Seeking information...please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seeking information...please help!

The reason SDSU has second rate alums is because they have a second rate University with second rate offerings. Farmers come to SDSU to learn how to plant soybeans and that is why their are no prestigeous alums. USD offers a business school, a med school, a law school and find arts. Those kinds of schools produce big time high paid alums. That is why the huge fundraising campaigns. SDSU is convinced USD can't compete but they sure do out compete SDSU in the real world. USD is just a school where people go to make some real money after they leave.

That is why they call it THEE University and THEE Flagship institution of South Dakota because it is academically the best school in South Dakota. USD is not a STATE school that offers courses that help you farm and build things, all things one can do with no education.

USD fans do put their occupations before their sports whereas SDSU fans put their sports above their occupations. It's too bad that USD alums are too busy out their making money and then giving it back to the U. I wish USD fans would put more into their sports teams but academics does come first.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUcks
      The reason SDSU has second rate alums is because they have a second rate University with second rate offerings. Farmers come to SDSU to learn how to plant soybeans and that is why their are no prestigeous alums. USD offers a business school, a med school, a law school and find arts. Those kinds of schools produce big time high paid alums. That is why the huge fundraising campaigns. SDSU is convinced USD can't compete but they sure do out compete SDSU in the real world. USD is just a school where people go to make some real money after they leave.

That is why they call it THEE University and THEE Flagship institution of South Dakota because it is academically the best school in South Dakota. USD is not a STATE school that offers courses that help you farm and build things, all things one can do with no education.

USD fans do put their occupations before their sports whereas SDSU fans put their sports above their occupations. It's too bad that USD alums are too busy out their making money and then giving it back to the U. I wish USD fans would put more into their sports teams but academics does come first.

Right... a Nobel Laureate is a "Second-Rate Graduate"..... good logic there, little boy! Are you sure you shouldn't have been held back a grade? You may be a middle-school student, but you write like a fourth-grader!
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

UCKS:  I have just a few comments and am not interested in wasting a lot of time dealing with your drivel.  The comments I'll offer are:

1.  Do you know how many SDSU alums have law degrees and medical degrees?    (Don't get JackMD started!)

2.  Your disdain for farmers is embarassing and shows a total lack of understanding of what makes this state and a significant part of the economy of the entire country tick.  One very significant difference between the student bodies at SDSU and USD is the percentage of people with a background in farming attending each university.  I consider myself very fortunate I was able to attend classes at SDSU with people having a broad background including many from farming families. USD's student body does not have the same diversity and I consider that a drawback.

3.  If you look historically at the fundraising efforts of USD compared to SDSU, you will question your statement about "big time high paid alums" and your suggestion that USD alums are supporting the school.  There's no question the most recent fundraising effort by USD was highly successful -- at least on paper (that is, a great amount of the final result is based on pledges which have not yet been paid) but over the years, SDSU has raised a lot more than USD.  I have seen the figures.

4.  The comment about USD people being concerned about academics and not athletics is inconsistent with your other assertions.  But, bottom line: I went to both places and I disagree that USD people were more concerned about academics.  Have you attended and graduated from SDSU and USD?  Have you graduated from high school?

Fortunately, with USD just starting down the trail of D-I, we will soon deal with actual facts, not fiction.  I personally do not wish the Coyotes bad luck but at the same time, I am not interested in watching SDSU and USD play one another very soon.  I like the Gateway Football Conference and the Summit League just they way they are now set up.

Comment

The reason SDSU has second rate alums is because they have a second rate University with second rate offerings.  Farmers come to SDSU to learn how to plant soybeans and that is why their are no prestigeous alums.  USD offers a business school, a med school, a law school and find arts.  Those kinds of schools produce big time high paid alums.  That is why the huge fundraising campaigns.  SDSU is convinced USD can't compete but they sure do out compete SDSU in the real world.  USD is just a school where people go to make some real money after they leave.

That is why they call it THEE University and THEE Flagship institution of South Dakota because it is academically the best school in South Dakota.  USD is not a STATE school that offers courses that help you farm and build things, all things one can do with no education.

USD fans do put their occupations before their sports whereas SDSU fans put their sports above their occupations.  It's too bad that USD alums are too busy out their making money and then giving it back to the U.  I wish USD fans would put more into their sports teams but academics does come first.  
          Hey Ucks, here is a little USD trivia.  Where did the Dean of USD's med school get his Bachelor's degree?   The same place 99% of the posters on this forum got their's.  Just like JackJD posted.  There are a lot of Dr's and Lawyers that are State alums including the dean of USDs med school.  In fact SDSU grads have a higher rate of acceptance into USD's med school than USD grads.
          Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

A bachelors degree now is almost like a high school diploma in the 70's or 80's. SDSU is a training ground for USD. SDSU alums have to get their undergraduate degree but to make it anywhere in the real world they need to go to USD to finish the job. USD grads don't need SDSU, SDSU grads need USD. I would suggest any Jacks fans to stop ripping on USD if they are going to USD for school. I wouldn't step foot on that campus in Brookings for anything other than to see the Yotes demolish the Bunnies. I would go out of state before I would go to school at SDSU. Thats cause I believe in education.

Comment

Jackoff1

You forgot the step that after being promoted to fry cook you get a face full of zits, put on 30lbs and then you get promoted to assistant manager. But the real good news as you found out is that when you make assistant manager you get to dress up as Hamburglar at the Company Christmas Party. And you thought that SDSU education wouldn't take you anywhere!!

Originally posted by jackrabit1
              First, MAVMORON, you'll start out washing the lettuce, then you get to be fry cook. Next thing you know, you'll be assistant manager. And that's when the BIG BUCKS start rolling in!

Comment

I wouldn't step foot on that campus in Brookings for anything other than to see the Yotes demolish the Bunnies.    
                This is GREAT news Brookings will be an Ucks Free Zone! [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

Go State!

Comment

Jackoff1, what a clever comeback... did it take all day for you to come up with that?

I hope you didn't hurt yourself; after all, that fryer can hurt you if you're not paying attention!
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Looks like we are playing your brother on T.V.  Wish it was SDSU so we could put a Wisconsin Lacrosse on you. That would be awesome.

UNO Football: USD game to be televised nationally

Cable network CSTV will televise UNO's home football game with South Dakota, with the contest moving to Thursday, Nov. 1, Mavs Athletic Director David Miller said Monday.

Kickoff time at the University of Nebraska at Omaha's Caniglia Field will be determined later. The game originally was scheduled for Nov. 3.

Cox Communications in Omaha does not carry CSTV, but the game is available via satellite on DirecTV and Dish Network. The game will be available for free online through CSTV.com.

Midlands cable outlets that show CSTV include Time Warner Cable in Nebraska, Midcontinent Communications in South Dakota and Cedar Fall Utilities, Hospers Telephone Company, Mediacom Communications and Premier Communications in Iowa.

Comment

Working...
                    X