USD "Keep it Classy" Campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: South Dakota State at Youngstown State

I had a long post but in the end, Who really cares what I think. I don't believe it was done with malice. I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

I could always use some bottled air.
    Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Originally posted by joeybrownerHOF View Post
      I had a long post but in the end, Who really cares what I think. I don't believe it was done with malice. I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

I think we can make a deal then
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

At least Yoteforever is attempting to be funny.

As far as the motivation for putting up the billboard...take the USD marketing guy at his word (stirring fan support etc. but also including a "question" about how long it would take for some blue paint to appear etc....seemed to me it was clearly contemplated that a reaction was desired).

I'm with JimmyJack on hoping for a little better "rivalry" to resume. The billboard and now the dead coyote hanging on the billboard may be indicators that others are ready to take it back to the garbage dump real fast. I know that a few SDSU fans harp on "we went first" to the point that it is a substantial irritant to some USD fans. If the "rivalry" is one that becomes extremely unpleasant again, will some USD fans (maybe the marketing guy?) claim USD led the way by the billboard stunt?

(By the way, if anyone missed it, the USD marketing guy's comments about provoking a response, blue paint etc., were quotes appearing in an article in The Volante, the USD student newspaper. Link: http://www.volanteonline.com/news/bi...alry-1.2627151 )

Comment

• Re: USD "Keep it Classy" Campaign

The more I read on this thread - the more I feel like I'm reading the Bob Loblaw Law Blog.

The "dot" pulled a "stewie" and they baited us into a response. If someone had half a brain, they would have installed a security camera to capture the inevitable hanging of game - or whatever was going to happen. How do we know it wasn't the USD marketing department that did the dirty.

I'm with the rest of you - Apple pie would taste pretty good on a cool autumn evening. Ala mode, in fact.

Comment

Originally posted by joeybrownerHOF View Post

Goon thinks he's witty but Ya know they already sell that stuff. (compressed air) I clean out my keyboard with it.

I think everyone is entitled to an opinion, However I am entitled to disagree with said opinions.

Now if someone were to tell me that "USD" (used generically) hoped that no vandalism would occur. I would not rule it out. but I would think that those in charge were very naive. And I guess I over estimate the quality of a SDBOR school education.

Comment

So will PETA demand SDSU, USD or both to change their mascot to "Sea Kittens"?
              Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                ...Now if someone were to tell me that "USD" (used generically) hoped that no vandalism would occur. I would not rule it out. but I would think that those in charge were very naive. And I guess I over estimate the quality of a SDBOR school education.
                (For emphasis) USD officially hoped to provoke a response: See: http://www.volanteonline.com/news/bi...alry-1.2627151

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  (For emphasis) USD officially hoped to provoke a response: See: http://www.volanteonline.com/news/bi...alry-1.2627151
                  Yup. And whoever put that coyote up there played right into their hands and refocused attention on the billboard, in a decidedly negative way. Now their fan base is further motivated and SDSU fans lose the high ground. Neat. Can we please just focus on the action on the field/court and root FOR our team? I'm not optimistic about how this will play out.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                    Goon thinks he's witty but Ya know they already sell that stuff. (compressed air) I clean out my keyboard with it.

I think everyone is entitled to an opinion, However I am entitled to disagree with said opinions.

Now if someone were to tell me that "USD" (used generically) hoped that no vandalism would occur. I would not rule it out. but I would think that those in charge were very naive. And I guess I over estimate the quality of a SDBOR school education.
                    I don't think I have ever seen goon and witty in the same sentence before. Thanks. That's different air. I guess I shoulf have said your standard atmospheric mixture and pressure.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The billboards intent was to taunt, the hanging coyote was a response. Both are in poor taste and neither particularly clever.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        The billboards intent was to taunt, the hanging coyote was a response. Both are in poor taste and neither particularly clever.
                        Agreed Doc, with one addition. One action was initiated by the marketing administration and paid state employees of a public university and the other was presumeably done by an 18-22 college kid after being enticed - one would have thought that at least one of those parties would have known better.
                        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          But both are funnier than hell

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                            But both are funnier than hell
                            . . . but is hell really all that funny?
                            Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

If I was a walk-on athlete at the U. I'd be pissed that a lot of money went into those billboards versus a scholarship I could use.
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                                If I was a walk-on athlete at the U. I'd be pissed that a lot of money went into those billboards versus a scholarship I could use.
                                Well big picture the billboard draws interest which it has undoubtedly done, ends up putting more butts in the seats in both Brookings and Vermillion, sparks a rivalry eventually leading to more money and BINGO scholarships. The billboard will indirectly pay for itself. It was a smart move on USD's part.
                                How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Working...
                                X