Coyote Coach comments on Jackrabbits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coyote Coach comments on Jackrabbits

Whatever Lavin said seven pages ago was ridiculous at best.  Clearly he has some pent up problems over AJ's owning him during the early stages of AJ's coaching career.  Seriously, how embarassing for a coach of Chad Lavin's stature be absolutely owned by what was then a wet-behind-the-ears twenty-something with no head coaching experience. And then to have said wet-behind-the-ears twenty-something with no head coaching experience win a regional not once, not twice, but three time, and to win a national championship as well has to be eating at said USD coach's gut every day he wakes up.  So making some snide comment about todays DI SDSU team not being as good as today's DII UND team, or some of the other "top teams" in the No Competition Conference (NCC) was just CL's way of saying, "I'm not as good as AJ so I have to speak down on his team".  A better comment would have been, SDSU is good, but right now they would be middle of the road in the SEC.  

And while we're at it, we should start a discussion about SDSU's best WBB player of all time and have someone make the claim that a certain former USD player whose name rhymes with Mandy Koupal is the best to ever wear an SDSU uniform. That would be an enlightening discussion.

[edit]Great, not my fabulous 202nd post has moved us onto page 8 of this worthless thread. Thanks CatchEm.[/edit]
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Not only did AJ win 3 regional titles, but it was 3 regional titles in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll
        Whatever Lavin said seven pages ago was ridiculous at best.  Clearly he has some pent up problems over AJ's owning him during the early stages of AJ's coaching career.  Seriously, how embarassing for a coach of Chad Lavin's stature be absolutely owned by what was then a wet-behind-the-ears twenty-something with no head coaching experience. And then to have said wet-behind-the-ears twenty-something with no head coaching experience win a regional not once, not twice, but three time, and to win a national championship as well has to be eating at said USD coach's gut every day he wakes up.  So making some snide comment about todays DI SDSU team not being as good as today's DII UND team, or some of the other "top teams" in the No Competition Conference (NCC) was just CL's way of saying, "I'm not as good as AJ so I have to speak down on his team".  A better comment would have been, SDSU is good, but right now they would be middle of the road in the SEC.  

And while we're at it, we should start a discussion about SDSU's best WBB player of all time and have someone make the claim that a certain former USD player whose name rhymes with Mandy Koupal is the best to ever wear an SDSU uniform. That would be an enlightening discussion.

[edit]Great, not my fabulous 202nd post has moved us onto page 8 of this worthless thread. Thanks CatchEm.[/edit]
        By George I think he's done it! (Good God I hope so anyway)
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

For the love of Pete I can't kill a thread if you guys keep posting. Now stop it and let this one die already.
          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I vote that we keep it open until after SCSU kicks the craps out of the lady mutts tomorrow night.

Comment

Who knows maybe Chadwick will join the board and defend his comments. Now would not that be special.

Comment

Chadwick probably thinks that his team is ready for a tournament run after beating SCSU...........it sounds like, however, that the Huskies were having a VERY off night.

Comment

It sounds like they must have used their womens football players.

Comment

I see the great UND team that Chadwick spoke so highly of got dumped by Florida Gulf Coast in the 1st round of the elite eight.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies
                      I see the great UND team that Chadwick spoke so highly of got dumped by Florida Gulf Coast in the 1st round of the elite eight.
                      Thanks for bringing this up. I wanted to in the worst way, but didn't want to start the old thread about Chadwick dissin' SDSU at the Yankton Quarterback Club that we couldn't win the NCC. Wonder where they would have gotten in the WNIT?

Comment

Great, now it's going to be all over the USD board how the only thing that gets discussed over here is how much we hate USD and how we can't stop talking about them. :'(

Comment

You think both of them will post. Really.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies
                            You think both of them will post. Really.
                            More USD fans monitor this board than post on their board. There will be more USD fans in Frost arena tonight then there were in Winona for the men's regional. Read my tag line, envy is much better than pity.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                              [quote author=1bunnies link=1169357867/105#116 date=1174578388]You think both of them will post. Really.
                              More USD fans monitor this board than post on their board.  There will be more USD fans in Frost arena tonight then there were in Winona for the men's regional.  Read my tag line, envy is much better than pity.[/quote]

I'm not sure if any of them would have the foresight to buy tickets in advance.  It seems usd is always a step behind.  ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFallsJack
                                [quote author=jackmd link=1169357867/105#117 date=1174582285][quote author=1bunnies link=1169357867/105#116 date=1174578388]You think both of them will post. Really.
                                More USD fans monitor this board than post on their board.  There will be more USD fans in Frost arena tonight then there were in Winona for the men's regional.  Read my tag line, envy is much better than pity.[/quote]

I'm not sure if any of them would have the foresight to buy tickets in advance.  It seems usd is always a step behind.  ;D ;D ;D[/quote]

Oh SNAP!!!!

;D ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X