Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pellini Poetry

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    Those of you who know Stig, will there be special joy taken in beating the 'Guins in coming seasons?
    Yes always.

Comment

does anyone know if any coach has successfully navigated this move from Big 12-like conference to MVFC-level conference?

Comment

does anyone know if any coach has successfully navigated this move from Big 12-like conference to MVFC-level conference?
        Craig Bohl did OK, although it isn't a perfect parallel.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Turner Gill from Kansas to Liberty.

Comment

Originally posted by unobovine View Post
            Turner Gill from Kansas to Liberty.
            Gill has a much more supportive administration at Liberty (as well as tradition of winning) than Kansas. Kansas is a disasterous football program, and like Iowa St. has not won many titles over the years. This is a very comparable change.

I will note that Bo is a very "oily" persona. How he mixes with Tressel, and the YSU AD will determine how he survives there. Absolutely correct about contrast to Coach Stig - Holy Nutmeg!

Comment

Why all the hate for Bo and no mention of Eichorst's doings in this thread? Bo is who he is. He wasn't any different at his previous jobs. Nebraska knew what they were getting. He loved his players and his players loved him. Just look at how they reacted to his firing on Twitter. Put yourself in Bo's shoes. A player recorded his speech (which was closed to the public) at an off-campus location. I'm sure many of you have said things about your bosses in private that you'd never want made public.

Eichorst brought security to his meeting with the players. You know who else did that? The UAB president brought security when he informed the players he was shutting down the program. Eichorst has no relationship with the players. So many coaches wanted to play for Eichorst that he was able to secure the one and only Mike Riley (L-O-L). Nebraska fans that are trying to pass that off as a good hire are as delusional as they've ever been. Bielema's reps told him not to touch that job with a 10-foot pole. Nebraska fans should be prepared for more mediocrity until they get their house in order.

Bo increases the profile of the Valley and I think that's a good thing. He'll turn YSU around. Ol' Urbie's life on the recruiting trail in the Ohio region just got tougher.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                Why all the hate for Bo and no mention of Eichorst's doings in this thread? Bo is who he is. He wasn't any different at his previous jobs. Nebraska knew what they were getting. He loved his players and his players loved him. Just look at how they reacted to his firing on Twitter. Put yourself in Bo's shoes. A player recorded his speech (which was closed to the public) at an off-campus location. I'm sure many of you have said things about your bosses in private that you'd never want made public.

Eichorst brought security to his meeting with the players. You know who else did that? The UAB president brought security when he informed the players he was shutting down the program. Eichorst has no relationship with the players. So many coaches wanted to play for Eichorst that he was able to secure the one and only Mike Riley (L-O-L). Nebraska fans that are trying to pass that off as a good hire are as delusional as they've ever been. Bielema's reps told him not to touch that job with a 10-foot pole. Nebraska fans should be prepared for more mediocrity until they get their house in order.

Bo increases the profile of the Valley and I think that's a good thing. He'll turn YSU around. Ol' Urbie's life on the recruiting trail in the Ohio region just got tougher.
                Meh...I don't think Urban and The OSU are recruiting the same kids in Ohio that Youngstown State will be targeting. OSU is recruiting 4 and 5 star kids nationally.

Now, if you would have said that recruiting will be tougher for Pitt or any of the MAC schools that recruit Ohio and the Youngstown recruiting footprint, I'd completely agree. Pelini will do well for the program at YSU.
                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

UNO cut two successful programs on the transition to D1. Wrestling program won consecutive titles when they were informed that night they won the program was dead. Coach Dennney had every reason to piss and cry to his players about admin who did not support him and AD did not see eye to eye. He took the high road and did what was best for him and his team. He handled the adverse situation with class and found a new home down it St Louis.

Pelini ni did not do that, he pissed to everyone and scorched the earth on the way out. Glad he is gone and hope everyone in conference beat the crap out of his team.

Comment

He should never have been allowed to talk to the team once he was fired. He was basically telling these kids that the school he worked for and recruited them too doesn't support them. I guess if you can't win with them, you have to try to drag them down.

I'm sure his angry, spiteful attitude will bring attention to the Valley. But as far as his coaching goes, well I'm not sure he is any better than what is in the league now.

He isn't going to take an Ohio State kid away from that program. Maybe he will get a kid that is a 4th or 5th option once and awhile.
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

The problem with Bo is that he always plays the "us vs. them" card. It works for Bo as his players typically love him and will play hard for him.

In order to do that you always have to have a villain whether real or imagined. Eventually after doing it long enough you can't tell the difference and your just bitter toward everone. That was kind of Bo at the end......whether it was the AD, the President or the fans Bo kind of hated everyone short of his players.

I think he will do well back in Ohio where his roots are.

Comment

Heard the recording of the players meeting. There is nothing that surprised me about that. He has shown no class since day one and that is why he was shown the door. He said that all he is worried about the players but then just goes on and on about his situation and taking shots at the administration. Bo knows one thing. Bo loves himself some Bo. That audiotape just solidified everything in the minds of every Husker fan.

Good riddance at UNL! Can't wait to see him here in 2016.

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I personally do not hate this man. In fact I don't know a bunch about this guy. If anyone can turn YSU around Bo probably can, but the abundant resources available at Nebraska is something he will not find at YSU. Hopefully he can get the community support going for him. He has got a coming off season of true freshman QB to work with. YSU is not a bad program but can only get better with the local talent that's available. Dan Jackson said on 1620, that the QB at YSU will be one of the best in the MVFC and I believe him. If high school football in SD was as good as that in the Youngstown area, we would be pulling all kinds of local guys. Even a few from NW Iowa.

Comment

There can be no reasonable expectation of privacy when you're talking to a room of 100 people (or however team members were present) that you don't control or no longer control. Surely, Bo-Bo realized that. If not, he's still got a lot left to figure out about providing good leadership.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Of course, I don't think Nebraska handled it well with their press release last night. They could have taken the high road in their response to Beau but instead decided to get right into the mudslinging with him. Personally, I expected better of Tom Osborne's old program.
                              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                                Heard the recording of the players meeting. There is nothing that surprised me about that. He has shown no class since day one and that is why he was shown the door. He said that all he is worried about the players but then just goes on and on about his situation and taking shots at the administration. Bo knows one thing. Bo loves himself some Bo. That audiotape just solidified everything in the minds of every Husker fan.

Good riddance at UNL! Can't wait to see him here in 2016.

SUPERBUNNY
                                I wonder how large of a donation to the Pride would be sufficient to persuade them to play "There Is No Place Like Nebraska" as YSU takes the field in the new stadium for the first time?

(Assuming of course Bo is still coach there by then.)
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X