Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stu Strikes Again!

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
    Olbermann is of the same strain of inflammatory "reporters" no doubt. Not trying to get political here just making the analogy of "reporting" done by these types. Its all about ego and Stu fits right in with those guys on that front.
    Couldnt agree more.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Stu just thinks that his you know what doesn't stink. I know what he is doing here and if you look at the comments to his blog, they are all from SDSU supporters. He has done what he likes to do best, get under our frickin' skin, and we keep falling for his grade school antics. I wish I could just ignore the POS, but it is like looking at an accident, you don't want to, but you just have to. I am starting to wonder if he really thinks he is that clever or if he is trying to piss us off. Can't tell anymore. I don't subscribe to the Argus, just look at it on the web, so I can't cancel. Anyway, I have to be able to show support to TV some way too. I just have to quit reading threads about him and not looking at his column.

Comment

Man you guys are uptight.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
          Man you guys are uptight.
          Not at all. I just can't stand Stu Whitney. I think he is an idiot and a poor writer. He rags on SDSU all the time and you imply it is about us being thin skinned or something. How does my distaste demonstrate being uptight if I might ask? I think criticism can be constructive but his ranting and arrogance don't equal that in the slightest.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
            Not at all. I just can't stand Stu Whitney. I think he is an idiot and a poor writer. He rags on SDSU all the time and you imply it is about us being thin skinned or something. How does my distaste demonstrate being uptight if I might ask? I think criticism can be constructive but his ranting and arrogance don't equal that in the slightest.
            Everyone whining about it and posting on his blog are the exact reasons he is doing it, you're just feeding the troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
              Everyone whining about it and posting on his blog are the exact reasons he is doing it, you're just feeding the troll.
              Reread the first sentence of my first post on this subject and I clearly acknowledge what he is doing. I don't need people trying to explain the situation to me and if you call my reaction whining, then so be it, you are entitled to your opinion. This sure looks like the SDSUfans forum and not the Argus leader blog, so my posting here is among those who I assume tend to agree about the poor writing of this blog article. On that note, I am going to have a cocktail. I will not post anymore on the subject this evening to avoid saying something that will probably be rather stupid.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

This piece was more than just a blog entry on the Argus website, this was his monologue during this past weeks visit on KWSN. That's right, Stu is on Sports Talk with Craig and John every Thursday at 4 pm and has a little segment called Stu Spews, I'm sorry, I meant Stu's Views. Stu's View's is Stu's feeble attempt at adding a little humor to the past weeks sports news, while Craig Mattick can be heard in the background laughing at Stu's jokes with his high pitched chuckles, kind of like a prepubescent Ed McMahon. This message board and its members are frequent targets of Stu and Craig's jabs. It's to bad a city the size of Sioux Falls can't have more than one local sports talk show. Thank God for Matt Perrault on AM 590 out of Omaha, a good entertaining alternative to KWSN even though it isn't local.

Comment

Originally posted by 90Jackrabbit View Post
                  This piece was more than just a blog entry on the Argus website, this was his monologue during this past weeks visit on KWSN. That's right, Stu is on Sports Talk with Craig and John every Thursday at 4 pm and has a little segment called Stu Spews, I'm sorry, I meant Stu's Views. Stu's View's is Stu's feeble attempt at adding a little humor to the past weeks sports news, while Craig Mattick can be heard in the background laughing at Stu's jokes with his high pitched chuckles, kind of like a prepubescent Ed McMahon. This message board and its members are frequent targets of Stu and Craig's jabs. It's to bad a city the size of Sioux Falls can't have more than one local sports talk show. Thank God for Matt Perrault on AM 590 out of Omaha, a good entertaining alternative to KWSN even though it isn't local.
                  I like KWSN because they cover a lot of high school stuff and other area sports but when they get onto the USD-SDSU stuff it gets ridiculous, its USD is golden, SDSU is a joke.... they need to play each other, if it was up to them in Sioux Falls, because it would be too much for either of them to drive the 30 minutes to Brookings or the hour to Verm.... If USD looses its because they are in transition, if SDSU looses its because they are just bad... I remember listening a couple of years ago when they said SDSU needs to learn to support football after homecoming like USD does, (now I'll agree that SDSU could support the football team a little bit more when it gets cold outside but USD doesn't support its team at all except for homecoming and by the time the second half roles around all of there students are either gone or passed out..) I believe its the only sports show in the state anymore though....

Comment

In a twisted sort of way it takes hearing the haters to understand how good it is to be a Jackrabbit fan.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 90Jackrabbit View Post
                      How sad is it for Craig, Mike, Stu and any other media outlet that they make fun of a message board? Seriously? That's just dumb. Can't they come up with other stuff to talk about than a message board? I guess I can see why they read it. News pops up here first before it ever hits their hands. At least Mike_H. had the balls to register and chat with everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
                        How sad is it for Craig, Mike, Stu and any other media outlet that they make fun of a message board? Seriously? That's just dumb. Can't they come up with other stuff to talk about than a message board? I guess I can see why they read it. News pops up here first before it ever hits their hands. At least Mike_H. had the balls to register and chat with everyone.

More than sad, I just never really understood it. Isn't sports media folks making fun of sports message boards and their contributors kind of like somebody like Hostess making fun of fat kids who like sweets?

Why would you want to insult your best customers?
                        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                          More than sad, I just never really understood it. Isn't sports media folks making fun of sports message boards and their contributors kind of like somebody like Hostess making fun of fat kids who like sweets?

Why would you want to insult your best customers?
                          Good points, maybe a boycott of their of KWSN sponors or letters to their sponsors might be a way to get to them. Seems like this has been discussed before. I guess they got all kinds of Coug sponsors and Brookings is out of the listening area, and that might be why SDSU and message board is being thrown under the bus, all in good fun of course. If the board is mentioned on the KWSN, then they got to be reading this stuff. Good for them.

Comment

Perhaps we should all pool our money and sponsor Stu's segment on the show.

Wouldn't it just grind on Craig to have to say, "The next segment featuring Stu Whitney is brought to you by SDSUfans.com. Of, by and for South Dakota State Jackrabbits fans, SDSUfans.com is your source for breaking news about SDSU athletics." I think Stu's head would explode.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Honestly, I have known Stu for nearly 20 years. I don't think he cares at all what anybody thinks. He's doing his thing and has had some good success doing it his way.

About now in these discussions, a wise board member usually posts something like: "Don't let Stu rent space in your head."

In this case, it's particularly apt. Stu's blog isn't exactly something that hundreds of people are reading and recommending. TV's blog is by far the Argus Leader's most popular, and it isn't even close. You could walk out on your driveway right now and holler as loud as you can and you'd immediately reach more people than regularly read Stu's blog.

When it comes to dealing with the media, you have to take the bad with the good. In this case, I'd say we get a whole lot more good than bad from the Argus. If you cancel your subscription because of Stu, you're just making it less likely that TV will be allowed to cover SDSU the way he has.

Cherish your local paper, flaws and all. More and more newspapers are going belly up. Today, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer went up for sale. If nobody bites (I'd be surprised if anybody does) it's going out of business.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I think the hatred with Stu Whitney might be more of a factor that he isn't Terry V. Anyone from the Argus that doesn't drool all over SDSU "sucks".
                                How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Working...
                                X