Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gophers or Bison?

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    Ok. I changed my mind. I hope the Bison win by about 24 to shut the guy up that wrote this crap:

http://www.gophertailgate.com/2011/0...mbers-numbers/
    Its official, some Gopher fans are delusional and absolutely clueless and I'll be cheering the Bison this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
      Ok. I changed my mind. I hope the Bison win by about 24 to shut the guy up that wrote this crap:

http://www.gophertailgate.com/2011/0...mbers-numbers/
      Last 5 scores of games with MN vs. FCS:

2010 MN vs. USD 38-41 L

2009 MN vs. SDSU 16-13 W

2008 MN vs. Montana State 35-23 W

2007 MN vs. NDSU 21-27 L

2006 MN vs. NDSU 10-9 W

Minnesota is 3-2 in FCS games the past 5 years. Combined +7 overall in points. I can't belive they're this overconfident and I AM A GOPHER FAN!
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Given the UofM's inability to be competative in a weak Big 10 that type of dismissive boasting is just plain sad. I think we need a new poll on whether gopher football would be successful as an FCS program.
        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

I'd love to see the Bizon win like Ind St. did over WKU, and turn-around and fall to the Jacks this season.

Yes, the NDSU would be their typical gloating, "we're da best football" around fans should they win. Like the gopher fan article states this is a lose/lose for the Gophs. However, get the win, and it may count as that critical 6th win for UM to play in some no name bowl in mid Dec.

Kill is still building his team, and winning vs Bison, especially a decisive win, would show that progress has been made. However, the evidence is that UM has not progressed, even from last season, and IMHO, gophers are a road kill victim of the Hundering Terds.

Comment

To me, that article was written to get this sort of response and wasn't completely serious. That's how I read it anyway.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
              I'd love to see the Bizon win like Ind St. did over WKU, and turn-around and fall to the Jacks this season.

Yes, the NDSU would be their typical gloating, "we're da best football" around fans should they win.
              They don't do that now after two wins against patsies?

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                To me, that article was written to get this sort of response and wasn't completely serious. That's how I read it anyway.
                Agreed, the author has probably got heckled by to many SDSU/NDSU/USD fans and is embarrassed by the whole thing.
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  More than likely considering the ending:
                  Thoughts
                  Again, the game is a lose-lose game for the Gophers even having to play NDSU. Here’s hoping Kill can get the boys charged up enough and have enough pride to beat the Buffalo’s. Playing teams from the western border has been an absolute nightmare since 2006. In 06, the Gophers beat NDSU 10-9 on a blocked FG, in 07, they lost to NDSU, 09 just snuck past SDSU, and last year lost to South Dakota. While NDSU doesn’t have athletes like Gray, McKnight, Cooper, Stoudermire or Lair, they are extremely well coached, and rarely miss a tackle. The Gophers pass defense is so pathetic that a JUCO team would likely throw for over 300 yards. So with the pass defense as bad as it is, any team including NDSU has a good shot at knocking off the Gophers. If the Gophers play like they did in week 1 or 3, they’ll have a comfortable 10-20pt win. If they play like they did against NMSU, they’ll get beat. I think the Bison’s solid coaching will force Gray to throw the ball. If he can find a rhythm passing, the Gophers will roll, if he’s as bad as he’s been its going to be a long night. I’d like to think Minnesota is mature enough to knock the Bison out of the game and crush their hopes, but my experience tells me the game is a coin flip. Here’s hoping Goldy gets it done!

Gophers 27 – Little Green Men 24
                  Still, how many people got to the end or were so turned off by the beginning that they quit reading?

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
                    More than likely considering the ending:

Still, how many people got to the end or were so turned off by the beginning that they quit reading?
                    Its like he is insulting to both teams like he is clever. Frankly I have always been annoyed by the goofers program. They remind me of the viqueens. Every year they are going to be awesome just because we are Minnesota awesome and blah blah blah. I really had to interest in this game for the fact the bison have won 2 fbs games and the U dot even got one, but I would rather see the Bison win this game now. Just so when we beat them later this year its a little more sweet to ruin there season again.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

It's hard to get a read on the Bison because of their creampuff schedule. Advantage, Goofers. But I wouldn't bet more than $6.05 on them.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Gophers by 3 TD's. Won't be as close as past years by a long shot. Kill will have his team ready and there will be no let down. They learned the hard way from the NMSU game when they were 21 point favorites.
                        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Selected the don't care option because I really don't care. That said, I think the Bison will compete and have a chance to win. Gophers probably get the W by 7-10 points on their home field. If the game was played in the FFD I'd put my money on the Bison.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Finkle or einehorn? Finkle or einhorn?

Comment

Here's a better over-under. Will cumulative score between NDSU-Minnesota be over or under margin in Madison, Wis.?

Comment

Whats the line in Madison, 60.5?
                                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                                X