X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimmyJack
    replied
    Re: Gophers or Bison?

NDSU is good. Good QB. Good running back. Good defense. They'll have a good shot at winning the Valley and more this year. Minnesota isn't good by FBS standards, but they're no joke to an FCS team. NDSU looked really sharp.

Leave a comment:

• NoVaJack
    replied

Congratulations to the Bison but why the play by play of a game not involving the Jacks on the SDSU Forum? Who cares?

Time for a new thread

Leave a comment:

• jacksfan29
    replied

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
    Well We have beat them in 2007 and 2011, USD beat them Last year only Dakota FCS team they have beat since 2007 is SDSU and all FCS Montana St. So yes Minnesota is bad but no matter they are a BCS team cant take that away from us, I know its hard to give NDSU any credit for totally outplaying them tonight and how well Brock played. But thats fine cause the Valley has 2 FBS wins this year ISU-B and NDSU
    A bit touchy? Whether you want to admit it or not your first sentence says just how bad Minnesota, a Big 10 program is. I give a lot of credit to NDSU, they seem to get up for big games and they have the talent to outplay some BCS schools. However my point is the same. MN is a terrible football program. No Big 10 school should be getting manhandled by a lower division school. Last night wasn't even close, I don't care who that lower division school is that should not happen to a major conference football team. What will happen to the Gophers the rest of the year in conference play is going to be ugly, very ugly. The Bison looked like they should have been paying MN for yesterday's game.

Now since this is smack, I still think UNI is a better team this year and I think SIU likely finishes 2nd in conference play. Sorry, I'm not interested in kissing the Bison's axx and Bohl still hasn't proven he can win week in and week out in the conference. This may be the year, he has the talent, we shall see.

Leave a comment:

• slosho
    replied

If NDSU keeps winning these games they are going to have a very tough time finding area FBS schools willing to give the payout game...

Leave a comment:

• RowdyRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
    Good for the Bison, but how bad is MN? When does the Big 10 look at them and say WTF, can you get it together? What must the Big Red think?
    I don't care how bad MN is.

The Bison play to their ability and greater when they play FBS squads. Whether it be MN, Ball St. Kansas, or whatever other FBS teams they've beaten in the last five years. NDSU goes into big games (FBS or playoffs) "knowing" they can win, and expecting to win and they usually do.

I don't understand what it is...coaching? player talent? both?

I long for SDSU to be at that point.

Leave a comment:

• Theee Catrabbit
    replied

Minnesota is BAD! But the Bison stepped up and played through the bad team knowing they had a tough MVFC schedule ahead. The Bison did not overlook Minnesota. It could have been a trap game for the Bison, but they stayed on the task at hand! That's good coaching! The Bison made sure an easy win remained a win, rather than trying to phone it in over a clearly lesser opponent.

Leave a comment:

• tjbison
    replied

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
    Good for the Bison, but how bad is MN? When does the Big 10 look at them and say WTF, can you get it together? What must the Big Red think?
    Well We have beat them in 2007 and 2011, USD beat them Last year only Dakota FCS team they have beat since 2007 is SDSU and all FCS Montana St. So yes Minnesota is bad but no matter they are a BCS team cant take that away from us, I know its hard to give NDSU any credit for totally outplaying them tonight and how well Brock played. But thats fine cause the Valley has 2 FBS wins this year ISU-B and NDSU

Leave a comment:

• Mike Vicks Dead PitBulls
    replied

Originally posted by rjacks21 View Post
    The Bison definitely show up to play against the FBS. Even in down years they seem to give the big boys all they can handle. Bohl seems to have a knack of getting his teams ready to play in big games. The UNI/NDSU game should be a whale of a game.
    FIFY, lol.

Leave a comment:

• rjacks21
    replied

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    Way to pwn, Bison!

I wish SDSU could play like that against FBS opponents.
    The Bison definitely show up to play against the FBS. Even in down years they seem to give the big boys all they can handle. Bohl seems to have a knack of getting his teams ready to play in big games. The UNI/NDSU game should be a heck of a game.

Leave a comment:

• jacksfan29
    replied

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    Way to pwn, Bison!

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Congradulations to the Bison. They will be tough to beat on Oct 22, 2011

Did NDSU put a billboard at the Brookings exit to remind me of that date or do i have to just remember it in my head?

Leave a comment:

• RowdyRabbit
    replied

Way to pwn, Bison!

Leave a comment:

• tjbison
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Thanks, we had 2 starters out and 1 go down also

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied