Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Brett Farve Experiment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    i guess if brett cant handle all those cheap shots anymore then maybe he should retire for good. but im sure he will pull the same crap he has the last 3 yrs and leave the vikings in limbo. maybe we'll get to see another press conference of brett crying and retiring.
    It looked to me after the first unnecessary roughness penalty, the Saints were out to intentionally trying to hurt Farve. I'm all for pressuring the quarterback and hitting him legally, but it got to the point where it looked like they were trying to hurt him seriously. That point was reaffirmed on the second one where the defender lifted Favre off the ground and drilled him into the ground and got our of hand when they dove below the knee and about broke his ankle, and the ref somehow didn't call it. Every QB is going to take their licks in the game, but that was getting borderline ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
      It looked to me after the first unnecessary roughness penalty, the Saints were out to intentionally trying to hurt Farve. I'm all for pressuring the quarterback and hitting him legally, but it got to the point where it looked like they were trying to hurt him seriously. That point was reaffirmed on the second one where the defender lifted Favre off the ground and drilled him into the ground and got our of hand when they dove below the knee and about broke his ankle, and the ref somehow didn't call it. Every QB is going to take their licks in the game, but that was getting borderline ridiculous.

if they werent legal hits then the striped shirt guys would have thrown flags. i saw just one other hit that i thought could have been roughing the passer but the other hits were football hits. take your hits or retire like you should have a couple years ago.

Comment

I think Favre proved he still had the ability to play this year.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

From TMQ on ESPN:

"I Mean This In Full Seriousness: Say what you will about Brett Favre, his return was fantastic for TV ratings. The Minnesota-Green Bay "Monday Night Football" game was a record-setter; the Vikings-Cowboys playoff game was the most-watched network television event since last year's Super Bowl; the Vikings-Saints playoff game was watched by more people than any television broadcast, other than Super Bowls, since the "Seinfeld" sign-off in 1998. Favre was paid well, about $12 million from the Vikings. But consider: Albert Haynesworth made more, and didn't add a dime to ticket sales or ratings. If Favre does play again next season, he should ask for a cut of the profits."

I wonder what the cut would work out to.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

...and he retires again. Will it last?
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
              ...and he retires again. Will it last?
              "If a tree falls in the forest . . ."
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

just a second, i need to throw up.

Comment

Hope he comes back. I love to hate him. Plus, he'll just throw another awful interception at the wrong time and I can laugh at all of the Vikings fans. Though, it would be hard to top "The Mona Lisa of Interceptions."
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I wish I could take credit for this, but the best "reason" for his "retirement" that I've read so far is that he did it so he could go play for the Heat
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                      Hope he comes back. I love to hate him. Plus, he'll just throw another awful interception at the wrong time and I can laugh at all of the Vikings fans. Though, it would be hard to top "The Mona Lisa of Interceptions."
                      I agree...part of me hopes he comes back just to tear the hearts out of Vikes fans everywhere...AGAIN!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe his last pass as a Falcon, Packer, Jet and Viking have all been interceptions
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

He's baaack!
                        http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...EP7vDEh7P:DiUs

Comment

I was personally hoping he'd fail his physical and not be able to play. That would have been the ultimate kick in the cajones for Vikings fans after the "OJ like following" of his return today.
                          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                            I was personally hoping he'd fail his physical and not be able to play. That would have been the ultimate kick in the cajones for Vikings fans after the "OJ like following" of his return today.
                            LOL I'm hoping that the Saints' defense zero in on that ankle of his and screw it up badly in opening night of the 2010 season!

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                              Can you imagine how long that doc would still be the team physician if he refused to sign off on him? His/her replacement would have been in the exam room with in seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by OKC_Poke View Post
                                LOL I'm hoping that the Saints' defense zero in on that ankle of his and screw it up badly in opening night of the 2010 season!
                                Wait the Saints don't do that, they never cheat shot someone....

The NFL WILL not allow the cheap shots they allowed in the NFC Title game. Favre gets touched after a play, it will be a penalty.

Comment

Working...
                                X