Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pellini Poetry

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
    Why all the hate for Bo and no mention of Eichorst's doings in this thread? Bo is who he is. He wasn't any different at his previous jobs. Nebraska knew what they were getting. He loved his players and his players loved him. Just look at how they reacted to his firing on Twitter. Put yourself in Bo's shoes. A player recorded his speech (which was closed to the public) at an off-campus location. I'm sure many of you have said things about your bosses in private that you'd never want made public.

Eichorst brought security to his meeting with the players. You know who else did that? The UAB president brought security when he informed the players he was shutting down the program. Eichorst has no relationship with the players. So many coaches wanted to play for Eichorst that he was able to secure the one and only Mike Riley (L-O-L). Nebraska fans that are trying to pass that off as a good hire are as delusional as they've ever been. Bielema's reps told him not to touch that job with a 10-foot pole. Nebraska fans should be prepared for more mediocrity until they get their house in order.

Bo increases the profile of the Valley and I think that's a good thing. He'll turn YSU around. Ol' Urbie's life on the recruiting trail in the Ohio region just got tougher.
    I've had employees with Bo Pelini's personality before, the amount of relief I felt when they were fired or quit cannot be described.

Honestly, Bo just probably isn't cut out to be a head FBS coach in today's environent. Winning football games is only part of the equation, with relationships probably being almost as important. You have to control boosters/fans/media/administrators and more. His personality doesn't fit that mold, IMO.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
      He should never have been allowed to talk to the team once he was fired. He was basically telling these kids that the school he worked for and recruited them too doesn't support them. I guess if you can't win with them, you have to try to drag them down.

I'm sure his angry, spiteful attitude will bring attention to the Valley. But as far as his coaching goes, well I'm not sure he is any better than what is in the league now.

He isn't going to take an Ohio State kid away from that program. Maybe he will get a kid that is a 4th or 5th option once and awhile.
      As this string began with, poetic justice would be for Meyer to pluck away a YSU commit with a preferred walkon at precisely midnight before signing day.

Comment

If Bo Pelini won a Big 10 championship or went to a BCS bowl game at least once I bet no one would care what his personality is. They would probably admire him for his abrasive personality, loving his "old school" mentality. Nebraska fans are stuck in the past, they can't accept that they can't win the National Championship every year. Do I think there are better coaches than Pelini for Nebraska? Yes, definitely. But Mike Riley!? Really!? That's the best you could come up with!? You might as well kept Bo for another year or two. I see another 3 or 4 years with 8 or 9 wins each year.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUSmitty View Post
          If Bo Pelini won a Big 10 championship or went to a BCS bowl game at least once I bet no one would care what his personality is. They would probably admire him for his abrasive personality, loving his "old school" mentality. Nebraska fans are stuck in the past, they can't accept that they can't win the National Championship every year. Do I think there are better coaches than Pelini for Nebraska? Yes, definitely. But Mike Riley!? Really!? That's the best you could come up with!? You might as well kept Bo for another year or two. I see another 3 or 4 years with 8 or 9 wins each year.
          I think the opposite is true too though, if he was a nice guy that the fans liked and won 9 games he would still probably be the coach at Nebraska.

IMO, the fans/media/administration/boosters got tired of his attitude, and it wasn't worth putting up with for 9 win seasons anymore.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

The full audio of that rant is ridiculous. Nice lesson for the young men: If you get fired, trash the place on your way out. Imagine if you're a parent of a student athlete thinking about sending your son far from home to college. Who would you rather have leading the team and teaching your son: Bo Pelini or John Stiegelmeier? Pelini is a train-wreck waiting to happen. He's going to embarrass YSU (again... he already has) at some point, bank on it. I just can't imagine that he's a good fit for FCS football, or for head coaching in general. He needs to be a coordinator at a big-time program where he'll be isolated from the media and fans. The guy was an embarrassment to UN-L, and he'll be an embarrassment at YSU, too.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              I wonder how large of a donation to the Pride would be sufficient to persuade them to play "There Is No Place Like Nebraska" as YSU takes the field in the new stadium for the first time?

(Assuming of course Bo is still coach there by then.)
              Now that would be embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                I wonder how large of a donation to the Pride would be sufficient to persuade them to play "There Is No Place Like Nebraska" as YSU takes the field in the new stadium for the first time?

(Assuming of course Bo is still coach there by then.)
                Oh, my! That would be hilarious! Unfortunately, Bo is laughing all the way to the bank. Say Youngstown State is paying him $300K, he still gets $1.2 million for the next five years from Nebraska.

The only thing that rant did was confirm to every Husker fan that they did the right thing in getting rid of him!

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                  I think the opposite is true too though, if he was a nice guy that the fans liked and won 9 games he would still probably be the coach at Nebraska.

IMO, the fans/media/administration/boosters got tired of his attitude, and it wasn't worth putting up with for 9 win seasons anymore.
                  Im not taking one side or the other on this topic, but because he doesnt do good interviews and doesnt care much for his boss apparently does that mean he really should have gotten the ax? He didnt do horrible at Neb, just some losses were really bad losses. I guess somedays I dont always feel my bosses always have my best interest at stake, but I guess Im not going to rant about it but probably a lot of people dont care much for the boss or supervisor, doesnt mean the should lose their job, espicially if most measurements show he did a good job overall. Now the pressure is on Neb to make it to some big 10 title games, and keep in the top 10 not just the top 25. If they struggle to keep at the 9 win level, fans and admin might change their view that putting up with the harshness of Bo was ok as long as they kept winning.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    Im not taking one side or the other on this topic, but because he doesnt do good interviews and doesnt care much for his boss apparently does that mean he really should have gotten the ax? He didnt do horrible at Neb, just some losses were really bad losses. I guess somedays I dont always feel my bosses always have my best interest at stake, but I guess Im not going to rant about it but probably a lot of people dont care much for the boss or supervisor, doesnt mean the should lose their job, espicially if most measurements show he did a good job overall. Now the pressure is on Neb to make it to some big 10 title games, and keep in the top 10 not just the top 25. If they struggle to keep at the 9 win level, fans and admin might change their view that putting up with the harshness of Bo was ok as long as they kept winning.
                    FBS football is a business. What business do you know of where an employee could be a jerk to their boss, publicly embarrass the company over and over, and tell customers they can "kiss my a$$ out the f------ door?"

Comment

What business do you know of where an employee could be a jerk to their boss, publicly embarrass the company over and over, and tell customers they can "kiss my a$$ out the f------ door?"
                      High profile figures in the entertainment industry
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

FBS football is a business. What business do you know of where an employee could be a jerk to their boss, publicly embarrass the company over and over, and tell customers they can "kiss my a$$ out the f------ door?"
                        See SDSUSmitty's post for your answer. He had it spot on.

I'm still baffled at how everyone is giving Eichorst a free pass just because he is "the boss".

Comment

I'm still baffled at how everyone is giving Eichorst a free pass just because he is "the boss".
                          I can not imagine Eichorst making this decision without some outside pressure, and the subtle President said nothing which would hint at approval. I don't think Eichorst got a free pass. If your major boosters are pressuring you to fire Bo, then that's what you do.
                          I really think that's what was going on in Lincoln. Nine wins or not, this is what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUSmitty View Post
                            Yawn. Nebraska haters need to come up with some new material. I'm a long time Husker fan. My expectations are not to have a head football coach that's an embarrassing asshat.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                              The full audio of that rant is ridiculous. Nice lesson for the young men: If you get fired, trash the place on your way out. Imagine if you're a parent of a student athlete thinking about sending your son far from home to college. Who would you rather have leading the team and teaching your son: Bo Pelini or John Stiegelmeier? Pelini is a train-wreck waiting to happen. He's going to embarrass YSU (again... he already has) at some point, bank on it. I just can't imagine that he's a good fit for FCS football, or for head coaching in general. He needs to be a coordinator at a big-time program where he'll be isolated from the media and fans. The guy was an embarrassment to UN-L, and he'll be an embarrassment at YSU, too.
                              Exactly. Pelini sounded like a parent going through a divorce who try getting their children on their side by blaming everything on their spouse.

Comment

See SDSUSmitty's post for your answer. He had it spot on.

A free pass from what?

Comment

Working...
                                X