X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Official USD to D-I Smack Thread

Originally posted by BTownJack
    Wisfootball.net is reporting a verbal by Matt Harrington to St Cloud St. over NDSU and USD. It said in the article that he disliked USD so much, he left before the visit was concluded.
    From the Bison board...this really made me laugh!!! And I was disappointed to see this thread had fell to the 2nd page. That just shouldn't happen!!!

http://www400.pair.com/bisonvil/cgi-...68003540/22#22
    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

That's really strange to hear that! How can a recruit not simply be in awe of the beauty of Vermillion and marvel at all the things that USD has to offer. And academically the are the "Harvard of the Plains."

This kid obviously has no idea how great the opportunity was that he chose to pass up!

Losing a recruit to St. Cloud is rough!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I'm sure St.Cloud has no facility that can match the Butler Center.

Comment

Wisfootball.net is reporting a verbal by Matt Harrington to St Cloud St. over NDSU and USD. It said in the article that he disliked USD so much, he left before the visit was concluded.
          From the Bison board...this really made me laugh!!! And I was disappointed to see this thread had fell to the 2nd page. That just shouldn't happen!!!

BTown, this thread fell so far because there was ZERO media attention paid to USD(d-I?) after the Regents approved their move up to D-I. The Argus (or any other media outfit) hasn't even made an attempt to see how successful the 'Yotes were at the NCAA convention in drumming up a conference spot or gaining D-I insight and advice. Nor have they bothered to ask how USD(d-1?) will be able to afford to add 50-some scholarships, fund increased travel, and hire new coaches in order to make it in D-I and be compliant with Title IX.

Heck, Augie has received more attention over the last month about their application to the NSIC than the 'Yotes have over its D-I move.........

As for the recruit leaving Verminville early, he probably went to the DakotaDumpTM when they were having the farm show there or something........

Comment

[quote=propar80][quote author=BTownJack link=1164864014/30#43 date=1169006395]
            It said in the article that he disliked USD so much, he left before the visit was concluded.[/quote]
            Though I can not find and on-line link, the article in the Sheboygan Press stated that he decided after a USD vist was scheduled that he did not want to go as his visit to St Cloud went so well and was a great fit for him.
            Is is always a good day to ride.

Comment

Originally posted by WIJack
              [quote author=propar80 link=1164864014/30#44 date=1169045599][quote author=BTownJack link=1164864014/30#43 date=1169006395]
              It said in the article that he disliked USD so much, he left before the visit was concluded.
              Though I can not find and on-line link, the article in the Sheboygan Press stated that he decided after a USD vist was scheduled that he did not want to go as his visit to St Cloud went so well and was a great fit for him.
              [/quote]
              Here is the link of the article although I haven't paid the $17 to see the whole article. I'm taking the word of the poster on the NDSU board.
              http://www.wissports.net/wisfootball...&nid=13967

Comment

Wisfootball.net is reporting a verbal by Matt Harrington to St Cloud St. over NDSU and USD.  It said in the article that he disliked USD so much, he left before the visit was concluded.
                From the Bison board...this really made me laugh!!!  And I was disappointed to see this thread had fell to the 2nd page.  That just shouldn't happen!!!

Not the first recruit to say this and no where near the last. Its not a suprise to any of us. The USD fans will, of course, assign fault to the recruit not to themselves. Why would they have to change? They are the "Harvard of the Prairie". All I can say is good decision by Mr. Harrington.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                  Not the first recruit to say this and no where near the last.  Its not a suprise to any of us.  The USD fans will, of course, assign fault to the recruit not to themselves.  Why would they have to change?  They are the "Harvard of the Prairie".  All I can say is good decision by Mr. Harrington.
                  You couldn't have been more right.  Of course I took the liberty of posting this on the Coyote board as well a few days ago.  Sure enough the first response is the type you were referring to JackMD.  

Check it out: http://coyotesports.proboards100.com...ead=1168913073

Comment

Natural response, you have to protect the ego.  Problem is, its become pathologic for a good portion of the USD county (its not a nation).  It smells of narcissim but I don't think thats quite right.  Anyways, they can learn from it of just perpetuate the illness, the choice is theirs.

I suppose I'll get called pompous for this comment, oh well.  Anyone who agrees with Stu or SPORTSFAN isn't someone whose respect I covet.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

[quote author=jackmd link=1164864014/45#51 date=1169135631]Not the first recruit to say this and no where near the last.  Its not a suprise to any of us.  The USD fans will, of course, assign fault to the recruit not to themselves.  Why would they have to change?  They are the "Harvard of the Prairie".  All I can say is good decision by Mr. Harrington.
                      You couldn't have been more right.  Of course I took the liberty of posting this on the Coyote board as well a few days ago.  Sure enough the first response is the type you were referring to JackMD.  

[/quote]

I hope you wouldn't expect a different result on this board if the same kind of thing was posted over here. If so you are really fooling yourself. Anytime their is mention of losing a recruit, the party line over here is either "We didn't want him" or "we are better off without him." Not that I blame you, it appears that's the way it is with most fan boards. But lets not act like things would be way different on this site, if a similar thing was posted over here.

Comment

Originally posted by juice
                        [quote author=BTownJack link=1164864014/45#52 date=1169135903][quote author=jackmd link=1164864014/45#51 date=1169135631]Not the first recruit to say this and no where near the last.  Its not a suprise to any of us.  The USD fans will, of course, assign fault to the recruit not to themselves.  Why would they have to change?  They are the "Harvard of the Prairie".  All I can say is good decision by Mr. Harrington.

[/quote]

I hope you wouldn't expect a different result on this board if the same kind of thing was posted over here.  If so you are really fooling yourself.  Anytime their is mention of losing a recruit, the party line over here is either "We didn't want him" or "we are better off without him."  Not that I blame you, it appears that's the way it is with most fan boards.  But lets not act like things would be way different on this site, if a similar thing was posted over here.[/quote]

Why is it always..."if it happened to you, you'd do the same thing"...arguement everytime from the Yote fans??
                        Come up with some freakin' original thought!
                        It's just like the arguement every USD fan uses when it comes to the t-shirts directed at Dr. Oien in Vermillion.  I like to call it "the night any bridges that USD had with SDSU were burned night".  Here's how it goes...you all know it, so sing along... "You know that if USD's AD had the same thing happen, SDSU students would come up with the same shirts."

You know what? you might be right...but the difference is these things only seem to happen at USD and not at SDSU...so from now on, please do me the pleasure of coming up with an original comeback, or stay away from the smack threads!
                        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by juice
                          I hope you wouldn't expect a different result on this board if the same kind of thing was posted over here.
                          I agree with propar80 and I'll take solace in the fact "the same kind of thing" will never be posted on our board regarding recruits and them leaving SDSU because they disliked it so much.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80
                            Why is it always..."if it happened to you, you'd do the same thing"...arguement everytime from the Yote fans??
                            It's just like the arguement every USD fan uses when it comes to the t-shirts directed at Dr. Oien in Vermillion.  I like to call it "the night any bridges that USD had with SDSU were burned night".  Here's how it goes...you all know it, so sing along... "You know that if USD's AD had the same thing happen, SDSU students would come up with the same shirts."

You know what? you might be right...but the difference is these things only seem to happen at USD and not at SDSU...so from now on, please do me the pleasure of coming up with an original comeback, or stay away from the smack threads!
                            I'll add that even had if, in theory, SDSU students had come up with the same type of shirt the SDSU administration would have been big enough to not allow admissions to any person in possesion of such a shirt.  That was the most appalling about the t-shirt situation down in the "over-grown trailer park with an oversized dog kennel" town.  The administration could have done something about the shirts at the basketball game but of course they didn't.  

And SDSU is going to schedule USD when?  Hopefully never.  

Comment

Originally posted by propar80
                              [quote author=juice link=1164864014/45#54 date=1169153604][quote author=BTownJack link=1164864014/45#52 date=1169135903][quote author=jackmd link=1164864014/45#51 date=1169135631]Not the first recruit to say this and no where near the last.  Its not a suprise to any of us.  The USD fans will, of course, assign fault to the recruit not to themselves.  Why would they have to change?  They are the "Harvard of the Prairie".  All I can say is good decision by Mr. Harrington.

[/quote]

I hope you wouldn't expect a different result on this board if the same kind of thing was posted over here.  If so you are really fooling yourself.  Anytime their is mention of losing a recruit, the party line over here is either "We didn't want him" or "we are better off without him."  Not that I blame you, it appears that's the way it is with most fan boards.  But lets not act like things would be way different on this site, if a similar thing was posted over here.[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm saying I have seen numerous times people on this site blame the people transfering or the recruits who don't come here, instead of looking at what SDSU may have done wrong. Apparantly it doesn't just happen to USD. I'm not talking hypothetical situations, I'm talking about the things I've read. Believe it or not, State has lost a recruit or two and even had a few people transfer, and it's a rare day when I don't read quotes similar to the one's you posted from the USD board.

As far as the t-shirts go, I don't think I would automatically put State fans above something like that, when they are the one's who brought Student newspapers with the headlines "Osama Bin Mueller" shortly after the 9/11 attacks, when Mueller has an adopted brother from the Middle East. He, a little kid, was also harrassed by State fans as not being Josh's real brother. State fans are also the same fans that relentlessly rode Koupal everytime she played a game at Frost Arena. We could argue all day long, about which is worse, but there would be no point. That stuff just goes with the territory in a heated rivalry. You see things like that in rivalries all over the country. I'm not going to criticize State fans for comparing Mueller to a terrorist that took 1000's of American lives, I just point it out to show some of you that you aren't as innocent as you think. That same hostile treatment that many teams have faced from the SDSU student section is what has made Frost Arena a very tough place to play over the years.

Comment

It wasn't only the t-shirts that soured the relationship possibly beyond repair. There was another incident, an extremely ugly and disturbing one, that happened at the last women's basketball game at USD. I'm not even going to get into what it was. But it was way, way beyond the pale. I'm thinking that, along with the fact that SDSU doesn't really "need" USD games as much as USD needs them, means there won't be any rivalry games for a while. I can't imagine our teams going to the Dome after what happened in that last incident.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X