Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bison Excuses

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    In ND it only counts as a sport if your team happens to currently be good at it. See women's basketball and Summit League Tournament attendence since "Woodside and company" graduated. This is something for the relatively few bison BB fans to keep in mind for next year. You'll have plenty of free time during the LONG winter.
    Careful, careful, your accurate assessment may bring out the "butfootball" in them.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      Careful, careful, you'll bring out the "butfootball" in them.
      It certainly doesn't take much to invoke a butfootball argument either.

I saw the other day on their forum, somebody posted a thread about a 6th man award... in their football section. Followed by several posters to the effect of "woo-hoo, NDSU fans are the greatest!" No doubt, their FOOTBALL fans are great (when their teams are great), but their basketball fans are lukewarm at best. Even when they have one of the best teams in the league.

I think the state of NDSU basketball would vastly improve simply by renaming it "5 man football" or "winter football." Women's basketball would become "women's football." Would probably get their fanbase really excited.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        "woo-hoo, NDSU fans are the greatest!" No doubt, their FOOTBALL fans are great (when their teams are great)
        We outdrew SDSU by a huge margin when the Bison went 3-8 and the Jacks went 8-3, so piss off with the bandwagon implications.

And for how great your basketball fans are, I sure haven't seen many in Fargo for the border battle games.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
          We outdrew SDSU by a huge margin when the Bison went 3-8 and the Jacks went 8-3, so piss off with the bandwagon implications.

And for how great your basketball fans are, I sure haven't seen many in Fargo for the border battle games.

BSA sucks. A trip to Fargo to sit in there is reserved for those deserving punishment. I hear that if the Jackrabbit players don't play better they are going to be required to attend the remaining Bison home games.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Get your shots in on the BSA now, only a few games left in that dump.

That said Bison fans don't have much more time left in making fun of your football pasture either I guess. Lots of good smack material is going away!

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
              Get your shots in on the BSA now, only a few games left in that dump.

That said Bison fans don't have much more time left in making fun of your football pasture either I guess. Lots of good smack material is going away!
              Seriously? You've finally been ok'd to improve that place?
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                Seriously? You've finally been ok'd to improve that place?
                Yep, the entire place will be gutted in April. Basketball games will be at the dome or off campus at Scheels Arena until January 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  BSA sucks. A trip to Fargo to sit in there is reserved for those deserving punishment. I hear that if the Jackrabbit players don't play better they are going to be required to attend the remaining Bison home games.
                  That's it! Putting a bet down on the Jacks! With that kind of motivation how can they lose?

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post

You have a bigger indoor stadium in a MUCH larger city... not exactly an apples/apples comparison, but ok. That year, SDSU's average attendance was well over stadium capacity. In 2011 we went 5-6, still over stadium capacity. Can you say the same for NDSU? How was tailgating back then?

NDSU fans can't even drive 4 hours for 4 days of basketball in March. You expect us to drive into a frozen tundra for 1 game where the temperature in the gym could be the same as in the parking lot?
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I always enjoyed the Fargo games when the men and women played Friday and Saturday games. The people around the BSA were always friendly outside of a very few. Now that we have mirror schedules and 1 game the same day as a home game, it is more difficult to make the trip. We could talk about moving the Fargo games to Frost for the Bison games either as a doubleheader or 2 day affair during the rebuild of the BSA. Since the Bison travel well, they should have a sellout.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        That's it! Putting a bet down on the Jacks! With that kind of motivation how can they lose?
                        Not so fast....I've heard that Saul said if the Bison don't play well the team bus isn't going to Fargo but instead the team will be staying at Vermillion until their game next Thursday.

Comment

Not so fast....I've heard that Saul said if the Bison don't play well the team bus isn't going to Fargo but instead the team will be staying at Vermillion until their game next Thursday.
                          Ah, common ground on which all Bison and Jacks can stand.
                          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

That's solid Coyotesmack. Well played.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

That's high-quality deflection. A true veteran move. Well played!

Comment

Now the question becomes is Fargo > Verm or is Verm > Fargo.

Hmmm.....

Comment

Working...
                                X