X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Brett Farve Experiment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
    Favre didn't get sacked once, but Rodgers got sacked SEVEN times...ouch
    actually it was 8 times i believe . bad week for my fb teams. I love dallas and green bay, they both lost, sdsu lost, my brothers team lost, by buddies team lost when i went and watched, and i had to see the vikings, bears, giants, redskins and i think even the eagles win. Im gunna be sick
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I knew the game was over when they called that pass interference call at the goal line. The WR wasn't really touched(compared to the Vikings RT holding with both hands several times) but you knew that the game was over. I know they let OL hold more than touching the WR's but that was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
        I knew the game was over when they called that pass interference call at the goal line. The WR wasn't really touched(compared to the Vikings RT holding with both hands several times) but you knew that the game was over. I know they let OL hold more than touching the WR's but that was bad.
        Well, the Packers were offsides on that play as well. Two penalties on that one. So if the pass interference hadn't negated the interception, the offsides would have.

Facts are stubborn things.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
          I hope you got more than that. The Vikings were clearly the superior team.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            I hope you got more than that. The Vikings were clearly the superior team.
            I know that the Vikings were the better team. I was just pointing that when the Packers had a chance to make a game of it, they didn't come through. After the Vikings scored on that drive, there really wasn't any doubt who would win that game.
            The teams were more evenly matched than what I thought they were though.

Comment

First, a 49ers fan here so no real dog in this fight, but I thought the pass interference call was legit and couldn't believe neither Gruden or Jaws commented on this part. When they showed the replay you saw the defender wrap his hand around and pull on the receiver's hip. The receiver visibly turned directions and at that point the defender went from a 1/2 step behind to a 1/2 step ahead of the receiver. If not for that, he would not have been in position to intercept the pass, possibly break it up. But what he did clearly interfered with the receiver being able to catch the ball. To me, a good call.

Exciting game, couldn't believe the Packers shut down Peterson like they did and lost, but boy do they miss Adam Timmerman. They are desparate for players, maybe they should give him a call. Rogers won't last the season if they don't figures something out.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I'm with you FirstRow...I also couldn't believe the commentators didn't look at the replay clearly and see the interference was two steps before the play's conclusion...not at the "point of impact". It was clearly pass interference and the back judge could see it clearly, while the commentators were left clueless.

Comment

Huh ...

http://www.twincities.com/ci_1349745...ce=most_viewed

I don't know what's worse: the fact I've been away from the boards for almost three weeks, or that I wasted a post on Fav-ray
                  "You trusted us"

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                    Yeah, all Tebow and Farve do is win. Gotta hate them for that.
                    Really, really OT, but here's why I don't like Tebow. I guess it's not Tebow's fault at all, but I still blame him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ5SV...layer_embedded
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Well, RO, it's like this. When you have an athlete/coach who seems to win a great deal more than they lose ... and they seem to be a person of good character ... that person is celebrated. Take Coach Stig for example. Five years ago not many people on this board were singing his praises. Same person of sound character but the win/loss record was about average. Now, Stig is heaped with high praise and rightfully so. Add wins with good character and you get high praise. Sure people can question Brett F. with his flip flopping. But he seems to be a decent human being. But, for the most part, he's a winner. People love winners and look down their nose at losers.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                        Well, RO, it's like this. When you have an athlete/coach who seems to win a great deal more than they lose ... and they seem to be a person of good character ... that person is celebrated. Sure people can question Brett F. with his flip flopping. But he seems to be a decent human being. But, for the most part, he's a winner. People love winners and look down their nose at losers.
                        They should just change their names to the Florida Tim Tebow's then. The reason Florida is winning is their D. And I'm sure there are plenty of good character guys on their D, but do we hear about them? Nope. I'm not saying Tebow isn't a good player (though I don't think he'll ever be an NFL QB) or a good person.

Brett Favre on the other hand, I feel his ability is vastly overrated. And Brett Favre is not of great character. He got fined for throwing an illegal block in a pre-season game. He could have seriously injured the defenders knees but to everyone in the media it's just "Brett being Brett" He is also a media whore.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                          They should just change their names to the Florida Tim Tebow's then. The reason Florida is winning is their D. And I'm sure there are plenty of good character guys on their D, but do we hear about them? Nope. I'm not saying Tebow isn't a good player (though I don't think he'll ever be an NFL QB) or a good person.

Brett Favre on the other hand, I feel his ability is vastly overrated. And Brett Favre is not of great character. He got fined for throwing an illegal block in a pre-season game. He could have seriously injured the defenders knees but to everyone in the media it's just "Brett being Brett" He is also a media whore.
                          I love it...you are judging ones character....and your signature quotation is "She told me she had a boyfriend, but the alcohol told me she didn't..."
                          Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                          Muhammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by rational thought View Post
                            I love it...you are judging ones character....and your signature quotation is "She told me she had a boyfriend, but the alcohol told me she didn't..."
                            And I love your use of ellipses.

And yes, despite my message board signature from textsfromlastnight.com, I will continue to judge Brett Favre's character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_KqRT3lMq4

Comment

So this Favre guy is having a decent year eh?

16TD's and 3 INT's so far I believe.

Comment

Better acquisition: Favre or Harvin?

Comment

Working...
                                X