X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Brett Farve Experiment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
    Joe Mauer for AL Triple Crown?
    If only he hadn't lost that first month.
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I'm absolutely amazed by the people that think Mark Teixeira should win the MVP. Looking at the stats, Mauer is clearly the favorite.

But since Teixeira plays in NY, he will probably win...

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
        I'm absolutely amazed by the people that think Mark Teixeira should win the MVP. Looking at the stats, Mauer is clearly the favorite.

But since Teixeira plays in NY, he will probably win...
        Mauer's BA > Tex's OBP
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Anybody else think "The Brett Farve Experiment" (love the misspelling of the name BTW) would make a fantastic name for an absolutely dreadful late '60s-early '70's arty-spacy-psychadelic rock band?

"And now, lady and gentleman, let me introduce our headlining performers tonight--the Brett Farve Experiment!!!!

Oh. They quit.

No, THEY'RE BACK!

Oh, they quit again.

No . . ."
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            Anybody else think "The Brett Farve Experiment" (love the misspelling of the name BTW) would make a fantastic name for an absolutely dreadful late '60s-early '70's arty-spacy-psychadelic rock band?
            . . ."

I think I heard these guys in the '70s. Their signature was repeated curtain calls until even the groupies got disgusted and went home.

Comment

For another take on the Bret Favre story, read Jason Whitlock's sports column published today in the KC Star. Sorry I can't link it but click on columnists in the upper left corner of the home page at - kansascity.com

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                For another take on the Bret Favre story, read Jason Whitlock's sports column published today in the KC Star. Sorry I can't link it but click on columnists in the upper left corner of the home page at - kansascity.com
                http://www.kansascity.com/sports/col...y/1399081.html
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Thank you, JJ.

Comment

...and Favre continues his game winning drive ways....what a throw, what a catch!
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I can't watch a Vikings game unless it's on mute. The way announcers/ESPN slurps him is ridiculous. I don't know who I dislike more, Favre or Tebow. It's a toss-up.

Comment

Yeah, all Tebow and Farve do is win. Gotta hate them for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                          Yeah, all Tebow and Farve do is win. Gotta hate them for that.
                          Well, actually, Favre does more than just win. He's also a serial retirer.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            Well, actually, Favre does more than just win. He's also a serial retirer.

I prefer to call him, "perpetual rookie."

Comment

I won't defend Farve's circus antics. But, for all practical purposes he was forced to retire at Green Bay even though he still wanted to play the game. Green Bay, citing contractual reasons, would not allow him to go to Minnesota a year ago. So he ended up in goofy land ... New York. Not surprising he didn't like it there. Like I said, I'm not going to defend him but he is still a talented quarterback.

Comment

I like how the media will do anything to defend him, even when he plays awful. That's my favorite part.

Comment

Working...
                                X