X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SturgisJeff
    replied
    Re: Gophers or Bison?

leading up to the NDSU game Kill said he had had at least 20 seizures during the week.

Leave a comment:

• sfjacksfan99
    replied

I hate to continue the unsmack, but here it goes. NDSU continues to hit like a bunch of Mack trucks on defense, no different from what I remember in the Jacks game last year. Jensen is way more mobile than he looks. McNorton might be one of the best backs in the FCS. I used to not think he would be much better than his first year. Wrong by me. NDSU is a contender...for more than the MVFC title. Hate to say it, but they are.

And here's the smack. Gophers fans should be thoroughly embarrassed. Their program is a train wreck. And it's more than a couple of years, this is starting to be quite a few years. They should have been happy with the Glen Mason years when they beat the low end FBS teams and/or FCS game and the bottom of the Big Ten and went to the Music City Bowl.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    The Gophers definitely are not a good team at this point. Coach Kill will need some time to turn things around. About 1/2 of the players that Brewster recruited either never made it into school,or have already left for a variety of reasons. Therefore,the upper classes are low in numbers,and haven't been very well-coached up to this time. I think Kill can turn things around if his health will allow it.
    The Fargo Forum had a big article on Kill's health. The man is going into Mayo Clinic for more testing. They hope to get to the bottom of the problem which could include retirement from coaching as an option.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    This thread should probably be moved from smack to MVFC...it's too nice!

I DVR'd the NDSU at Minnesota game and watched it last night. I was impressed with NDSU and not at all impressed with Minnesota. Clearly NDSU put its bye week to good use...excellent preparation by the coaches. I had wondered whether the two less-than-challenging opponents played by NDSU would really tell us much about the Bison. I don't need to think about that any more.

The replay shows the Bison executed almost flawlessly throughout the game. Minnesota executed poorly through most of the game. Some of the poor Minnesota play is just Minnesota, apparently. Coach Kill has a lot of work ahead of him -- I had guessed that by now he was starting to get his team back to fundamentally sound football but they're not even close. The Bison jumped on Minnesota errors just like a well-disciplined team should.

(Sure hope we see a repeat of 2007 when the Bison beat the Gophers and were undefeated before driving to Brookings.)
    The Gophers definitely are not a good team at this point. Coach Kill will need some time to turn things around. About 1/2 of the players that Brewster recruited either never made it into school,or have already left for a variety of reasons. Therefore,the upper classes are low in numbers,and haven't been very well-coached up to this time. I think Kill can turn things around if his health will allow it.

Leave a comment:

• ringthebells
    replied

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    That doesn't make sense. Are you really suggesting Nebraska fans bought more SEASON tickets than Gopher fans? I don't think that's correct. Did you mean Nebraska fans are buying up tickets for the game? I'm sure that's correct.
    Here is a link to a story about Nebraska's game this weekend at Wisconsin. It is about this very thing, I doubt however there are more season tickets sold to Nebraska fans than to Minnesota fans. I wouldn't be surpised though if there was more red in the stands than Maroon and Yellow.

http://www.ketv.com/r/29301370/detail.html

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

This thread should probably be moved from smack to MVFC...it's too nice!

I DVR'd the NDSU at Minnesota game and watched it last night. I was impressed with NDSU and not at all impressed with Minnesota. Clearly NDSU put its bye week to good use...excellent preparation by the coaches. I had wondered whether the two less-than-challenging opponents played by NDSU would really tell us much about the Bison. I don't need to think about that any more.

The replay shows the Bison executed almost flawlessly throughout the game. Minnesota executed poorly through most of the game. Some of the poor Minnesota play is just Minnesota, apparently. Coach Kill has a lot of work ahead of him -- I had guessed that by now he was starting to get his team back to fundamentally sound football but they're not even close. The Bison jumped on Minnesota errors just like a well-disciplined team should.

(Sure hope we see a repeat of 2007 when the Bison beat the Gophers and were undefeated before driving to Brookings.)

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
    how bad is Minn. my brother said they are pissed cause more Nebraska fans bought season tickets there than gopher fans did. can't get em in Lincoln so get em some where else for that game.
    That doesn't make sense. Are you really suggesting Nebraska fans bought more SEASON tickets than Gopher fans? I don't think that's correct. Did you mean Nebraska fans are buying up tickets for the game? I'm sure that's correct.

Leave a comment:

• tjbison
    replied

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
    how bad is Minn. my brother said they are pissed cause more Nebraska fans bought season tickets there than gopher fans did. can't get em in Lincoln so get em some where else for that game.
    Wisconsin Ticket office had over 20K requests from UN-L fans for the big game at Camp Randall next weekend.

Leave a comment:

• SturgisJeff
    replied

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

I was rooting whole-heartedly for the Bison. They may be jerks, but they're OUR jerks . . .

(It's smack, after all! Almost all of the Bisonfolk I've met have been really good people, actually . . .)

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Bison kicked their butt. No excuses needed, Bison are a better team than the Gophers.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
    Rowdy Rabbit asked to keep the info coming, dont read it if you dont like it its pretty simple concept man
    Well I for one like to see whats going on in the MVFC. Thanks tjbison.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    NDSU is good. Good QB. Good running back. Good defense. They'll have a good shot at winning the Valley and more this year. Minnesota isn't good by FBS standards, but they're no joke to an FCS team. NDSU looked really sharp.
    I don't have the Big 10 package so did not see the game, but caught all the highlights on Craig Bohl show. The Bison may have played with a great deal of emotion, but it was the right kind of emotion. Especially Marcus Williams picking up the fumble following an intercept, and running it in for six. Marcus is a Twin Cities kid so this was a big game for him, much like it was for Derek Domino a couple of years ago. They played 60 minutes of football and prove to be the better team on Sept 24, 2011. Next week they have ISU RED, which Bohl warned of downturn in spirits and a let down defeat. He does not want to see that happen. I think the ISU red 13 FBS transfers played a big role in yesterdays and last years games with SDSU. Lets see how these transfers stack up against the Bison.

Leave a comment:

• tjbison
    replied

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    Congratulations to the Bison but why the play by play of a game not involving the Jacks on the SDSU Forum? Who cares?

Time for a new thread
    Rowdy Rabbit asked to keep the info coming, dont read it if you dont like it its pretty simple concept man

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Watching the Craig Bohl show. Not in Arlington SD. We have our hands full on Oct 22.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X