Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New (bogus) SDSU Jacks website just in time for Hobo Days

Originally posted by coyotecrazie5 View Post
    Come on, is that the best you have? Guy can't even spell rabbit correctly.

I didn't give all neg rep. Some posts I found funny against me and gave positive rep. Anyways, I've done enough to piss you all off and I feel satisfied. Good luck on Hobo Day and I hope it is an injury free game.
    Really? Is your purpose to piss people off and that makes you feel satisfied? You missed your goal. You haven't upset anyone. People are just messing with you while we wait for the game to start tomorrow.

On Halloween, does USD's Central Administration Marketing Dept. get cute and go with "Fear Dead"?

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      Can somebody ping Bisonville? At least their smack has some entertainment value.

/get off my lawn
      On this note, somebody ping TransAmBison and tell him all is forgiven. He's obnoxious, but at least he's not a complete idiot.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

On this note, somebody ping TransAmBison and tell him all is forgiven. He's obnoxious, but at least he's not a complete idiot.
        I blame TAB, as his Bizon made the Yotes feel good about themselves.

Comment

Just a partial?
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Just a partial?
            Everyone's a partial.

Polite people take turns.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              Yes, I'll acknowledge that Yoteforever paid off the lost wager promptly and generously. A guest and I enjoyed a free dinner and drinks at Rookies sports bar in Sioux Falls. Thanks, again, YF.
              You are most welcome. That's why college sports are so fun

Comment

Can somebody ping Bisonville? At least their smack has some entertainment value.

/get off my lawn
                They're still calculating the bad ref calls that cost them the game.

Comment

Originally posted by coyotecrazie5 View Post
                  SDSU was called Dakota Agricultural College until 1964.
                  Talked to a friend who is a USD grad. He made the same factual misstatement I have quoted above from coyotecrazie5. I told him he was wrong and he said he read it on the SDSU message board. Apparently some people not trained in critical thinking, believe everything they read on the internet! Coyotecrazie could have looked up the actual facts but elected not to do so. I'm confident that on the USD campus, the I M Weak Library would have the correct information.

Here are the facts: SDSU was founded in1881 as Dakota Agricultural College. In 1904, the name was changed to South Dakota State College of Agriculture and Mechanics Arts - SDSC for short. In 1964, SDSC was changed to South Dakota State University.

Of course, coyotecrazie's attempted point is to ridicule State's connection with the driving force in South Dakota's economy: agriculture -- a point of obvious pride as far as I'm concerned.

And, since we prefer humor in smack threads, I end with the following: prior to this weekend, some USD football fans thought they were going to win at UNI!

Comment

I believe that was the same UNI team that beat State College in the last game ever played on Hobo Days in Coughing Alumni Stadium
                    USD Fan

Comment

Exactly! We didn't beat them which made it particularly humorous to think the Yotes would.

Comment

Sometimes fans make a connection that because they beat someone another couldn't they could do it again. 😀

Comment

It's just another (worthless) smack thread.

Comment

Is this an announcement of new minimum-posting standards by Mods?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                              Is this an announcement of new minimum-posting standards by Mods?
                              Well, one of the minimum standards has pretty much always been "don't be a complete idiot." The Compliance Department here is not noted for ruthless efficiency, however. Capriciousness, yes, efficiency, no.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                                CAUTION ADDED BY JACKJD: I'm going to spoil what hareball apparently considers funny simply because it is such a monumental waste of time. You can still catch the spirit or intent of hareball's starting this thread. So, here's the warning: HAREBALL'S MESSAGE IN STARTING THIS THREAD, INCLUDES A LINK. IF YOU CLICK ON THE LINK, YOU ARE TAKEN TO THE USD ATHLETIC SITE. IF YOU WANT TO WASTE TIME, CLICK ON THE LINK AND ENJOY'S HAREBALL CLEVER HUMOR. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO WASTE TIME, DON'T CLICK ON THE LINK. Message to hareball: What is this? Revenge for having been Rick Rolled too many times? (To the uninitiated: Rick Rolled means clicking on a link that takes you to Rick Astley's music video "Never Gonna Give You Up", which was USD's unofficial school song in the 1980s.). JackJD

The new website is a huge upgrade over the old gojacks.com site: http://www.sdsujacks.com

Admin. , feel free to move as I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this thread.
                                FYI, looks like SDSU has taken over control of this domain name. It now redirects to sdstate.edu.

Comment

Working...
                                X