Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Brett Farve Experiment

That made me laugh out loud.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
      That made me laugh out loud.
      (smiles ruefully)

Comment

You know the more I think about it the more it fits. Listening to him try and explain some things that they did is not too far off from Cliff's explanations to Woody.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
          (smiles ruefully)
          You are the Cliffy Clavin of this board.

Comment

I see the waived/cut Randy Moss today. I say Kleinsasser and Farve go next.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              I see the waived/cut Randy Moss today. I say Kleinsasser and Farve go next.
              I say Childress goes immediately

Comment

My $0.02 on the Vikings....

Childress has a real big Napoleon Complex about himself.

Explain to me how the heck he became a head coach in the NFL?!

Comment

Glad they traded a 3rd rounder for him.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I don't think that Childress is stupid. His problem is that he is stubborn. He's prided himself on his stubbornness, and he thinks that that is a very good quality. It's a very bad quality. He was too committed to the Tavaris Jackson experiment. He was too stubborn to admit it wasn't working out. Then Favre is thrust upon him, and Childress insists that the Vikings offense plays his way. The Vikings do much better when Favre is allowed to play.

The Vikings convince Favre to come back this year. The offense consists of dinking around, he won't let Farve attack down field. Then the Vikings trade for Moss. So what do you do if you get Moss? Do you attack, attack, attack down the field? No, more Chillyball, dinking around. Then he cuts him because he didn't like something he said. When you trade for Moss, you don't get a choir boy.

Now the Vikings are out a third round pick for nothing. Someone will sign Moss without giving up anything. Childress is Gone, Gone, Gone. The Vikings need a coach who isn't stubborn, who would rather change and win than keep things his way.

Comment

Originally posted by RodentiaX1 View Post
                      I don't think that Childress is stupid.
                      Wrong. Did you see that catch he challenged yesterday? One look at the replay showed it was CLEARLY a catch. He is legitimately dumb.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

At least if the Vikings had Brewster they'd have a coach that could *talk* a good game.

Childress is the Cliff Clavin of coaches.
                        I use to work with a guy in walmart TLE, in our work uniforms and his mustache, he sounded and looked, and well, acted a lot like him. I would explain that it was like working with john ratzenburger(SP), the guy from cheers. Anyways, I think it was the vikings who sold out to get Farve put Chilly in this position. He needed to play him, but he turned out to still be as good of an option this year. Hopefully the viks get rid of both Chilly and Favre and start over fresh with a good coach and no DB ( DRAMA BRET).
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Chilly the village idiot apparently told the team Moss was being waived without clearing it with the front office or owners. Apparently Harvin and other players are livid. It wouldn't surprise if Favre,Peterson,Harvin and others go to the owners and say Chilly has lost the team and has to go. If only we could be so lucky !

Comment

It takes a lot to take the 1-6 Cowboys off the front of the sports page but the Vikes have managed to do it just about every week this year.

If there is no such thing as bad press then the value of the Vikings franchise is larger than the Yankees and Cowboys combined right now.

Wow, just wow!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Sports media in Twin Cities have to love this organization. No matter how bad they are playing they have something going on. Otherwise they would be talking about T-Wolves or Wild (which are on the down slide up there).

While Chilly, doesn't talk like Brewster so he doesn't take Singletary's role, he may have just guaranteed his done with the Vikes.

Comment

At least if the Vikings had Brewster they'd have a coach that could *talk* a good game.

Childress is the Cliff Clavin of coaches.
                                Childress will never be as good as Cliff Clavin. Cliff is a legend. Childress is a moron. I'm glad he is in his last days as a Viking.

Comment

Working...
                                X