Great West Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Great West Tournament

Its okay, they are the Harvard of the plains with a focus on academics and they will have great career choices after they graduate. Check out this article from the Yankton Press and Dakotan which includes an interaction between David Sayler, USD athletic director, and a prestiges USD guy who served him ice cream

“I was at the SDSU ice cream stand, and the guy serving it asked me, ‘Do you really want this?’ And of course I said yes, and he said, ‘Good, because I’m a USD guy too,’” Sayler said before the SDSU-North Dakota State women’s game Sunday afternoon.

http://yankton.net/articles/2011/03/...d830614146.txt

U. careers serving SDSU ice cream at the arena.

Comment

My God, do we REALLY have to let them join the league next year?

Tonight its the mens turn to flop. USD men trail the entire game but are able to squeak into OT with 6-25 Chicago St.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/conver...meId=310690233
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
        My God, do we REALLY have to let them join the league next year?

Tonight its the mens turn to flop. USD men trail the entire game but are able to squeak into OT with 6-25 Chicago St.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/conver...meId=310690233
        Minus Charlie Westbrook who broke his hand during practice. That team has very little depth, so losing a player like Westbrook is a pretty devastating blow.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Wouldn't having to suit up for USD be a pretty devastating blow?
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
            Wouldn't having to suit up for USD be a pretty devastating blow?
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0PIdWdw15U

Comment

Watching the UVU v USD game on the internet...quite a finish. USD wins, 72-70. Controversial call right at the end: UVU sinks a three but the shooter was called out of bounds. Announcers say they've looked at it four times and he was in bounds (we thought so, too).

USD meets UND tomorrow night for the GW title. Question: If UND loses, will the ND legislature step in and declare them the winner?

Say, on the subject of the Yankton P&D article and the reference to SDSU ice cream...was SDSU ice cream being sold at the arena. I didn't see it if it was.

Comment

Well it looks like the demise of the USD men was a bit premature. They played a tremendous game in beating the 11-1 in GWC Utah Valley in their backyard (something those juggernaut Summit League Bison were not able to do against last years inferior UV team, at least in comparison to this years version).

This doesn't cure all ills but it was a huge win. USD had to play a near perfect game to get the win. UV is a pretty good team.
                How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

I see Jordan Boots was 3-3 from 3 in the game. Good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                    I see Jordan Boots was 3-3 from 3 in the game. Good for him.
                    Nothing against Jordan or anything but if he is your 6th man your team isn't that good.

I don't follow the GWC, but if USD and UND are in the finals my guess is its quite a bit worse then the Summit League.

Now again you win the games you play and USD has done that so no knocks on them but come on UND, USD?

There are NAIA schools in the state that could give those 2 teams a run for their money.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                      Nothing against Jordan or anything but if he is your 6th man your team isn't that good.

I don't follow the GWC, but if USD and UND are in the finals my guess is its quite a bit worse then the Summit League.

Now again you win the games you play and USD has done that so no knocks on them but come on UND, USD?

There are NAIA schools in the state that could give those 2 teams a run for their money.

This would be the understatement of the year.
                      http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/bkc1011.htm

Go Jacks!!
                      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                        This would be the understatement of the year.
                        http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/bkc1011.htm

Go Jacks!!

Well at this point in their transition SDSU was still losing to the Iowa College of Hair and Design, the Nebraska College of Pet Obedience & the University of South Dakota, Springfield, Oh wait that one is a prison, ooops my bad.

Also Ohhffeerr the first 20 in Summit road games. It wasn't all that long ago that the Jacks mens team was a laughing stock.
                        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                          Well at this point in their transition SDSU was still losing to the Iowa College of Hair and Design, the Nebraska College of Pet Obedience & the University of South Dakota, Springfield, Oh wait that one is a prison, ooops my bad.

Also Ohhffeerr the first 20 in Summit road games. It wasn't all that long ago that the Jacks mens team was a laughing stock.
                          Go away
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

No you have your schedule confused with ours. We played Kentucky, Ill., Marquetette, Butler, Minnesota as we moved up to full D-I. Please list your powerhouse schools. How many NAIA schools can you play in one season?

Comment

Confucius Say - " Team who's strength of schedule ranks 344 out of 345 teams should not throw stones ." Too bad the game against that hated Axtell Park Middle School five was a non-counter,or you would have been first (or last) in something.

Comment

I'm sitting here in Kansas City, listening to the Kansas post-game show, hearing Missouri fans call in, and thinking "you know, Mizzou fans remind me a LOT of USD fans . . . "
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X