Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gophers or Bison?

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
    Well We have beat them in 2007 and 2011, USD beat them Last year only Dakota FCS team they have beat since 2007 is SDSU and all FCS Montana St. So yes Minnesota is bad but no matter they are a BCS team cant take that away from us, I know its hard to give NDSU any credit for totally outplaying them tonight and how well Brock played. But thats fine cause the Valley has 2 FBS wins this year ISU-B and NDSU
    A bit touchy? Whether you want to admit it or not your first sentence says just how bad Minnesota, a Big 10 program is. I give a lot of credit to NDSU, they seem to get up for big games and they have the talent to outplay some BCS schools. However my point is the same. MN is a terrible football program. No Big 10 school should be getting manhandled by a lower division school. Last night wasn't even close, I don't care who that lower division school is that should not happen to a major conference football team. What will happen to the Gophers the rest of the year in conference play is going to be ugly, very ugly. The Bison looked like they should have been paying MN for yesterday's game.

Now since this is smack, I still think UNI is a better team this year and I think SIU likely finishes 2nd in conference play. Sorry, I'm not interested in kissing the Bison's axx and Bohl still hasn't proven he can win week in and week out in the conference. This may be the year, he has the talent, we shall see.

Comment

Congratulations to the Bison but why the play by play of a game not involving the Jacks on the SDSU Forum? Who cares?

Time for a new thread

Comment

NDSU is good. Good QB. Good running back. Good defense. They'll have a good shot at winning the Valley and more this year. Minnesota isn't good by FBS standards, but they're no joke to an FCS team. NDSU looked really sharp.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Watching the Craig Bohl show. Not in Arlington SD. We have our hands full on Oct 22.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
            Congratulations to the Bison but why the play by play of a game not involving the Jacks on the SDSU Forum? Who cares?

Time for a new thread
            Rowdy Rabbit asked to keep the info coming, dont read it if you dont like it its pretty simple concept man
            BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              NDSU is good. Good QB. Good running back. Good defense. They'll have a good shot at winning the Valley and more this year. Minnesota isn't good by FBS standards, but they're no joke to an FCS team. NDSU looked really sharp.
              I don't have the Big 10 package so did not see the game, but caught all the highlights on Craig Bohl show. The Bison may have played with a great deal of emotion, but it was the right kind of emotion. Especially Marcus Williams picking up the fumble following an intercept, and running it in for six. Marcus is a Twin Cities kid so this was a big game for him, much like it was for Derek Domino a couple of years ago. They played 60 minutes of football and prove to be the better team on Sept 24, 2011. Next week they have ISU RED, which Bohl warned of downturn in spirits and a let down defeat. He does not want to see that happen. I think the ISU red 13 FBS transfers played a big role in yesterdays and last years games with SDSU. Lets see how these transfers stack up against the Bison.

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                Rowdy Rabbit asked to keep the info coming, dont read it if you dont like it its pretty simple concept man
                Well I for one like to see whats going on in the MVFC. Thanks tjbison.

Comment

Bison kicked their butt. No excuses needed, Bison are a better team than the Gophers.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I was rooting whole-heartedly for the Bison. They may be jerks, but they're OUR jerks . . .

(It's smack, after all! Almost all of the Bisonfolk I've met have been really good people, actually . . .)
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

how bad is Minn. my brother said they are pissed cause more Nebraska fans bought season tickets there than gopher fans did. can't get em in Lincoln so get em some where else for that game.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                        how bad is Minn. my brother said they are pissed cause more Nebraska fans bought season tickets there than gopher fans did. can't get em in Lincoln so get em some where else for that game.
                        Wisconsin Ticket office had over 20K requests from UN-L fans for the big game at Camp Randall next weekend.
                        BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                          That doesn't make sense. Are you really suggesting Nebraska fans bought more SEASON tickets than Gopher fans? I don't think that's correct. Did you mean Nebraska fans are buying up tickets for the game? I'm sure that's correct.

Comment

This thread should probably be moved from smack to MVFC...it's too nice!

I DVR'd the NDSU at Minnesota game and watched it last night. I was impressed with NDSU and not at all impressed with Minnesota. Clearly NDSU put its bye week to good use...excellent preparation by the coaches. I had wondered whether the two less-than-challenging opponents played by NDSU would really tell us much about the Bison. I don't need to think about that any more.

The replay shows the Bison executed almost flawlessly throughout the game. Minnesota executed poorly through most of the game. Some of the poor Minnesota play is just Minnesota, apparently. Coach Kill has a lot of work ahead of him -- I had guessed that by now he was starting to get his team back to fundamentally sound football but they're not even close. The Bison jumped on Minnesota errors just like a well-disciplined team should.

(Sure hope we see a repeat of 2007 when the Bison beat the Gophers and were undefeated before driving to Brookings.)

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                              That doesn't make sense. Are you really suggesting Nebraska fans bought more SEASON tickets than Gopher fans? I don't think that's correct. Did you mean Nebraska fans are buying up tickets for the game? I'm sure that's correct.
                              Here is a link to a story about Nebraska's game this weekend at Wisconsin. It is about this very thing, I doubt however there are more season tickets sold to Nebraska fans than to Minnesota fans. I wouldn't be surpised though if there was more red in the stands than Maroon and Yellow.

http://www.ketv.com/r/29301370/detail.html
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                                This thread should probably be moved from smack to MVFC...it's too nice!

I DVR'd the NDSU at Minnesota game and watched it last night. I was impressed with NDSU and not at all impressed with Minnesota. Clearly NDSU put its bye week to good use...excellent preparation by the coaches. I had wondered whether the two less-than-challenging opponents played by NDSU would really tell us much about the Bison. I don't need to think about that any more.

The replay shows the Bison executed almost flawlessly throughout the game. Minnesota executed poorly through most of the game. Some of the poor Minnesota play is just Minnesota, apparently. Coach Kill has a lot of work ahead of him -- I had guessed that by now he was starting to get his team back to fundamentally sound football but they're not even close. The Bison jumped on Minnesota errors just like a well-disciplined team should.

(Sure hope we see a repeat of 2007 when the Bison beat the Gophers and were undefeated before driving to Brookings.)
                                The Gophers definitely are not a good team at this point. Coach Kill will need some time to turn things around. About 1/2 of the players that Brewster recruited either never made it into school,or have already left for a variety of reasons. Therefore,the upper classes are low in numbers,and haven't been very well-coached up to this time. I think Kill can turn things around if his health will allow it.

Comment

Working...
                                X