Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD getting new turf

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
    We are. Your question was who has grass? I was attempting to be funny but apparently missed. Just saw Ted so other things were on my mind.
    You're going to watch the Yotes play and say: "still better than Katy Perry".

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      That's a pretty ambitious project. I hope Rapid City can get it built and definitely agree that it could have big potential for the new home of the highschool football championships. Who would play there during the rest of the fall? They would need to keep a place that like occupied.
      What in the world do they need a 20,000 seat indoor football facility in Rapid city for??
      BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
        What in the world do they need a 20,000 seat indoor football facility in Rapid city for??
        Maybe they are taking The Dark Knight Rises very seriously?

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/201...om-rapid-city/
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Yote53 View Post
          I'm confused. The old USD turf was not that hard at all. I used to run laps on it before the new Wellness Center opened up and it had much, much more cushion to it than the previous turf (which was the original Dome turf). Is the original turf what you are referring to? I don't think the Jacks have played but maybe a couple games on the current turf that is being replaced, and that was back when it was brand new.
          I'll definitely take your word for it since you have recent experience checking out the turf. Heaven knows that a grass field like ours gets pretty darned hard in November. Wish we had Field Turf. The new USD turf design looks pretty cool. The Dome has been upgraded a lot since the last time I was in there. I'm anxious to see it in person at some point.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
            We are. Your question was who has grass? I was attempting to be funny but apparently missed. Just saw Ted so other things were on my mind.
            FULL CONFESSION: I thought originally you meant we weren't in smack. Then I reread it and got what you meant. Actually it was funny although I didn't think about it originally because I am not a pothead. It was funny so kudos to you.

Comment

I could be wrong, but from the pictures, it looks like they are building a 20,000 seat multi-purpose facility.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                I could be wrong, but from the pictures, it looks like they are building a 20,000 seat multi-purpose facility.
                According to this story 15,000 to 20,000 is about right. To tjbison, RC is a tourist town - way more then SF or Fargo - they want to get big time events. Sioux Falls also has made a lot of noise that it should be the home for every HS Championship in the state with their new event center and I am sure that didn't sit well with the folks in the Black Hills. There has also been talk of an indoor football team and finally it could be the football home for many Black Hills area HS football teams - for one night or for a season.

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/cha...386ef1bb9.html

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/civ...964349b30.html

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                  Still doesnt make sense, what is going to fill the arena to make it a profit center? Denver is way to close and to stop in Rapid over say SF or Fargo is a joke, todays economy isnt allowing the luxory of huge arenas in every town anymore. Example is Grand Forks, they thought that if they but something they would make a cash flow, but guess what they got concerts that had already been to Fargo, Winnipeg and MSP several time and end up losing money all the time, my guess is they are banking on bigindoor shows during Sturgis and some theater stuff thru the year to make it float. If I were a taxpayer in Rapid city i would be a little scared of such a huge project in an area that is pretty isolated with Wyoming to the west and a deserted NE to the south
                  BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Still doesnt make sense, what is going to fill the arena to make it a profit center? Denver is way to close and to stop in Rapid over say SF or Fargo is a joke, todays economy isnt allowing the luxory of huge arenas in every town anymore. Example is Grand Forks, they thought that if they but something they would make a cash flow, but guess what they got concerts that had already been to Fargo, Winnipeg and MSP several time and end up losing money all the time, my guess is they are banking on bigindoor shows during Sturgis and some theater stuff thru the year to make it float. If I were a taxpayer in Rapid city i would be a little scared of such a huge project in an area that is pretty isolated with Wyoming to the west and a deserted NE to the south
                    I agree. It would be cool but not sure how much its needed. Also sf is the only sd city that has proven to support high school state tournaments. I could see it getting the nod over the dome or every other year but frankly untill west river teams start to compete for football championships I don't see it leaving verm unfortunatly.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      I agree. It would be cool but not sure how much its needed. Also sf is the only sd city that has proven to support high school state tournaments. I could see it getting the nod over the dome or every other year but frankly untill west river teams start to compete for football championships I don't see it leaving verm unfortunatly.
                      Yep, im not being an ass but reallty when you look at it Rapid is a long ways from anything, would be the same as Dickinson ND planning this, granted what is happening in Western ND is a much larger scope of things, but SF with a 10,000 seat FB arena wins over the long ass boring drive to Rapid to play in a stale 20K seat facility
                      BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Yep, im not being an ass but reallty when you look at it Rapid is a long ways from anything, would be the same as Dickinson ND planning this, granted what is happening in Western ND is a much larger scope of things, but SF with a 10,000 seat FB arena wins over the long ass boring drive to Rapid to play in a stale 20K seat facility
                        Really? You are comparing Rapid City to Dickinson? Really? Not to be an ass but people come from all over North America to go to RC there is no place in ND that compares to Rapid City and/or the Black Hills

Comment

Rapid City equals Dickinson? Get serious.

Rapid has a history of drawing decent acts. Elvis's second-to-last concert was in Rapid, and it was the basis of a CBS special shown after his death in '77. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WL31ct36Pc

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                            Rapid City equals Dickinson? Get serious.

Rapid has a history of drawing decent acts. Elvis's second-to-last concert was in Rapid, and it was the basis of a CBS special shown after his death in '77. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WL31ct36Pc
                            So your saying they had a big act over 30 years ago?
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

No he and others are saying that Mt Rushmore attracts more out of state people than the Dickenson State University rodeo team. Thats about all there is in Dickensen, pretty much a one horse town still despite the oil boom.

Comment

No, I am saying that one of the quintessential appearances of the biggest musical icon in history had a concert in Rapid City. This was part of a CBS special that Elvis signed months before he died. Dickinson would not have been on anyone's radar for that kind of event.

Comment

Working...
                                X