Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Great West Tournament

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    I'm sitting here in Kansas City, listening to the Kansas post-game show, hearing Missouri fans call in, and thinking "you know, Mizzou fans remind me a LOT of USD fans . . . "
    You mean the same two people kept calling in over and over?

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
      You mean the same two people kept calling in over and over?
      No, actually it was one guy, mainly. But the show host gave him like ten minutes to try to come to some coherent point.

I can't quite describe what it is that, in my mind, links Mizzou and USD so much, but there's really something very, very similar in how fans of the two institutions behave. It's really a bit uncanny and kind of unnerving for a SDSU fan living in Kansas City. Weird, really.

KU and K-State are, more or less, a kind of melange of SDSU and NDSU . . . one's traditionally better in football, one's traditionally better at basketball, but there's something about those two fan bases which sort of resonate in sync with the SDSU and NDSU fan bases.

The Mizzou fan base . . . it's . . . I dunno . . . It's different . . .
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

No, actually it was one guy, mainly. But the show host gave him like ten minutes to try to come to some coherent point.
        I guess I can see why that made you think of USD...

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
          I guess I can see why that made you think of USD...
          Touche'
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I can't quite describe what it is that, in my mind, links Mizzou and USD so much, but there's really something very, very similar in how fans of the two institutions behave. It's really a bit uncanny and kind of unnerving for a SDSU fan living in Kansas City. Weird, really.

KU and K-State are, more or less, a kind of melange of SDSU and NDSU . . . one's traditionally better in football, one's traditionally better at basketball, but there's something about those two fan bases which sort of resonate in sync with the SDSU and NDSU fan bases.

Did Quantrill live in Vermillion for a while?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              Did Quantrill live in Vermillion for a while?
              All I know of Quantrill is from the Warren Zevon song . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cts5relHGrE
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I see USD and UND are going into a second overtime, tied at 65.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

OK, you guys got me in a Warren Zevon mood now . . .

Mohammed's Radio
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I've been watching the game since about 2 minutes in regulation. It's entertaining. Neither team will be proud of their performance but, entertaining.

filbert: people in Lawrence are still real mad about Quantrill and his boys burning the town. Interesting history of a chapter at the end of the Civil War.

I caught on to Warren Zevon rather late and regretted I didn't pay attention earlier. Enjoyed his stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      I've been watching the game since about 2 minutes in regulation. It's entertaining. Neither team will be proud of their performance but, entertaining.

filbert: people in Lawrence are still real mad about Quantrill and his boys burning the town. Interesting history of a chapter at the end of the Civil War.
                      I guess I can be happy I'm a Union boy, then, even if I live in Missouri . . .
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Gorilla You're A Desperado
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

And you associate yourself with football or basketball?

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                            And you associate yourself with football or basketball?
                            If I could explain it better, I would, I assure you. It's just a kind of "vibe" I get . . .
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Bad Karma
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                                Well at this point in their transition SDSU was still losing to the Iowa College of Hair and Design, the Nebraska College of Pet Obedience & the University of South Dakota, Springfield, Oh wait that one is a prison, ooops my bad.

Also Ohhffeerr the first 20 in Summit road games. It wasn't all that long ago that the Jacks mens team was a laughing stock.
                                Just went back and read the full thread and saw the above. I thought "you know, I was hoping USD would beat UND but then I read that kind of drool and I thought (on the TV, USD was ahead 76-74 with seconds on the clock), it'd be good for coyote fan if UND won. Bam! UND with a three. UND wins, 77-76.

Crawl back into your hole, CF.

(Actually, I'd still prefer USD won the game.)

Comment

Working...
                                X