X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Brett Farve Experiment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
    Refs sure didn't help in overtime.
    If I didn't know any better I would venture to say Vikings fans are also fans of the NDSU Bizon squad. Just saying

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
      Yeah....very bad decision by Favre to throw the ball when he did with 11 secs to go, but man, the vikes fumbled away so many other opportunities (end of first half) it's hard to blame just Favre.

The vikes NFC championship curse continues.....
      If Chilly the village idiot wouldn't have sent 12 men out for the huddle (after a time out ! ) , a run play probably would have been called instead of a pass.

Comment

Or the idiot player shouldn't have gone ...

Actually, I think the Vikes fumbles cost the game - two turnovers inside the 10 yard line in a game that went to OT.

Saints were not impressive today, but they get to go to Miami.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

"Balls on the ground, balls on the ground. Killing your season with those balls on the ground."

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I'm not saying that the turnovers didn't hurt. They certainly did. The first Peterson fumble, the Harvin fumble, the 2nd Favre interception hurt the most. I didn't see one call for the Vikes after Favre got slammed to the ground. Three should have been a penalty called on Favre's first INT when one of the Saints players drilled Favre below the knee. The 4th and 1 call, the pass interference, and the questionable catch in overtime. Even with all those TO and Favre hurt due to multiple cheap shots, they were still in the game. This game hurt more than the '98 NFC Championship game.

Comment

Well, this was the ending that we as Vikings fans have come to expect, I guess.

I predicted that the Vikes would blow out the Saints.....

Of course, I also assumed that the offense would TAKE CARE OF THE BALL!!!!

Comment

I think I would have rather been blow out. To play like **** and lose in OT.. just plain SUCKS. So many blown opportunities. How about oh I don't know.. DON'T get a flipping five yard penalty taking you out of field goal position followed up by a pathetic turn the ball over and KICK THE FIELD GOAL FOR THE WIN.

I am really sick of being a Vikings Fan right now. (I am a lifelong fan btw and will get over it.. next season sometime, maybe... it might take longer than that)

For me... losing to Montana HURT honestly still twinges... this just pisses me off.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  If Chilly the village idiot wouldn't have sent 12 men out for the huddle (after a time out ! ) , a run play probably would have been called instead of a pass.
                  Yep, for sure. Another great example of how horrible a coach Childress is....really? 12 men in the huddle?.....with 18 seconds to go in the nfc championship game?....in a tie game...when your barely in fg range and 5 yards costs you a fg attempt?....really Childress?

But yeah, I agree, the fumbles were what cost the Vikes the game. When Favre threw the pick, they had already lost, IMO.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Is it really Chilly's fault there were 12 guys in the huddle. I would assume there are other coaches on the sideline that are responsible for personnel and that Chilly wasn't the one who sent 12 out there. Just plain stupidity on someone's part.

Live in Minnesota, glad I'm not a die-hard Vikings fan. They did NOT deserve to win yesterday IMO. The Saints did everything they needed to do to win the game, the Vikings did not. Simple as that. The refs didn't cost the Vikings one thing, they cost themselves by putting the ball on the ground so many times. Was the interference call on Leber in OT a phantom call, sure. But the Vikings should have never been in that situation had they played a complete game. Where was the vaunted pass rush all game? And the Vikings pass protection, non-existent. Favre's lucky to be alive today (I'm guessing there's some cracked ribs after he got planted on that one hit).

Anyway, I hope the Super Bowl is at least an exciting game. Go....
                    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                      Is it really Chilly's fault there were 12 guys in the huddle. I would assume there are other coaches on the sideline that are responsible for personnel and that Chilly wasn't the one who sent 12 out there. Just plain stupidity on someone's part.

Live in Minnesota, glad I'm not a die-hard Vikings fan. They did NOT deserve to win yesterday IMO. The Saints did everything they needed to do to win the game, the Vikings did not. Simple as that. The refs didn't cost the Vikings one thing, they cost themselves by putting the ball on the ground so many times. Was the interference call on Leber in OT a phantom call, sure. But the Vikings should have never been in that situation had they played a complete game. Where was the vaunted pass rush all game? And the Vikings pass protection, non-existent. Favre's lucky to be alive today (I'm guessing there's some cracked ribs after he got planted on that one hit).

Anyway, I hope the Super Bowl is at least an exciting game. Go....
                      Yup. You can't fumble six times and throw two picks and expect to win an NFC Championship game on the road.

But it was clear to me that minus the mistakes the Vikings were a far superior team. I expect Peyton Manning to expose the Saints' shaky defense and am predicting a 42-17 Super Bowl win for the Colts... unless they fumble six times.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                        I'm not saying that the turnovers didn't hurt. They certainly did. The first Peterson fumble, the Harvin fumble, the 2nd Favre interception hurt the most. I didn't see one call for the Vikes after Favre got slammed to the ground. Three should have been a penalty called on Favre's first INT when one of the Saints players drilled Favre below the knee. The 4th and 1 call, the pass interference, and the questionable catch in overtime. Even with all those TO and Favre hurt due to multiple cheap shots, they were still in the game. This game hurt more than the '98 NFC Championship game.

i guess if brett cant handle all those cheap shots anymore then maybe he should retire for good. but im sure he will pull the same crap he has the last 3 yrs and leave the vikings in limbo. maybe we'll get to see another press conference of brett crying and retiring.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                          i guess if brett cant handle all those cheap shots anymore then maybe he should retire for good. but im sure he will pull the same crap he has the last 3 yrs and leave the vikings in limbo. maybe we'll get to see another press conference of brett crying and retiring.
                          Apparently the Brady rule only gets called if the quarterback's name is Brady.

Comment

So here is my question for Viking fans:

2010 Vikings Season, success or failure?

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                              2010 Vikings Season, success or failure?
                              The words 'success' and 'failure' don't apply to the Vikings, as they are what they have always been: a device by which hundreds of thousands of people willingly torture themselves.

Comment

A brilliant video.

Audio is very adult, so don't click on it at work or around sensitive ears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PUAg...layer_embedded
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X