This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official USD to D-I Smack Thread

I did not read the article, but I'm assuming the reporter is not use to writing articles about the GWFC schools. The article referred to "Cal-Davis". In this area, people are adamant about Davis not being a "Cal" school. Davis is a "UC" school. The admission requirments for a "Cal" school, like Cal-Poly, Cal-Poly Pomona, Cal-Bakersfield, are less than a "UC" school. The "UC" schools are UC-Berkeley, UC-Davis, UC-Irvine, UC-Los Angeles, etc. UC-Davis takes great pride being a UC school and to call them "Cal-Davis" is a slap in the face. Well the USD beat writer will figure this out when he comes out here to cover a game.

Go State!!!
    Go Jacks!!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

""We knew it was going to be difficult that first year," Nielsen said. "From our end, it is a little surprising that we would go this deep into the year and still be working on the schedule, but in dealing with established FCS schools, it doesn't appear that it's uncommon."

"When you you get into the nuances of trying to move games and move schedules around, it hits you about the amount of time and phone calls that are involved," Nielsen said. "It's not like you're just trying to find a dance partner - a lot of the time you're trying to find a whole dance hall just to make one move."

Can't imagine why it is so surprising, I seem to remember lots of quotes in the Argus and Fargo Forum during the XDSU's first couple of years about how difficult it was to get games set up.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

3 NAIA schools is hilarious.....and they laughed at us........Also the ignorance of not calling UC Davis correctly A future conference mate...better get it right. Keep that up and the first time they play UC Davis it will be worse than our first time.

Go jacks !!!!!
        http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan View Post
          3 NAIA schools is hilarious.....and they laughed at us........Also the ignorance of not calling UC Davis correctly A future conference mate...better get it right. Keep that up and the first time they play UC Davis it will be worse than our first time.

Go jacks !!!!!

So I would expect in return that the UC Davis fans would all make sure that they referred to South Dakota as the Coyotes, and not the Ki Yotees. As far as the Davis game if USD gets pummelled so be it but at least between the two teams last time they played with the chips on the line USD got the win out in California. Something SDSU fans really don't know much about.
          How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
            So I would expect in return that the UC Davis fans would all make sure that they referred to South Dakota as the Coyotes, and not the Ki Yotees. As far as the Davis game if USD gets pummelled so be it but at least between the two teams last time they played with the chips on the line USD got the win out in California. Something SDSU fans really don't know much about.
            Actually we have a 3-2 advantage all-time over UC Davis... What's your record?
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I'm not sure if I'm following you. We've beaten UC Davis the last 3 times we've played and Cal Poly the last two times, with two of those games played out in California...

Comment

So I would expect in return that the UC Davis fans would all make sure that they referred to South Dakota as the Coyotes, and not the Ki Yotees.
                Good luck with that, as the rest of the United States pronounces it "ki-YO-tees" and "pee-AIR" as opposed to the South Dakotan pronunciations.

Comment

"Something SDSU fans really don't know much About". My board challenge, to see which poster is the first to figure out what I mean by this statement. Since history isn't a great thing in SDSU Football lore I will give you a clue. Think back about 2 decades.
                  How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

"Something SDSU fans really don't know much About". My board challenge, to see which poster is the first to figure out what I mean by this statement. Since history isn't a great thing in SDSU Football lore I will give you a clue. Think back about 2 decades.
                    Ahh sorry, I've only been an SDSU fan since 1997 when I started going to school there. So forgive me for not living in the past. Are you seriously smacking us for something from 2 decades ago?

Let me guess you beat them in the playoffs 20 years ago?

Congratulations.

Comment

You are talking 1986 here, where the Coyotes choked in the D2 final game against the NDSU Bison. Some one else the Yotes have not figured out how to beat. SDSU has.

Do you have any cute remarks about the 1958 hoops team? They were good and I am old enough to recall them very vividly.
                      Other than 1958 there is not a whole lot to talk about except for the upcoming big victory over Culver-Stockton. Gosh that game will be fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        You are talking 1986 here, where the Coyotes choked in the D2 final game against the NDSU Bison. Some one else the Yotes have not figured out how to beat. SDSU has.
                        I was thinking about when the USD football team came sailing into Brookings with a #1 ranking and left town thoroughly spanked and with their tails between their legs.

Maybe that's what Coyote_Fan is referring to.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          I was thinking about when the USD football team came sailing into Brookings with a #1 ranking and left town thoroughly spanked and with their tails between their legs.

Maybe that's what Coyote_Fan is referring to.
                          No its one season later that Coyote fan is talking about. USD in the 1986 playoff took out UC-Davis in the first round and then they hosted Troy State in Vermillion which they also won. Then on to Florence where they faced the Bison and were trounced just as they were in regular season. Prior to 1986, they did not have regions for the playoffs and that is how NDSU and USD both ended up in the finals. Shortly there after, D2 membership change the rules and established regions to prevent another NCC match up in the playoff finals.

Yes the 1985 Hobo Day was big and USD got put in their place, and I dont think Coyote Fan would want to mention that.

Comment

SDSU wins regular season games and doesn't only just lose playoff games but doesn't even barely gain positive yards. Now that is really coming through in the clutch. If you want to talk about football and history it's a losing battle so you'd be better to just let the thread run out right here with the football talk.
                            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

SDSU wins regular season games and doesn't only just lose playoff games but doesn't even barely gain positive yards. Now that is really coming through in the clutch. If you want to talk about football and history it's a losing battle so you'd be better to just let the thread run out right here with the football talk.
                              Ancient history. Do something in FCS and then come back and woof at us.

Here's what you can expect: You'll lose every single FCS game that you play next year. And they won't be close. Meanwhile, we'll be playing for another top-25 finish and a spot in the FCS playoffs.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Okay choke coyotes choke, just like in men's basketball this year. And yes its Dave Boot's fault that it happen this way. USD needs a new mens coach and maybe everything else needs to be dumped out and replaced by people selected by the Coyote Fan. He is the man who knows what is best for USD.

Comment

Working...
                                X