This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official USD to D-I Smack Thread

OK, fine. I give up. As you probably know, I'm a lukewarm fan of smack in the best of times.

But, since many of us SDSU Fans are finding it irresistable to smack at USD, now that they've belatedly decided that we were right all along in moving to D-I, and so and are now slavishly following us around like the abused and whipped little puppies that they, in fact, are (Mom? Dad? It followed me home, it's so cute, can I keep it?), I hereby declare open the Official USD To D-I Smack Thread.

And, as Global Moderator, I extend a special invitation to those USD Coyote Fans who've somehow figured out how to use the Internet, to attempt to explain their lame and useless institution's feeble attempts to keep up with South Dakota's Only Land-Grant University.

(Did I do it right? Was I insulting and contemptuous enough? Did I, in the glorious tradtion of Smack everywhere, try and fail to achieve humor? Did I mention Stu Whitney (Oh, I guess I did, in the previous sentence)?) ;D
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: The Official USD to D-I Smack Thread

I'll just add . . . it's my fervent hope that this thread will overtake the Stu Whitney thread in length, if not in sheer comedic content.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Tentative 2008 Football schedule for USD(d-1?)

Assuming a 11-game schedule since USD was unable to find a 12th game:

Aug. 30 @ Northern Colorado
      Sep. 6 UNO Baby Mavs
      Sep. 13 Buena Vista
      Sep. 20 @ Central Arkansas
      Sep. 27 @ Grambling
      Oct. 4 @ USD
      Oct. 11 @ Southern Utah
      Oct. 18 @ Mississippi Valley State
      Oct. 25 Bye
      Nov. 1 Dakota Wesleyan (Dakota Days)
      Nov. 8 @ UND Fighting Ralphs
      Nov. 15 Mount Marty

2008 will be a tough schedule for 'Yote fans since they won't be a counter for any I-AA schools (notice that all the I-AA teams except for SUU and UNC don't do playoffs)........

Comment

USD just got their potty training pants off and now hope to win a pi$$ing contest with the big boys without being laughed at. Unfortunately, we our laughing our ass off at some of you dip$hits in Vermintown. Enjoy purgatory USD.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
          USD just got their potty training pants off and now hope to win a pi$$ing contest with the big boys without being laughed at. Unfortunately, we our laughing our ass off at some of you dip$hits in Vermintown. Enjoy purgatory USD.
          The Hat comes out swinging both barrels, or whatever the appropriate mixed metaphor is!
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'm very disappointed in USD's decision, not that I didn't know it was coming for months now, everybody pretty much knew. This is going to suck. I guess our alternative wasn't that great. After NDSU and SDSU left, the NCC was really hurt. That's the reason I didn't want to see those schools leave in the first place. I knew that would really damage the NCC. I was right. Before long UND was leaving. Now we are to. Hopefully we can get to an Elite 8 in men's or women's basketball one of these next two years, because that will be the last time we will ever be able to. I better enjoy seeing our men's basketball team ranked while I still can, because I won't be seeing that again.
            I hope this doesn't mean fewer SD kids on the teams, but I'm sure it will. This really blows. But it's not like joining the NSIC would have been as great as we had it five years ago. We will never experience anything like we did five years ago. Even though I've really enjoyed the NCC the last couple of years it still wasn't as good as when SDSU and NDSU were in it.

Comment

Originally posted by juice
              I'm very disappointed in USD's decision, not that I didn't know it was coming for months now, everybody pretty much knew.  This is going to suck.  I guess our alternative wasn't that great.  After NDSU and SDSU left, the NCC was really hurt.  That's the reason I didn't want to see those schools leave in the first place.  I knew that would really damage the NCC.  I was right.  Before long UND was leaving.  Now we are to.  Hopefully we can get to an Elite 8 in men's or women's basketball one of these next two years, because that will be the last time we will ever be able to.  I better enjoy seeing our men's basketball team ranked while I still can, because I won't be seeing that again.
              I hope this doesn't mean fewer SD kids on the teams, but I'm sure it will.  This really blows.  But it's not like joining the NSIC would have been as great as we had it five years ago.  We will never experience anything like we did five years ago.  Even though I've really enjoyed the NCC the last couple of years it still wasn't as good as when SDSU and NDSU were in it.  
              Come on juice, take this nicey, nicey stuff to the non smack thread

I, like filbert, am no good a smack (wait, is that considered smack toward filbert), and ususally self direct smack at SDSU (see every FB prediction). But, I feel that any USD fan who doesn't have some feelings similar to juice truly embodies what we see USD fans as, arrogant pricks. Seriously, four years ago the clowns at USD did everything they could to stop SDSU's move, even though the U supposedly supported going DI as a conference. One of their coach's sister (or sister-in-law, can't remember) even started the petition that was floating around to try to block the move. That was classy. Thankfully SDSU fans could give a rats ass at this point if USD moves up or not because we have moved on and are moving ahead. Hopefully the BOR puts USD thru the ringer as SDSU was put thru, public forum's anyone? If not, then it just goes to show that USD always has and always will been given the easy way out when failure was their only option. Good luck yotes, I'm sure there will be successes along the way because the light shines on a dogs ass every now and then. But there will be more heartache than good feelings for a number of years. I think in some respects SDSU fans can relate to that.
              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I took the liberty of pulling this over from the real USD to DI thread because it probably contains enough smack to offend the yote fans that my view the board. Losers.

Originally posted by RenoRabbit
                EVERYONE on this board saying they do not want to play them will count the days, hours, and minutes to when we finally do.  

The U is like a hot ex-girlfriend.  You broke up because you couldn't stand her, but you still booty call her when your drunk at 3AM.  You use her and leave before you have to look at her in the morning.
                Let me go on record as saying I am not EVERYONE.  I for one could care less if we ever play USD in any sport ever again.  The headaches associated with playing USD are not worth it. More time should be put into creating awareness of our conference opponents and bringing fans back in other ways, rather than hoping that one USD game will make budget for the year. It didn't work that way in DII, it doesn't work in DI.

Oh, and USD if far from the hot ex-girlfriend. They are more like the fat chick on a bad drunk that you hope you never see again and avoid in the commons at all costs. I'm sure bluehat can relate to that ;D
                I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Filbert,

You may have to start a bluehat smack thread after that last comment by catchem.

Comment

Somebody needs to go over to the USD fan board and fire some people up! Do they even know how to use that thing??

Biggest news in school history and there is 1 post! WOW

Also, I was listening to the worst sports talk show in the midwest yesterday "KWSN, Craig and Bob" or "Dip and S#$t" and they took about 12 calls from listeners...there were 8 calls from SDSU fans, wishing them luck, and 2 sounded like Augie fans and 2 guys who sounded like they didn't even graduate from high school complaining about D-I moves in general. ZERO YOTE FANS???????
                    WHERE ARE ALL THE YOTE FANS?? HELLO...YOU WENT DIVISION 1 YESTERDAY!! Get the bong away from your mouth and stick up for your school's decision.

SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Hey Abbot,

What Happened to being, "Princeton on the Prarie!"?

What a joke.  There's a reason your half of Abbot and Costello.

You set your school back at least four years, if not more.  

I still remember the articles when State was making the leap, "We are going to be the best Div II school in the nation.  We have no intention of going D I."

How does that feel now, pinhead.

And to every single stupid USD student, fan, or supporter who criticized State for making the move:

Bite My Ass.

(Yes, I'm bitter.  I took crap from alot of people for years, and now they are doing the same thing.  Because what SDSU and NDSU said would happen, happened.)

You can take your little Princeton on the Prarie and have fun with no conferences lined up.  And oh yeah, if we join the Gateway, and you join the Great West...I remember how you complained about how SDSU joined some stupid conference with California schools we've never heard of.  I remember that.

Good Luck for finding a conference in Basketball and Track, and Baseball...(oops! sorry forgot you couldn't fund a baseball team).

Comment

Probably should not even post as I don't much give a $$$$ what usd2 does. If it comes to us having to play them before their transition is over, the games should all be played in Brookings, unless of course the dumb bastards gives us gauranteed money to go to the dump, er I mean one of the finest athletic facilities in the nation.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80
                          Somebody needs to go over to the USD fan board and fire some people up! Do they even know how to use that thing??

Biggest news in school history and there is 1 post! WOW
                          I think SDSUfans.com has become the most popular message board about USD athletics.......filbert could probably start a forum on USD atheltics and it would have more discussion than the "official" USD message board........

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                            OK, fine.  I give up.  As you probably know, I'm a lukewarm fan of smack in the best of times.
                            I agree with you, filbert, and am not a big fan or reader of smack.  Sometimes I venture to the smack threads when I have a bad headache to put things in perspective:  I can see what a real sorehead is like.    Anyway, I thought I'd add a point just to play a little devil's advocate.    

In yesterday's Argus, page 5A, USD President Abbott said he hoped the Regents acted upon USD's request prior to Dec 31 so that USD can move in concert with UND. "It's helpful to be out there as a pair," Abbott said. "I do appreciate the fact that NDSU and SDSU sort of paved the way for this conference discussion.  We appreciate that they might have broken some ground that would have been difficult to break."  

Jackrabbit fans:  do you really want to sound like big jerks...those guys are sitting at a table being served a lot of humble pie right now.  Everyone knows what was said a few years ago and I just give my friends who are Coyote partisans, a knowing look (it's the "I told you so" one) and they know what I'm thinking.  They can't argue.

I remember well the negative comments made about SDSU's move.  I think the best response was the announcement made at 2:30 p.m., Wednesday, in Vermillion.  

So, smack away, I guess.  But, I think that behavior is a little beneath us on this particular subject.  Let those little people who were so nasty the past few years, marinate in the logical mess they've made. We should just have a good laugh. SDSU controls its destiny while some other school is in for a rough ride.  

Comment

One thing USD is going to need to learn is how to hold a DI press conference. Craig and Bob were ripping on USD yesterday about them calling up the station the morning of the press conference telling them that they were going to have a "big news" press conference. USD then proceeded to hold the press conference in a building that didn't have a phone link-up for a live broadcast back to Sioux Falls stations. KWSN had to work a deal with a Yankton radio station to get a feed that that station used a cell phone to get. The sound quality was terrible and I literally had to turn the radio all the way up and mess with the bass and treble just to understand what people were saying in the press conference.

As Craig said on the show, if USD had planned ahead by a day or two they probably could have had a couple TV crews there with live feeds. Instead they called the morning of and held the conference in a building that didn't even have telephone lines :

Looks like they have some great leadership going forward in this transition....

Comment

Working...
                              X