X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official USD to D-I Smack Thread

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
    I was watching the highlights in amazement as the bleachers on both ends and the opposite side of the court were very very sparsely populated. I'm guessing 5200
    Now that's funny!
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      Looked like about 600 people attended the game. Wonder if they'll even release an attendance figure? Thats a bad loss and should knock them out of the regional regardless of their overall record. Was that their 5th or 6th loss against an NCC team this year?
      They must have had at least 3-1 or maybe 5-1 or maybe 7-1 over what und2 had.

Comment

usd's website says there were 3110 at the game

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          usd's website says there were 3110 at the game
          Thats so dishonest that you just have to laugh.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Do you think USD or its fans will ever admit to the attendance inflation that's going on? I wonder because almost all Bison fans now acknowledge that our attendance numbers throughout a good chuck of the 70's, 80's and part of the 90's were way off. Some football games at Dacotah Field and basketball games at the BSA are ridiculous on their face, just like the Dakota Dome numbers seem to be. Do you think they will man up eventually?

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
              Do you think USD or its fans will ever admit to the attendance inflation that's going on? I wonder because almost all Bison fans now acknowledge that our attendance numbers throughout a good chuck of the 70's, 80's and part of the 90's were way off. Some football games at Dacotah Field and basketball games at the BSA are ridiculous on their face, just like the Dakota Dome numbers seem to be. Do you think they will man up eventually?
              No. (Oops, board requires at least four character comment!)

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
                It's a good thing NDSU and USD were the only two schools bumping up attendance numbers. At least NDSU fans are open minded enough to realize it.
                I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                  It's a good thing NDSU and USD were the only two schools bumping up attendance numbers. At least NDSU fans are open minded enough to realize it.
                  I doubt you're going to hear many Coyote Fans even commenting on the attendance numbers but if there was any doubt the UND game proved that inflation to some point is going on. It's not whether inflation is going on but by how much. I believe it's probably in the 20-30% range on average. Last night it had to be over 50% though. The stands were about two-thirds to three-forths empty.
                  How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Despite the loss to UND, I'm guessing the Coyote men still get into the playoffs and advance quite a ways. Painful as it is for a Jack fan to admit, USD has a good men's team and could rebound. I'll predict that the USD men advance further in the post season than the USD women. The Coyote women have overachieved. The men's team has underachieved.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Hey Coyote Fan. Help me out on this. We were going over the sports world this AM at coffee. Udot is rated 7th in the region, correct? If all the favorites win out, then they are in, right? If there is an upset win in another conference, then they might jump ahead of Udot. There would have to be two upset winners to knock them out of the region then, correct? I haven't been following the ratings till just this past week.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                        I doubt you're going to hear many Coyote Fans even commenting on the attendance numbers but if there was any doubt the UND game proved that inflation to some point is going on. It's not whether inflation is going on but by how much. I believe it's probably in the 20-30% range on average. Last night it had to be over 50% though. The stands were about two-thirds to three-forths empty.
                        I will even give some rep points for that post! That may be the most level-headed thing ever posted by a 'Yote fan on this board!

Keep it up CF!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I don't know if I agree with Jacked_Up or not. I look at USD's men and don't know what to think.
                          They are 5-0 at neutral site games. Those are games at 3 tourney's or classics. I think they played a host team in the 6th game.
                          I think they are 3-4 at road games. That's not many road games or a good record at them.
                          I know the tourney is a neutral site but I think they will be playing better teams than they normally play. It's just like the football team, it's better to get a win then play real competition. That's a ton of home games, too.
                          I guess I'm still up in the air on their men's team.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                            I guess I'm still up in the air on their men's team.
                            I'm not...if they do make the D-II postseason they won't win one game. They have not won a meaningful road game yet this year. Nor have they shown the ability to win a close game, home or away.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                              I will even give some rep points for that post! That may be the most level-headed thing ever posted by a 'Yote fan on this board!

Keep it up CF!

SUPERBUNNY
                              I agree, most of the USD fans just come on and put the Jacks and their fans down. I have monitored Yote fans for over a year blasting fans of SDSU. I for one would just like to see some meaningful discussions much like I've seen fans from other universities engage in.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
                                I agree, most of the USD fans just come on and put the Jacks and their fans down. I have monitored Yote fans for over a year blasting fans of SDSU. I for one would just like to see some meaningful discussions much like I've seen fans from other universities engage in.
                                You would have better luck telling me a Norwegian joke. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X