the Math for you. That's 27 National Championships for NDSU, SDSU, & UNC. That leaves 13 for the remainder of the teams from the old NCC. Those same teams that are going to choose between NAIA or a watered down NCC/NSIC merger. Good luck at the lower level. We will never know how you actually do, because we don't care.

Comment

Mav, SDSU will probably get into the MID Cont.  That conference has been around for about 25 years and I would wager that over that time they have had close to that many members.  It is a starting point for schools and the league is constantly changing.  I am sure und and usd will be looked at by that league, too as would UNO if we choose to go.  Heck UNO makes tons more sense in that league than the dakota schools do but I hope we go to the miaa instead.
                    I know when sdsu gets invited it will be seen as a great victory but 90 percent of the people on this site were dissing the mid con when they thought the BS was going to be an option.

Comment

but I hope we go to the miaa instead.
                      Classic uno mentality ... why stop at the miaa? Maybe the RMAC will have you, or maybe you could really strive for something ... how about the GPAC? Just imagine the in-state rivalries. What a huge boost the travel savings alone would be for your athletic dept.
                      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Mav, SDSU will probably get into the MID Cont.  That conference has been around for about 25 years and I would wager that over that time they have had close to that many members.  It is a starting point for schools and the league is constantly changing.  I am sure und and usd will be looked at by that league, too as would UNO if we choose to go.  Heck UNO makes tons more sense in that league than the dakota schools do but I hope we go to the miaa instead.
                        I know when sdsu gets invited it will be seen as a great victory but 90 percent of the people on this site were dissing the mid con when they thought the BS was going to be an option.
                        I don't think anyone WAS was dissing the mid-con, MAVPOWER. If it came to be that we had to choose between the Big Sky and Mid-Con, I'm sure most of us would have chosen the Big Sky for the simple fact that most of the schools there are land-grant institutions, like SDSU and NDSU. You can search the forum and I doubt you'll find many slams on the Mid-Con.

BUT, since the B.S. Conference dangled the carrot and yanked it away, we figure SCREW EM! If the Mid-Con wants us, hey, we'll go. Yet I find it interesting that you say your school would be a better fit for the Mid-Con, considering...

1) You're still a Division II school, and your administration is still in a "defacate or get off the pot" mode. And no conference would even consider a D-II school unless there was a solid committment to moving to D-I. Which is why UND wasn't considered this time around.

2) You have massive funding problems, resulting in cutting of positions. Funny, we're adding positions and sports. Fascinating, isn't it?
                        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1
                          [quote author=MAVPOWER link=1150922515/30#38 date=1152056034]Mav, SDSU will probably get into the MID Cont.  That conference has been around for about 25 years and I would wager that over that time they have had close to that many members.  It is a starting point for schools and the league is constantly changing.  I am sure und and usd will be looked at by that league, too as would UNO if we choose to go.  Heck UNO makes tons more sense in that league than the dakota schools do but I hope we go to the miaa instead.
                          Funny, we're adding positions and sports. Fascinating, isn't it? [/quote]

Just more sports and staff that will have to get used to getting your arse kicked and never winning anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavs Rule
                            [quote author=jackrabit1 link=1150922515/30#40 date=1152112927][quote author=MAVPOWER link=1150922515/30#38 date=1152056034]Mav, SDSU will probably get into the MID Cont.  That conference has been around for about 25 years and I would wager that over that time they have had close to that many members.  It is a starting point for schools and the league is constantly changing.  I am sure und and usd will be looked at by that league, too as would UNO if we choose to go.  Heck UNO makes tons more sense in that league than the dakota schools do but I hope we go to the miaa instead.
                            Funny, we're adding positions and sports. Fascinating, isn't it? [/quote]

Just more sports and staff that will have to get used to getting your arse kicked and never winning anything.[/quote]

You really need to get your head out of the fryer grease and breath in some frsh air because you have some real struggles with basic reasoning. May I suggest a trip down to the lovely Omaha Stockyards to get your nostrils cleaned out! Nice place down there!

MAVPOWER, you continue to amaze with your lack of BRAINPOWER!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

You really need to get your head out of the fryer grease and breath in some frsh air because you have some real struggles with basic reasoning.  May I suggest a trip down to the lovely Omaha Stockyards to get your nostrils cleaned out!  Nice place down there!

SUPERBUNNY
                              Now, now... let's not assume that MAVPOWERless is stupid. There are alternative explanations. For one, he could simply be a liar. That of course does not preclude stupidity, he could be a stupid liar. Or he could be ignorant.

So he could be:
                              a) stupid
                              b) a liar
                              c) ignorant
                              d) a stupid liar
                              e) stupid and ignorant
                              f) an ignorant liar
                              g) a stupid, ignorant liar.

By any honest standards, SDSU's move to D-I has been successful. He could be ignorant of the facts, unable to understand those facts of simply dishonest.

I suppose he does have some amusement value, like a drunken clown tap dancing for beer money. It's sad, of course, but you can't stop watching.

Comment

Originally posted by RodentiaX1
                                You really need to get your head out of the fryer grease and breath in some frsh air because you have some real struggles with basic reasoning.  May I suggest a trip down to the lovely Omaha Stockyards to get your nostrils cleaned out!  Nice place down there!

SUPERBUNNY
                                Now, now... let's not assume that MAVPOWERless is stupid.  There are alternative explanations. For one, he could simply be a liar. That of course does not preclude stupidity, he could be a stupid liar. Or he could be ignorant.

So he could be:
                                a) stupid
                                b) a liar
                                c) ignorant
                                d) a stupid liar
                                e) stupid and ignorant
                                f) an ignorant liar
                                g) a stupid, ignorant liar.

By any honest standards, SDSU's move to D-I has been successful. He could be ignorant of the facts, unable to understand those facts of simply dishonest.

I suppose he does have some amusement value, like a drunken clown tap dancing for beer money. It's sad, of course, but you can't stop watching.
                                i will go with a,b,c,d,e,f, and g for my answers on that. sad that they ignore their problems in there AD office, maybe if they contributed more than a dollar a year to their athletic department they could afford to add a couple of positions or sports to their "growing" athletic department.

Comment

Working...
                                X