X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pellini Poetry

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    High profile figures in the entertainment industry
    Perhaps you are right, but those kinds of entertainers usually crash and burn eventually too.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
      See SDSUSmitty's post for your answer. He had it spot on.

I'm still baffled at how everyone is giving Eichorst a free pass just because he is "the boss".
      You are absolutely right. I mean, who can forget those SportCenter highlights with Eichorst putting his hands on players, turning beet red while screaming in their faces? And who doesn't remember the audio recordings of Eichorst telling fans to kiss his a$$? Or the stories of Eichorst's wife wearing FU SP gloves to a Nebraska/Oklahoma football game?

Wait a second, all of those were Bo Pelini. Why does everybody pick on poor, poor Bo Pelini.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
        Yawn. Nebraska haters need to come up with some new material. I'm a long time Husker fan. My expectations are not to have a head football coach that's an embarrassing asshat.
        Ding, ding, ding!!!!

Sure there is a subset of Nebraska fans who are unrealistic, but most are regular midwest folks who want to have a program they can be proud of. The win/loss record is only a part of program pride.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          Perhaps you are right, but those kinds of entertainers usually crash and burn eventually too.
          The sports and entertainment industries lead to some unorthodox work relations amongst employer and employee ( or Boss and Subordinate). While the boss may have authority, they can have certain subordinates who have higher public profiles, and sometimes even have a larger salary. Being that fans/viewers are the business's customers, the boss has to take their opinions into account when making decisions, which means they might have to deal with things normal "bosses" wouldn't tolerate.

The fact is, the tougher you are to replace, the more you can get away with as an employee. Right or wrong, that's the way it is.

In terms or more " removed from the public eye" positions. There are definitely highly specialized, intelligent people who bosses will put up with their excentricies because so few people can do what they do.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

If being an asshat is all it takes to get fired, I know a lot of former coworkers who should have gotten canned 10 times over. Maybe he doesnt fit the midwestern personality well, but still dont know if that enough to lose your job over when you collectively did better then 3/4 of your confrence teams. I guess I see it as more of a he his is ceiling at Neb, 9 wins was the best he could get which I feel was more of a reason to look to move on.

On a seperate note does the new coach have an new asst coaches hired yet and are there any current neb assistants who are maybe able to stay on?
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              If being an asshat is all it takes to get fired, I know a lot of former coworkers who should have gotten canned 10 times over. Maybe he doesnt fit the midwestern personality well, but still dont know if that enough to lose your job over when you collectively did better then 3/4 of your confrence teams. I guess I see it as more of a he his is ceiling at Neb, 9 wins was the best he could get which I feel was more of a reason to look to move on.

On a seperate note does the new coach have an new asst coaches hired yet and are there any current neb assistants who are maybe able to stay on?
              I think we can all agree that if you don't see eye to eye with your boss and think they might be looking for a reason to fire you, giving them ammunition isn't going to help your cause much. Bo Pelini didn't do himself many favors outside of the win/loss column.

Comment

I think we can all agree that if you don't see eye to eye with your boss and think they might be looking for a reason to fire you, giving them ammunition isn't going to help your cause much. Bo Pelini didn't do himself many favors outside of the win/loss column.
                He sure didnt help his cause any. like they say winning cures all, but he wasnt winning the big games they needed too.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Ding, ding, ding!!!!

Sure there is a subset of Nebraska fans who are unrealistic, but most are regular midwest folks who want to have a program they can be proud of. The win/loss record is only a part of program pride.
                  So they should hire a coach with a Frank Solich type temperment - Oh wait , he was run out of Lincoln after averaging 9 1/2 wins per season too.
                  Last edited by bigticket1; 12-19-2014, 05:52 PM.

Comment

I'm among those who don't really care if the Huskers win or lose. Pelini was just a poor example for young men. Some football players may have liked him, but he came across as a high-profile jerk to most everyone else. He was an embarrassment to UN-Lincoln and he probably will be an embarrassment to YSU. He should be an assistant in the pros. He'd fit in better there and he'd be dealing with grown men.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                      A free pass from what?
                      Well, to quote multiple posters on this thread, he's getting a free pass for being an "asshat" as well.

Comment

Ding, ding, ding!!!!

Let's see how far that "program pride" goes when Riley doesn't win as much as Bo did.

Comment

Let's see how far that "program pride" goes when Riley doesn't win as much as Bo did.
                          It isn't about the number of wins. It is about the opponents those wins come against. I'm certain that Riley could have won the same games that Bo did since 99% of them were games NU was supposed to win.
                          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Well, to quote multiple posters on this thread, he's getting a free pass for being an "asshat" as well.
                            How was he an "asshat"?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              How was he an "asshat"?
                              Doing your job sometimes makes you an asshat in some peoples eyes, It was a matter that if the AD did not do something then he would be without a job too. Don't for a second, think that there are no pressures in Huskerland.

Comment

Why would a program keep a coach that doesn't win? If Riley doesn't win as much as Bo did, of course he won't be there long. This is obvious.

It is insane to thing Bo Pelini is the only guy that could muster 9 wins in Lincoln, Nebraska. Lincoln isn't Miami, Tallahassee, Austin, etc, but it isn't Laramie either.

If Riley wins the same number of games as Bo did, and proves as likable as his history suggests, he will have a long career at Nebraska.

Comment

Working...
                                X