Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New (bogus) SDSU Jacks website just in time for Hobo Days

Originally posted by hareball View Post
    You are spending way too much time in front of your computer ...
    LOL. you'd be shocked at how fast I type (and that explains the frequent typos).

Fear Ed!

Comment

Re: New SDSU Jacks website just in time for Hobo Days

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
      Wow my friend, whoever came up with that has your boards panties in a wad. And for you to think it was the administration that did it is even more absurd. Whoever did it got in your heads big time....
      I actually thought it was funny...the USD version of the classic Rick Roll. I didn't think it was an official act of USD Central Administration but was responding to other posts, just noting that there Was a strong history of official acts that would support speculation that the Rick Roll was instigated by the marketing dimwits.

(This IS a smack thread started by a USD partisan.)

Fear Ed!

Comment

Re: New SDSU Jacks website just in time for Hobo Days

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        I actually thought it was funny...the USD version of the classic Rick Roll. I didn't think it was an official act of USD Central Administration but was responding to other posts, just noting that there Was a strong history of official acts that would support speculation that the Rick Roll was instigated by the marketing dimwits.

(This IS a smack thread started by a USD partisan.)

Fear Ed!
        Fair enough. I don't want any bridges burnt.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          My favorite USD promotional move came in 2012. That's when the Coyotes moved a prime home game, against NDSU, from Vermillion to Sioux Falls. Unfortunately, NDSU fans outnumbered USD fans at the game, and the Bison smoked the Coyotes 54-0 on the field. That was a classic.
          I agree 100%. I was so pissed at our AD for doing that. But then I was reminded a certain gift towards the arena might have hinged on that decision. There weren't more Bison than Coyote fans, that's wrong, but thre were a crap load of them. When our team took the field I knew we were toast.

But it then I'm reminded again of a game in Brookings just 3 weeks ago. That to my friend was a classic. And you were nationally ranked. At home. So isolating individual events isn't always fruitful for either side. The day will come when USD has your number again, then you'll get it back, then we will get it back and so on and so on.

But today is what matters, and until we beat you we have to take your crap. I get it. I'm not sure we are there yet, but we are closer. November 14th looms large.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            Here are the comparative facts:

USD was authorized -- not funded -- by the Dakota Territory in 1862.
            SDSU was authorized -- not funded -- by the Dakota Territory in 1881.
            (I think the authorization date is pretty weak stuff but both schools use those years for printing stuff on sweatshirts. I don't know what's magical about having a bill pass the territorial legislature when no action -- i.e. funding and development -- takes place. I think it is just as legitimate to claim SDSU's founding goes back to the 1862 Morrill Act creating land-grant institutions.)

First classes (now that seems to be a little more concrete):
            USD, 1882 in the Clay County Courthouse.
            SDSU, 1884 for preparatory classes and 1885 for college classes.

First building:
            USD, Old Main, started 1883.
            SDSU, Old Central, started 1883.

One thing is certain, when it comes to gross exaggeration, guess who "wins"? A school claiming to have started in 1862 that didn't have classes until 20 years later? Or, a school claiming to have started in 1881 which had classes a couple of years later. Some things never change.

Fear Ed!

Go Jacks!

Sources: USD Website; SDSU Website; USD Wikipedia page; SDSU Wikipedia page; Smith and Dunkel, College on the Hill.
            SDSU was called Dakota Agricultural College until 1964.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              Says the guy posting on another team's fan board.

Fear Ed!
              Thanks for the neg rep CoyoteCrazie. And no Hareball is not a Jacks Fan.

Comment

I agree 100%. I was so pissed at our AD for doing that. But then I was reminded a certain gift towards the arena might have hinged on that decision. There weren't more Bison than Coyote fans, that's wrong, but thre were a crap load of them. When our team took the field I knew we were toast.

But it then I'm reminded again of a game in Brookings just 3 weeks ago. That to my friend was a classic. And you were nationally ranked. At home. So isolating individual events isn't always fruitful for either side. The day will come when USD has your number again, then you'll get it back, then we will get it back and so on and so on.

But today is what matters, and until we beat you we have to take your crap. I get it. I'm not sure we are there yet, but we are closer. November 14th looms large.
                I'm confused, we laid an egg against NDSU in front of a record crowd of mostly SDSU FANS. It is estimated that 2,000 NDSU fans were there. How is that the same as the Bison v Coyotes game being moved to Sioux Falls in an attempt to get a USD crowd to show up for a game? Close to 50% of Howard Wood was NDSU fans.

Comment

New (bogus) SDSU Jacks website just in time for Hobo Days

I wonder if the USD student section will leave at halftime of the SDSU game? Actually I shouldn't wonder, it's a given; like coyotecrazie handing negative rep points for being butt-hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                    I wonder if the USD student section will leave at halftime of the SDSU game? Actually I shouldn't wonder, it's a given; like coyotecrazie handing negative rep points for being butt-hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty funny -- at least he's spreading them around. Any Jacks fan who didn't receive neg rep points from coyotecrazie? He's apparently a little thin skinned about wisecracks made in a stupid smack thread started by a Fear Ed guy. And anyway, a neg rep point from a Fear Ed partisan is a compliment, isn't it?

Higher Ed vs. Fear Ed. SDSU = Higher Ed. USD claims Fear Ed.

Comment

November 14th looms large.
                      Speaking of that game, anyone know if it's sold out? I see they are holding off from selling to the public until November 5th. Just seeing if I need to somehow find a USD season ticket holder to get me some tickets, or if I can wait and comfortably get a ticket at the public opening. Hopefully it's not the former, because there aren't a whole lot of USD season ticket holders... and I don't blame them, I mean with the 'Dak-repit Dome' and the awful product on the field for years now... 2 home conference wins in four years of MVFC play? Yikes... Do they even have season ticket holders?

Comment

When is Dakota Days? Does a single Jackrabbit fan even know or care?

That said, its totally harmless and I suppose worth a chuckle or two.

As far as the football game.....SDSU has a huge opportunity tomorrow. Can't come out flat like we did against that team in yellow and green.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Fair enough, Yoteforever. PM me sometime in the next week or two if you'd like to make a dinner wager on this year's SDSU-USD game. I think I owe you the opportunity to try to make up for a wager you lost a season or two ago.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Funniest thing I've read all year. Especially coming from a guy who went to USD for grad school.

Comment

Originally posted by coyotecrazie5 View Post

Funniest thing I've read all year. Especially coming from a guy who went to USD for grad school.
                              Ha, I also went to USD for grad school, but I didn't have to step foot on campus until graduation, and I did so with a Jackrabbits pin on my gown, and a jacks shirt on underneath.

Comment

Still says a lot cappin

Comment

Working...
                                X