Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Enough with the USD Lovefest

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
    Not sure why everyone is so bitter. So we went first. UNI went before us. Northern Colorado went before us. There are a lot of universities that blazed the D-1 trail for us. There will be plenty more following. I don't hear any of them puffing their chests out stating they went first. So what, get over it.

Now Cleveland is still bitter over the LeBron decision. They will get over it at some time, we need to move on. Check out this video.
    Thank you for the sanity of this post

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
      I believe you mean the green "PARTICIPATION" ribbon that is awarded to everyone who competed in elementary "track and field" day, but weren't good enough to place
      Hittin' pretty close to home, there, Kemo: I have one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        Hittin' pretty close to home, there, Kemo: I have one of those.
        I got one too once, but I threw it in the dumpster, hoping to destroy the evidence... and I would have got away with nobody knowing about this failure too... if I hadn't typed this message
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
          Not sure why everyone is so bitter. So we went first. UNI went before us. Northern Colorado went before us. There are a lot of universities that blazed the D-1 trail for us. There will be plenty more following. I don't hear any of them puffing their chests out stating they went first. So what, get over it.

Now Cleveland is still bitter over the LeBron decision. They will get over it at some time, we need to move on. Check out this video.
          As hard as it is for me to swallow this, you are correct!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
            I'd have preferred to see USD go to the Big Sky. It would have been better for the state as a whole in national exposure, and it would have set the stage for great inter-conference rivalries. Now all we've got is a rehashed NCC, with state's two largest universities playing the same schedules and getting overly excited about playing each other. So much for thinking big.
            This to me is the negative. The rest is just nasty talk and BS. Much like the rivalry was.
            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Isnt this a smack section...anymore this site is turning into a USD fan board, am I on the right site? I could of swore it said "Of, by, and for South Dakota State JackRabbits fans" above.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                This is the sick part of USD joining the MVFC. This constant chatter about us following you. Sniffing your butts, following your every move, this, that ,and whatever.

I had no intention of saying this because I thought the majority of the posters wanted to get off on the right foot but I guess not. So here is the truth. Once again, USD comes in and saves the Jacks. Without the Coyotes in this league, especially the Summit, the chances of the league surviving were slim and none. USD brings stability, and according to our friends on Western Illinois fan board, we strenghten the mens basketball picture immensely.

So I am sure the majority of you have to much pride to thank us for saving you once again, but I'll just accept your thanks in abstentia because I know you are all grateful we came in and saved your RABBIT BUTTHOLE.

Stop all this crap about we were first. UNI I bet has not once said that to you, yet they are the ones that paved the way. Think about it. Do you want to start this renewed rivalry correct, or just start the trash talk now? You have claimed for sometime USD have no class, maybe it's time to use our fan board venues for change?
                If we can't say we were first can we AT LEAST say you were second? Or is that forbidden, too?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                  If we can't say we were first can we AT LEAST say you were second? Or is that forbidden, too?
                  I tell you what......do whatever it is that makes you secure. Please remind us daily how you were first (in SD). You are awesome and great and we at USD want to thank you for blazing the trail and removing all obstacles.

Some of your fans are going to stay home when SDSU plays South Dakota's team, so we want to thank you for that. Thank you for showing South Dakota what not to do, so that the time frame to excel in both leagues has been shortened, if not eliminated.

For what it is worth.........good luck tomorrow

Comment

For what it is worth.........good luck tomorrow
                    Thanks we will need it. As for the rest of the thread, I have NO COMMENT.

Comment

I've stayed out of this, but it was long week and my constitution is worn down. YFE, you do know that the only way you got the MVFC invite was because SDSU & NDSU went to bat for you right? The travel restriction requested by the other schools only gets approved if the XDSU schools say fine, we will keep our full travel commitments to those schools and they don't have to reciprocate. If the XDSU schools had insisted on comparable treatment, every school in the conference wants to pick its travel conditions and the offer is never made. So yes, SDSU did help you out. Why, because it was what was best for SDSU. Each school has always done what is in their own best interest. The difference being is that one school felt the need to denigrate the other for doing that.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                        I've stayed out of this, but it was long week and my constitution is worn down. YFE, you do know that the only way you got the MVFC invite was because SDSU & NDSU went to bat for you right? The travel restriction requested by the other schools only gets approved if the XDSU schools say fine, we will keep our full travel commitments to those schools and they don't have to reciprocate. If the XDSU schools had insisted on comparable treatment, every school in the conference wants to pick its travel conditions and the offer is never made. So yes, SDSU did help you out. Why, because it was what was best for SDSU. Each school has always done what is in their own best interest. The difference being is that one school felt the need to denigrate the other for doing that.
                        Nope. President Abbott said very confidentially that he did this to save your butts and the Summit League. Now, go recharge that constitution of yours.

Comment

Nope. President Abbott said very confidentially that he did this to save your butts and the Summit League. Now, go recharge that constitution of yours.
                          I will, and just so everyone knows (YFE was repped first) I meant it to be a good-natured ribbing of yotee fans, but haven't had enough recharging yet.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I tell you what......do whatever it is that makes you secure. Please remind us daily how you were first (in SD). You are awesome and great and we at USD want to thank you for blazing the trail and removing all obstacles.

Hey...he finally gets it. Thanks YFE! And you're welcome!
                            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

you all get

Comment

So thats what one of those looks like.
                                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                                X