X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official USD to D-I Smack Thread

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    Maybe you should look at the picture here (link by AnimalHouse earlier) and then you can tell me how there were 7,500 people there:

http://www.packardphoto.printroom.co...89&image_id=41

The truth is sometimes hard to swallow.
    i certainly dont want to stick up for USD but do we know at what point in the game the picture was taken? possibly towards the end when people had already left? do we know of a picture taken at the beginning of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
      i certainly dont want to stick up for USD but do we know at what point in the game the picture was taken? possibly towards the end when people had already left? do we know of a picture taken at the beginning of the game.
      It's numbered USDvsStAmbrose_1111. This one, USDvsStAmbrose_1079, is from before the game started:

http://www.packardphoto.printroom.co...t=196&scount=5

So I'd say that's probably a first quarter photograph that shows the stands nearly empty. Photographers don't alter the order of their files. It's safe to say that 1079 was taken just a short time before 1111, which shows the empty grandstand, was taken. Perhaps it was a very late arriving 7,500...
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

It's numbered USDvsStAmbrose_1111. This one, USDvsStAmbrose_1079, is from before the game started:

http://www.packardphoto.printroom.co...t=196&scount=5

So I'd say that's probably a first quarter photograph that shows the stands nearly empty. Photographers don't alter the order of their files. It's safe to say that 1079 was taken just a short time before 1111, which shows the empty grandstand, was taken. Perhaps it was a very late arriving 7,500...

. . . and here is one from farther down the line, photo 1121, which shows St. Ambrose running toward the camera instead of USD running toward the camera as in the photo showing the chair section. There was obviously at least one change of direction/change of quarter after that photo was taken. If you look further into the photo set you will see later pictures where USD is again running in the same direction as #1111. This would seem to indicate that #1111 was taken in the first half.

http://www.packardphoto.printroom.co...=196&scount=45
        Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Or perhaps that photo was taken at the end of 52-0 blowout. Yeah, I bailed 5 minutes into the 4th too.

Hey JackMD, don't sweat it. We're good.

Comment

Originally posted by Yote53 View Post
            Or perhaps that photo was taken at the end of 52-0 blowout. Yeah, I bailed 5 minutes into the 4th too.

Or perhaps you aren't so good at reading: Read the prior couple of posts. That photo was taken in the first quarter.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Or perhaps you aren't so good at reading: Read the prior couple of posts. That photo was taken in the first quarter.

So... What you're saying is - My explanation above is more credible and makes more sense?

Comment

In fairness to Udot, there are some other photos in the series that show what appears to be a pretty full student section, as well as some that show the corner section seats pretty full. I'd put the number of actual fans at about 5500 from the photos.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

You played St. Ambrose, of course you are going to be good. Let's see you come back here after getting blown out by UNI and hear how good you are

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    In fairness to Udot, there are some other photos in the series that show what appears to be a pretty full student section, as well as some that show the corner section seats pretty full. I'd put the number of actual fans at about 5500 from the photos.
                    I saw that also but I think we all have to agree that 7,500 is a complete joke. Their numbers have been BS for years.

Shoot, there used to be more people around the "Mobile Command Center" in the Backyard than USD would get to their games. That's closed circuit to Juice!

I can't wait to tailgate and go to the game with a big crowd tomorrow.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                      I saw that also but I think we all have to agree that 7,500 is a complete joke. Their numbers have been BS for years.

Shoot, there used to be more people around the "Mobile Command Center" in the Backyard than USD would get to their games. That's closed circuit to Juice!

I can't wait to tailgate and go to the game with a big crowd tomorrow.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                      Are we going to see the mobile command unit this year?
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

No, it couldn't have been. Because I can see where I was sitting and I wasn't there in the picture, neither were the people around me.

Also, the whole west bleachers were full. So full that they had to move overflow seating to the south end of the east side seating.

Comment

No, it couldn't have been. Because I can see where I was sitting and I wasn't there in the picture, neither were the people around me.

Also, the whole west bleachers were full. So full that they had to move overflow seating to the south end of the east side seating.

We have overflow seating at my church as well. The church seats about 200 (max) and another 80 can fit in the basement if it overflows. I was just at my friends wedding and the church was full including overflow, but that's about it. One of my friends was an usher and estimated that there was 500+ at the wedding.....He's known for overextricating. He went to USD.

Post some pictures of the bleacher side.
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Or even better, post an aerial view of the Dome. That will prove your argument.
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Well it looks like once again that the fumes from the cow droppings on campus at SDSU have been enhaled for way too long. For calling yourself the biggest and best college in the state you sure don't act like it. The bashing of USD is getting really old and is kind of pointless. The more bashing you do is just showing greater and greater respect for the newest and best D1 College in South Dakota.

It's a true family affair at SDSU home games.

10,000 fans in attendance
                              500 farm animals
                              1,000,000 misquitos
                              750,000 flies
                              5,000,000 other various bugs
                              stink meter on high

With the stench that spews from SDSU fans mouths it's a no wonder that the attendance from all species is so high.

All fit into one big old rickety, past it's prime cow pasture of a stadium.

It's all a perfect fit.
                              How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                                Well it looks like once again that the fumes from the cow droppings on campus at SDSU have been enhaled for way too long. For calling yourself the biggest and best college in the state you sure don't act like it. The bashing of USD is getting really old and is kind of pointless. The more bashing you do is just showing greater and greater respect for the newest and best D1 College in South Dakota.

It's a true family affair at SDSU home games.

10,000 fans in attendance
                                500 farm animals
                                1,000,000 misquitos
                                750,000 flies
                                5,000,000 other various bugs
                                stink meter on high

With the stench that spews from SDSU fans mouths it's a no wonder that the attendance from all species is so high.

All fit into one big old rickety, past it's prime cow pasture of a stadium.

It's all a perfect fit.
                                Well I see your posting after bars, so I might as well too. First off, making fun of USD never gets old!! Barn animals? you only wish you had some, they'd be better looking then the girls down there. Best college? you can dream, everyone needs there dreams to stay a Coyote Fan with the schedules you're putting out. Hey, have fun with it!

Comment

Working...
                                X