Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In a shocker, Stu Whitney writes stupid thing.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In a shocker, Stu Whitney writes stupid thing.

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    So you want him to apologize AND leave the Tweet that offended up?
    First of all, it didn't offend me. I just thought it was stupid. Secondly, I think it's a copout to delete it. That's just me, though. I can't wait to be immature about it and make jokes about this at poor Stu's expense.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I've never understood being offended by a stupid comment on twitter, I think we've lost sight of what offended really is. Maybe it's because I grew up in the heart of the "sticks and stones" era (or is it an epoch, or an age?) but that's how I feel.

Now to get back to the smack... Stu is a twatwaffle.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
        I've never understood being offended by a stupid comment on twitter, I think we've lost sight of what offended really is. Maybe it's because I grew up in the heart of the "sticks and stones" era (or is it an epoch, or an age?) but that's how I feel.

Now to get back to the smack... Stu is a twatwaffle.
        It is very much possible to not be offended by something, still think what was said was stupid/irresponsible, and then mock/ridicule/shame the person who said it.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I don't think its an offensive tweet, more just a stupid tweet. I sometimes tweet things, and then 30 minutes later a friend of mine will text me and say take that down, its stupid. The good thing for me is I have 100 followers where Stu has over a 1,000.

I guess this doesn't even get on my top ten why Stu pisses me off list. Traffic sucks and when your stuck in traffic you blame things, and when you have a smart phone and twitter you can do it while stuck in traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
            Twatwaffle? Never heard that one. Care if place that in my lexicon for future use?
            Its what I thought it was. Not very nice, but I called TK a bad name too. Like Stu, I share regret.
            Last edited by Nidaros; 07-15-2014, 07:41 AM.

Comment

And Stu just can't stop...

"Saw this guy holding up traffic today. Decided not to get involved."
              (Picture of horse and carriage)
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Someone should tweet stu to avoid down town since its the hot summer nights tonight.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

That last one is Stu at his best. Being a snarky, talentless hack. I'm sure he chuckled to himself for 5 minutes on that one. Twatwaffle!

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

http://theantijared.com/2014/07/make...sty-tweet.html
                    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

It really seems like he is trying to get fired.
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Thanks. That was great.

You would think after Stu went through his recent health issue (heart attack) he would have chimed down his snarkiness. He just doesn't get it.

Comment

So he made a mistake. Didn't realize what Hot Harley Nights was all about (I didn't either for the record) and sent out a tweet he shouldn't have. So he apologized. Great. Most of us could forgive him.

But, then he sends out a couple follow-up tweets that basically ridicule this event with out coming out and saying it. A sucker punch you might say.

I'm amazed the Argus doesn't do something. Maybe they can't because he technically has freedom of speech.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            But, then he sends out a couple follow-up tweets that basically ridicule this event with out coming out and saying it. A sucker punch you might say.
                            Please stop. Everyone needs to stop making this into more than it is. He made a mistake, quite possibly not even knowing what HHN was for (me included), and then apologized for it. Perhaps he was making lite at himself in his follow up tweets.

Or since I wrote the above to defend Stu is everyone going to jump to conclusions and say that I hate Make-A-Wish and sick kids too?

As my daughter would say (I mean sing) "Let it Go". There are far worse things going on this country and the world to get worked up about.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              So he made a mistake. Didn't realize what Hot Harley Nights was all about (I didn't either for the record) and sent out a tweet he shouldn't have. So he apologized. Great. Most of us could forgive him.

I'm amazed the Argus doesn't do something. Maybe they can't because he technically has freedom of speech.
                              The Argus isn't a governmental entity. Therefore, the First Amendment has no application. He's free to say what he wants, but the Argus, as a private company, can fire him if they chose to do so. Think Duck Dynasty. That dude's First Amendment right wasn't violated either when the TV network canned him. Or didn't can him because they brought him back, or whatever. I didn't follow that too closely.

That's just a rough overview, there are a lot of other elements that could affect an analysis of the situation, such as whether he is an at-will employee or has a contract and whether his conduct violates the contract, for example, but the First Amendment isn't one of them.

Just want to clear up any misconceptions about the First Amendment. This hasn't been legal advice for any of you reading this.

Stu did make a mistake and he has apologized. He should probably just stay off twitter for a bit, for his own sake.
                              Last edited by KUlawJack; 07-16-2014, 04:20 PM.
                              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                                The Argus isn't a governmental entity. Therefore, the First Amendment has no application. He's free to say what he wants, but the Argus, as a private company, can fire him if they chose to do so. Think Duck Dynasty. That dude's First Amendment right wasn't violated either when the TV network canned him. Or didn't can him because they brought him back, or whatever. I didn't follow that too closely.

That's just a rough overview, there are a lot of other elements that could affect an analysis of the situation, such as whether he is an at-will employee or has a contract and whether his conduct violates the contract, for example, but the First Amendment isn't one of them.

Just want to clear up any misconceptions about the First Amendment. That wasn't legal advice.

Stu did make a mistake and he has apologized. He should probably just stay off twitter for a bit, for his own sake.
                                If he isnt twatwaffling then what else are we suppose to talk about all summer besides basketball schedule and waiting for fall camp to start.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X